Author Topic: DEA wants medical pot records on 7 people; mother of convict felon 1st to object  (Read 949 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Bozita (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-04-11 09:25 PM
Original message
Judge to hear DEA request to obtain state medical-marijuana records
 Source: Grand Rapids Press

Judge to hear DEA request to obtain state medical-marijuana records
Published: Tuesday, January 04, 2011, 3:01 PM Updated: Tuesday, January 04, 2011, 3:25 PM
By John Agar | The Grand Rapids Press

GRAND RAPIDS – A hearing is set next week in the federal government's request for access to certain state medical-marijuana records.

U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents is seeking the records related to a Lansing-area investigation of seven people.

In June, the DEA served a subpoena on the state's Department of Community Health, but the state would not provide the records citing confidentiality laws.

The Department of Community Health told investigators that they faced potential civil and criminal sanctions if they released the information.

Read more: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/0... 

Joanne98  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-04-11 09:31 PM
Response to Original message
1. The "War on drugs" is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
 Which is why the conservatives support it. They hate the Constitution and our freedoms!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4683059

A sad, sad attempt to co-opt the rallying cry of the TEA party.

Dear Stupid, Drugged-Up Whore of a Stupid Drugged-Up Whore-Mongering Convict,

You got nothin'!

The state can regulate drug use (never!) just the same way it can regulate alcohol use (never...before/during driving!).

Your son still deserves to be in jail and bitching about it changes nothing. You can't change the law because nobody else wants to. You could change your son but you refuse to. Those who choose crying over living deserve nothing but tears.

Now go choke yourself with a jack-hammer and die in a fire.

Signed,

SSB
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Well, since mary jane is still illegal according to the Feds, I guess they can force them to give up the records! Or do the States all of sudden have rights again? I coulda sworn the DUmmies insisted the Fed rules over all! Just ask Obwana!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

• Global Moderator
Well, since mary jane is still illegal according to the Feds, I guess they can force them to give up the records! Or do the States all of sudden have rights again? I coulda sworn the DUmmies insisted the Fed rules over all! Just ask Obwana!
Depends on how smart the feds are.

I know Obama has bucked state voters and insisted on prosecuting except those states aren't cooperating.

IF (and it is a mighty big IF) Obama and his AG are smart this case should only consider interstate transport. A state may legalize but the feds still have a say on interstate matters and state law cannot trump that.

It could also be a matter of a doctor violating ethics by selling scripts. The feds would have a shakier standing but an arguable one at least; especially if the state is turning a blind eye to illegal activity, i.e. wire fraud.

It's a crap article that doesn't address the underlying allegation which means as much as I might want to assume DoJ/DEA is being stupid and trouncing 10A the truth may be more sympathetic.

Offline true_blood

Joanne98  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-04-11 09:31 PM
Response to Original message
1. The "War on drugs" is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
Which is why the conservatives support it. They hate the Constitution and our freedoms!
Epic failure primitive. Conservatives want to UPHOLD the Constitution and you primitives and liberals piss all over the Constitution. You got it all wrong DUmmie.
By the way,..."medical" marijuana? Now that, is some funny stuff. :rotf: :lmao:

Offline jukin

NO HOLD ON!!!! Little DUchebag.

It is the left that says we can control your life because we will pay for your health care.... not the right.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

Depends on how smart the feds are.

I know Obama has bucked state voters and insisted on prosecuting except those states aren't cooperating.

IF (and it is a mighty big IF) Obama and his AG are smart this case should only consider interstate transport. A state may legalize but the feds still have a say on interstate matters and state law cannot trump that.

It could also be a matter of a doctor violating ethics by selling scripts. The feds would have a shakier standing but an arguable one at least; especially if the state is turning a blind eye to illegal activity, i.e. wire fraud.

It's a crap article that doesn't address the underlying allegation which means as much as I might want to assume DoJ/DEA is being stupid and trouncing 10A the truth may be more sympathetic.

Ah, yes, but when you bring illegal immigration and Arizona into the argument, which side do ya think the primitives are on???????

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
Ah, yes, but when you bring illegal immigration and Arizona into the argument, which side do ya think the primitives are on???????

Does Mexico have a communist party? If so, then they'll side with the Mexican communists.

Offline AllosaursRus

Does Mexico have a communist party? If so, then they'll side with the Mexican communists.

Since Mehico has absolutely no middle class, they have dirt poor and then the ruling elite, they don't need a communist party. They're about as close as you can get already!

Offline jukin

Since Mehico has absolutely no middle class, they have dirt poor and then the ruling elite, they don't need a communist party. They're about as close as you can get already!

The funny thing is that the DUchebags think they will be in the ruling class.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Sounds like they're investigating illegal interstate distribution of 'medical' marijuana purchased 'legally' in California. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

Sounds like they're investigating illegal interstate distribution of 'medical' marijuana purchased 'legally' in California. 

OOOOH! That could throw a wrench in the DUmmies plumbing!

• Global Moderator
OOOOH! That could throw a wrench in the DUmmies plumbing!
I said what DAT said in generic terms.

Where did you get Mexico and illegal immigrants from?

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd

Oh come on now. Even the bird has noticed that threads here and most message boards have a tendency to wander a wee bit/completely off topic.

I've seen a funny game played where you pick a set number word to take from the previous message and start a new topic from that word in the next post. You can wander aimlessly then suddenly snap right back on topic before you know it.

Offline AllosaursRus

The current admin suing Arizona and any other state when they want to enforce federal Law is a-okay with DUmbasses!

It's always hands off the states when it comes to any other liberal cause, like Med Mary Jane and crossin' state lines with same, or Gay marriage, or taxes! In those cases the states are all powerful! You dare not challenge the individual states!

Try to lock down the border? Holy Shit! Immediately they can't do that! The state is crossing into fed territory! It's the Feds who say you can or cannot go bankrupt coddlin' illegals!

ETA:

Seems to me to be "on topic"!

just sayin.........
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:53:25 PM by AllosaursRus »

Offline thundley4

The current admin suing Arizona and any other state when they want to enforce federal Law is a-okay with DUmbasses!

It's always hands off the states when it comes to any other liberal cause, like Med Mary Jane and crossin' state lines with same, or Gay marriage, or taxes! In those cases the states are all powerful! You dare not challenge the individual states!

Try to lock down the border? Holy Shit! Immediately they can't do that! The state is crossing into fed territory! It's the Feds who say you can or cannot go bankrupt coddlin' illegals!

ETA:

Seems to me to be "on topic"!

just sayin.........

Seems on topic to me.  I've wondered for awhile why the Feds didn't sue the states that passed medical marijuana laws.  What would be the difference in a state making marijuana legal and a state deciding that Oxycontin can be sold over the counter?