Author Topic: DUmmies think abortion laws should apply to 4 day old child who died  (Read 363 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x900643

tekisui Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-15-11 05:59 PM
Original message
Woman Who Attempted Suicide While Pregnant is Accused of Murder   Updated at 5:59 PM

Source: The Guardian

A woman accused of murdering her four-day-old baby girl by trying to kill herself with rat poison while pregnant has become a cause célèbre for US women's groups and civil liberties organisations.

Bei Bei Shuai, 34, a restaurant owner who moved to the US from China 10 years ago, was pregnant and planning to marry her boyfriend until she learned late last year that he was already married and he would be abandoning her.

A few days later, on 23 December, she went to a hardware store, bought rat poison pellets, went back to her flat in Indianapolis and swallowed some. But she did not die immediately and was persuaded by friends to go to hospital.

(snip)

But in March she was arrested and charged with murder and attempted foeticide. She now faces life imprisonment.

more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/15/woman-attem...

Warpy Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-15-11 06:01 PM
Response to Original message
2. This is such total bullshit

It's just a patriarchal DA who's trying to polish his halo and make a big name for himself among the fundamentalist crowd.

This poor gal needs psychotherapy, not some idiot attacking her for seeing no way out but suicide.

tekisui Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-15-11 06:02 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. And it would set a terrifying precedent.

WTF are you talking about? Killing someone is already illegal.

FiveGoodMen Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-15-11 06:02 PM
4. Out-****ing-rageous!   Updated at 5:46 PM

We HAVE to win our country back from the fetus-worshiping, people-hating, totalitarian children of hell ... I mean fundies.

The Magistrate (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-15-11 06:03 PM
5. The Prosecutor, Sir, Badly Needs To Meet A Five Gallon Can Of Gasoline And A Book Of Matches

"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my business to arrange the meeting."

virgogal (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-15-11 06:10 PM
6. Caffeine,nicotine,and alcohol are no-nos while pregnant-----if a baby

died 4 days after birth would a mother who used those products be up on murder charges?

This is total,utter madness.

Apples and oranges. The mother didn't harm the baby from her lifestyle, she killed the baby with rat poison.

RKP5637 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-15-11 06:22 PM
7. Yet another WTF moment! There are several now daily. n/t

Finally a DUmmy I agree with.

Do they not realize that the child was alive for four days outside the womb?

The murder charge is correct.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Is it me, or . . .

The Magistrate (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-15-11 06:03 PM
5. The Prosecutor, Sir, Badly Needs To Meet A Five Gallon Can Of Gasoline And A Book Of Matches

"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my business to arrange the meeting."

Does it seem that the hypocritical judgemental primitive is advocating violence against the prosecutor here? :censored:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
The DUmmies are making a pretty good argument for Ann Coulter's observation that Killer Tiller's unlamented demise was just a 203rd trimester abortion.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
I don't really know what to think of this story. She was trying to kill herself but then again she was pregnant which had to have crosed her mind at some point.

Of course this will be used to support abortion for quite some time.

Is it me, or . . .

Does it seem that the hypocritical judgemental primitive is advocating violence against the prosecutor here? :censored:

Very.

Offline Boudicca

The DUmmies are making a pretty good argument for Ann Coulter's observation that Killer Tiller's unlamented demise was just a 203rd trimester abortion.

Tiller had a whole lot more time on this earth than his unborn victims.  Even Mary Jo Kopechne got more time here.  It still pisses me off royally to remember the vast lamentation on the left for Tiller and Kennedy. :censored:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)