Author Topic: 25 arrested at California protest of conservative meeting  (Read 910 times)

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
25 arrested at California protest of conservative meeting
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:37:21 AM »
The Northerner (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jan-30-11 10:11 PM
Original message
25 arrested at California protest of conservative meeting

Authorities say 25 people were arrested for trespassing as hundreds protested outside a strategy session of conservative political donors at a resort near Palm Springs.

Riverside County Deputy Melissa Nieburger (NEE-burger) said on Sunday that the protesters were being booked at Indio Jail and released.

The mostly peaceful demonstration had been arranged with authorities, but some protesters crossed the street to the entrance of the Rancho Las Palmas Resort where they were met by deputies in riot gear.

They were arrested without struggle or incident when they refused to leave the area.

Sunday was the second day of the four-day conclave of conservative political activists organized by brothers David and Charles Koch, who have funded the fight against global warming law and have financial ties to tea party groups.

Here's yer link!

Headline is just a tad misleading! it was DUmmies that got arrested as usual! No Conservative ended up in cuffs!

atreides1 (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jan-30-11 10:21 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. And once again.....

(drum roll) The whole point of why they were there, is either forgotten or not relevant!!!!

I am sure glad that some of those here at DU were not around during the American Revolution...or the Civil Rights marches...or any other time when Americans needed to go beyond the law.

I doubt it was relevant in the first ****in' place, asshat!

WillowTree (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jan-30-11 10:41 PM
Response to Reply #3
6. "Why they were there" got lost in the shuffle because...

....they got themselves arrested for trespassing, at which point the arrest became the story rather than the protest.

Funny how breakin' the law will do that, huh?

Fleming (14 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jan-30-11 10:48 PM
Response to Reply #3
8. They weren't sitting behind their keyboards, they showed up,

Edited on Sun Jan-30-11 10:51 PM by Fleming
knew they would probably get arrested for a minor trespass and increased the publicity garnered by their efforts. I doubt that even this minimal story would have made any media if they had just stood where they were told to and picked their butts.

It could be called a force multiplier.

Unbelievable! Ya mean someone got off their ass? Chances are none of 'em belong to the DUmp, huh? You slugs can't make it up the stairs to daylight!

WillowTree (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jan-30-11 10:15 PM
Response to Original message
2. Sounds like they were trespassing on private property and refused to leave.

I can't imagine what other outcome they would experience under the circumstances.

Uh oh!

rhett o rick Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jan-31-11 12:25 AM
Response to Reply #2
15. Are you joking? You choose to side with the corporatists? Why are you in DU? nm

Must not sound like you figured out they ****ed up! Pizza anyone?

upi402 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jan-30-11 11:13 PM
Response to Original message
13. When did we give up our rights as citizens to be in public space?

When did we give up our right to free speech while not penned into free speech zones?

This is a good one! The only place I know with zones are our college campi!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: 25 arrested at California protest of conservative meeting
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 10:14:11 AM »
This is a good one! The only place I know with zones are our college campi!

Exactly. And who was it that wanted said zones?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
As I recall it was the dems who put their protesters/supporters in (caged) speech zones during their convention. The reps let them march around in full view of the entire country in all their nutty, overblown costumes and rhetoric. I say let them preen and parade in all their demented glory. It's important for the American people to see who they are.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 11:48:20 AM »
So in other words, what the DUmbasses want is the right to brownshirt their way into an opposition meeting and harass and intimidate anyone they don't agree with.

Sorry, ****stains, we have a right to peaceably assemble and, yes, even formulate our political strategies without being set upon and squealing harpies reeking of patchouli.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."