Author Topic: Omaha Steve Looking for Attention  (Read 563 times)

Offline BamaMoose

Omaha Steve Looking for Attention
« on: March 16, 2022, 07:24:45 PM »
First he puts up a poll on whether or not a graphic he posted reflects badly on DU because of it's use of foul language.  Apparently, he's unaware that of all the things that reflect badly on DU, foul language is the least of their worries.

Omaha Steve (83,895 posts)

I need your opinion (trigger warning for language)

Most of you know I rarely swear on the DU. I received some feedback on our DU Ukraine page. I have a salute to the Ukrainians that told the Russians to F off. Should I replace that graphic on our "OFFICIAL" DU page?

Here is the page: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/duforukraine

OS

<Poll Snipped but the DUmmies overwhelmingly approve of the foul language>

The "trigger warning" is absolutely precious.  Unfortunately his attempt at attention-whoring didn't get a whole lot of responses so, of course, he tried to perform CPR on it:

15. Kick

16. Looks like this post is slowly dying

A wide majority indicate leave it as is so far.

17. A new day

I wonder if the Monday crowd will reply on this? 

But, after only 19 responses (3 by Steve), the thread died.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216477809

He's so disappointed that he didn't get proper adulation, that he started a new thread to point out the other thread.

Omaha Steve (83,896 posts)

The end of a DU controversy? Maybe (trigger warning language)

Many of you took the time to answer my poll over the weekend: https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216477809

Over 90% said to leave the site as it was. Today I took the offending flag with the F word off the page.

Here is the result: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/duforukraine

I hope this ends the controversy while keeping the spirit of the Ukrainian people! 

OS 

Oh my, the controversy.  It was just insane. :panic:  Steve, you're so edgy and fringe.  Too bad the general public might be offended by your intensity.  Certainly, this thread will take off, because this controversy was splitting DU asunder.  Two hours later he had to try to calm the masses and tamp out the firestorm he'd created.

Omaha Steve (83,896 posts)

1. I expected some kind of reply by now

That was the last reply.  Fortunately, it saved DU from breaking down into chaos.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216486178

So I'll give Steve what he was really looking for.  Here's a cheers :cheersmate: for creating the fundraiser.  Now go get me some mini-tacos you fat waste of oxygen.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 10:48:33 PM by BamaMoose »

Offline SVPete

Re: Omaha Steve Looking for Attention
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 08:22:53 PM »
What percentage of Queen of Meme kpete's memes do not have foul language? Probably a majority, but ....
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 01:18:04 PM »

Really? No one here is going to take a swing at one being lobbed right over home plate.   :(
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 01:45:17 PM »
Really? No one here is going to take a swing at one being lobbed right over home plate.   :(

I'll take the bait by fixing Steve Dawes' post for accuracy:

But so have I for about a decade.  Pay attention to MEEEEEEE!!!! And no one asks about me!!!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 12:34:56 AM »
Omaha Steve? I thought you were dead.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 07:49:36 AM »

He's still voting Democrat, :shrug: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 08:05:09 AM »

I'm not dead!

CART MASTER: 'Ere. He says he's not dead!

CUSTOMER: Yes, he is.

DEAD PERSON: I'm not!

CART MASTER: He isn't?

CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon. He's very ill.

DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!

CUSTOMER: No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 10:18:32 AM »
I'm not dead!

CART MASTER: 'Ere. He says he's not dead!

CUSTOMER: Yes, he is.

DEAD PERSON: I'm not!

CART MASTER: He isn't?

CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon. He's very ill.

DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!

CUSTOMER: No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.

Have to give you a High 5 for the Holy Grail reference. Well done.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 11:14:45 AM »

Golf Clap. HI5
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2022, 06:28:54 PM »

Him and Snake Pliskin got more lives than a cat.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2022, 09:36:39 AM »
He says donations are fully tax deductible but that is unlikely if he did not set up a 503c Corporation
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.