Author Topic: Does it sometimes dumfound you that so many people can be stupid,  (Read 838 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
edhopper (23,360 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212734893

Does it sometimes dumfound you that so many people can be stupid,
bigoted, gullible and evil?

I am perplexed that Trump can still be supported by such a large percent of the population.

I guess there are just more ignorant, vile people in this country than I would have thought.

OMG!!!  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Dream Girl (1,682 posts)

2. Yes. But sometimes if you scroll through the tv channels, you get a sense of just

How dumb people are

Star Member Stuart G (23,934 posts)

3. We have had proof for awile. Re-election of Bush Jr..was absolute proof. very sad.

Star Member RKP5637 (56,903 posts)

4. I actually find it more frightening than dumfounded. I still find it hard to believe when I go out

about half the people around me are likely stupid, bigoted, gullible and evil.

Star Member redstatebluegirl (7,302 posts)

5. I still think there are a few different types of people who support this moron.

The first are the under educated, under employed white people. The second are the out and out racists. The third are the uber rich and the wish they were uber rich who think of him as "one of them", protecting their money, making sure they don't have to share anything.

All three are vile.

Star Member northoftheborder (6,552 posts)

13. 4th - are the extreme Christians

Some believe Trump is "brought by God"; some believe in the "End Times" and that we are near that; Some love his anti-abortion judges, and the prayer groups instituted by Pompeo in the State Dept., and in the military. Those things "trump" everything else: the dishonesty, depravity, ignorance, racism, misogyny, laziness, selfishness, cruelty, and don't leave out - allowing himself to become a Russian asset.

Unbelievable.

Star Member JustAnotherGen (26,353 posts)

11. Stupid - nope

They aren't stupid.

They aren't gullible.

Not surprised they are indeed the FACE of Evil in America and that their bigotry, prejudice, racism (whatever one wants to call it) is conscious.

I'm never letting them off the hook and I'm never going to let them forget WHAT they are and what they said and did during this time.

We did that before in this country. It was a monumental failure that leads to the BIGOTS in America Uprising today.

Bring the bastards to heel.

customerserviceguy (22,451 posts)

15. Trump is not

a politician, he is an entertainer. Politicians have supporters, entertainers have fans.

Many people are so disconnected from reality that they think that TV shows, etc. are reality. They glom on to this reality TV star, and think that the evil that he does is no more dangerous than that done by J. R. Ewing of "Dallas".

To them, a vote for president of the United States is no more consequential than a vote for somebody on "American Idol".
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Does it sometimes dumfound you that so many people can be stupid,
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 02:37:47 PM »
Yet, these anti-evil types support Antifa.   
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 02:49:27 PM »
Woohooo! I am the face of evil.  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 02:54:49 PM »
Woohooo! I am the face of evil.  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Awww, and you were always such a handsome devil
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 03:39:00 PM »
I'll take an IQ test against any DUmmy/leftist/democrat and spot them 40 points.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 05:19:36 PM »
DUpipo need to distill all their bile in this and similar threads and get it included in the Dem Party platform.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 06:09:44 PM »
Awwwwwww!! They're so cute when they think they're smart.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 07:28:57 PM »
edhopper (23,360 posts)

Does it sometimes dumfound you that so many people can be stupid, lbigoted, gullible and evil?

Nope. I read DU everyday and watch YouTube videos of protesters getting their collective asses handed to them.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 06:38:52 AM »
Just keep this crap up, DUmmies and liberals in general.
Then, you can be mystified as to why you keep losing elections, and why the majority of Americans view you as a bunch of smug, hateful, pretentious, condescending, America- hating elitist pricks who look down your noses at anyone who's different from you.
It was that very attitude that played a big role in costing the Dems the 2016 election, and they have learned NOTHING from it, as they are just doubling down on it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 04:48:58 AM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 07:02:09 PM »
"I hate you and loathe you, you despicable people!  Now vote for me and let me take your money!!!"

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2019, 07:27:31 PM »
edhopper (23,360 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212734893

Does it sometimes dumfound you that so many people can be stupid,
bigoted, gullible and evil?

I am perplexed that Trump can still be supported by such a large percent of the population.

I guess there are just more ignorant, vile people in this country than I would have thought.

So you morons learned nothing from hillary's "basket of deplorables" gaffe in 2016.  Keep it up and 2020 is going to be a cakewalk for President Trump and his deplorable base.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020