Author Topic: Marathon bombing trial to start today with jury selection  (Read 16629 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Marathon bombing trial to start today with jury selection
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:37:51 PM »
Marathon bombing trial to start today with jury selection
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/01/04/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-trial-for-boston-marathon-bombing-begins-today/4KkNkVoyJJm6PyuSl0YcUP/story.html

Nearly two years after the Boston Marathon tragedy, the trial of one of the accused bombers is set to open — the final chapter of a saga that will forever be ingrained in the city’s history.

Starting Monday, the judge, prosecutors, and defense lawyers will start whittling down a list of more than 1,200 names, aiming to find 12 jurors and six alternates capable of deciding whether Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 21, is guilty, and if so, whether he should be put to death.

The trial, which is attracting international attention, is expected to move especially slowly and with more than the usual care because a life is at stake; testimony probably will not begin until February, and a verdict may take until late spring or early summer.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's trial has started with jury selection. It could start in February or as early as late January. It could last up to summer. This should be an interesting trial.

Tsarnaev faces numerous charges.

Tsarnaev faces 30 charges — 17 of which carry the possibility of the death penalty — in the bombings at the Marathon finish line the afternoon of April 15, 2013, that killed three people and injured more than 260 others. Tsarnaev and his older brother Tamerlan also allegedly shot and killed an MIT police officer in Cambridge days after the bombings, a crime for which Tsarnaev is also charged.

If found guilty, he will probably end up in the ADX Florence Supermax.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Marathon bombing trial to start today with jury selection
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:02:27 AM »
'I knew he wasn't going to make it': Father of youngest Boston bomb victim tells court about the heartbreaking moment he realized his son, 8, was dead and his daughter, 6, had lost her leg
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2980978/Boston-bombing-trial-day-testimony.html

The father of eight-year-old Martin Richard knew the instant he saw his son following the Boston bomb blast that he wouldn't survived and made the unimaginable decision to leave quickly to save the life of his seriously wounded daughter, Jane.

Bill Richard told the trial on Thursday: 'It was at that time that I saw my son alive for the last time. I saw a little boy who had his body severely damaged by an explosion.'

Mr Richard spoke deliberately throughout his testimony at the Boston court as he recalled the horrific explosions of April 15, 2013, where his son Martin was killed and six-year-old Jane had her leg blown off.

Bill Richard saw his own son Martin get killed by th bombing placed by Tamerlan and Dzohkar Tsarnaev. Sickening!  :bawl: :mad: :argh:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Marathon bombing trial to start today with jury selection
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 03:28:23 AM »
I can't remember if there were any DUmpsters who were supportive of the Boston bombers.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.