Author Topic: I'm such a pathetic looser that out of 6 billion people- no one would have me  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9664387

Archae Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Apr-11-11 05:50 PM
Original message
Am I the oldest person here who has never married?

I'm 51, did get close to marrying, a couple decades ago.

But we broke it off.

Anyone here older, yet never married?
And are you happy?

I am, mainly due to my two cats.

IcyPeas Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Apr-11-11 06:33 PM
Response to Original message
2. 54 and single here.

I would say I am content. It just never happened for me. Never wanted children so there is no regret there either.

rrneck Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Apr-11-11 07:15 PM
4. 54

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Curmudgeoness Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Apr-11-11 07:51 PM
6. I'm 57 and never married. Also came close a few times

but luckily didn't do it. I did live with a guy once for 4 years, which was enough to tell me I was much better off single.

I am happier than most of the married people who I know. I don't believe that I would be happy married, it is so much better to deal with only my problems instead of mine and his.

Am I pathetic? Or smart? I never can tell.

No question about it. You're not smart. You're a DUmmy.

applegrove Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Apr-11-11 10:52 PM
8. I have always been single and like having so much time to myself. I'd make a horrible spouse. I'd

Edited on Mon Apr-11-11 10:53 PM by applegrove
always be looking for ways to get away on my own.

NV Whino Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Apr-12-11 12:10 AM
10. I'm older than dirt

Never married and happy as a clam. Hmm, let's see if I can come up with any more cliches.

I like living alone. I'd make a terrible spouse. Ever so happy I never had children, too.

Brigid Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Apr-12-11 12:59 AM
14. Almost 53 and never married.

Edited on Tue Apr-12-11 12:59 AM by Brigid
Husbands are too hard to raise. Cats are much easier. :evingrin:

doc03 (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Apr-12-11 01:09 AM
15. I am 63 and happily single, since I have gotten older I do

worry about what will happen to me if I become sick.

You'll die and no one will know it or miss you.

Kat45 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Apr-12-11 01:53 AM
16. I'm 56 and never married, but I'm unhappy about it.

It's not so much marriage that I'm missing as it is falling in love. Though I've had relationships, including living together, I don't think I've ever been truly, deeply in love. I also believe that being in love, having a life partner who you're in love with, is probably the best thing one can experience while living on this planet and I'd like to experience it while I'm still here. From my observations, it also seems to be the quickest route to happiness.

I never really cared about marriage much when I was younger; I figured I'd probably do it "someday." Unfortunately, "someday" has been here for quite a while now. I'm thinking about marriage itself more in recent years because I want to have somebody who I know is there for me, somebody in my corner, when I get old. I have no siblings, have no family, and it scares me to not have a next-of-kin.

(I have a boyfriend currently, but it's more just enjoying doing things together at the present; he doesn't love me or want a future together. Just my luck that when I met someone, this is what I got.)

:lmao: That's the shitz.

Skip Intro Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Apr-12-11 02:03 AM
17. 50 coming soon for me, never married.

I'm fairly happy. Wish I had a few good friends to hang out with, hit a bar now and then, take a road trip, etc. Not sure why I don't have that, but it's ok.

I have one cat, and a changing two or three outside that I feed, but I really like having my inside cat around. She's a character.

I wouldn't trade it, though. I like my freedom too much. I like to be able to come and go as I please without explanation. I like the single lifestyle, even if it gets a bit boring and lonely now and then. Just need to find one or two like-minded souls with a sense of adventure.

No remorse. No regrets.

hifiguy Donating Member (476 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Apr-12-11 09:40 AM
19. 54 now, 55 this September

Edited on Tue Apr-12-11 09:41 AM by hifiguy
Not even a date in my life, much less marriage.

Asperger DX six years ago explained everything

Gidney N Cloyd Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Apr-12-11 10:11 AM
20. 53 and came close several times but one or the other of us was never all in.

It hasn't bothered me much until the last couple years. The world is not made for single people over 35 or so.

mucifer Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Apr-12-11 10:19 AM
21. 45 years old I have friends but have had no serious

significant other type relationships. I'm a hospice nurse and I see people and how they die. My job gives me joy. But, I also know the importance of being married and having kids.
I've seen many people with very little money die at home surrounded by loved ones at the end of their lives. It really is beautiful. There is a certain amount of giving and receiving that married people and their kids have that we don't have and I believe it comes back to bite us at the end of life if we live a long life. I do get depressed about this.

All Y'All people are throwing away what the DUmpster faggots would love to be legally able to do.

Irony.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
And I thought I was a dork for not having sex for over a year after my divorce.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Well, Sparks, better to have tried it and found out for yourself, rather than be so self-absorbed and afraid to commit that you ended up like the crazy cat ladies in that thread.

Me, I'd probably be dead or in jail if I hadn't married.  Decisions take on a whole different dimension when you have to worry about how they're going to affect your kids.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
And here I've been feeling bad about being 26 and un-married. I did have a guy tell me once that he believed that it was God's plan for us to be together, on our first date  :mental:  ::)

Unlike the DUmmies, I think I would make an awesome wife :-) :naughty:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I'm sure you would.  Just choose wisely.   :cheersmate:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
I did have a guy tell me once that he believed that it was God's plan for us to be together, on our first date 
Well, as President Clinton sort of said, "It all depends on what the definition of "together" is."

Offline thundley4

I'm a hospice nurse and I see people and how they die. My job gives me joy.

WTF?   

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
And here I've been feeling bad about being 26 and un-married. I did have a guy tell me once that he believed that it was God's plan for us to be together, on our first date  :mental:  ::)

Don't let the Irish part become too dominate. I'm Irish and was married to two Celtic women (Still married to one). A strong willed warrior mentality to say the least.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline jukin

More proof that my concept of what a DUche is, is correct.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
My moonbat brother is 50, never been married and lives with my dad.  He wants to get married though, so he can have someone to share his bills with. I told him he doesn't want a wife, he wants a roommate. 

Offline Karin

The opening salvo comes from Archae.  I've seen his DUmp pic.  It was memorable.  Ordinarily, their picture threads are a steaming mass of faceless unknowns.  Not in this case.

Yeah, that "my job gives me joy" comment threw me for a loop, too.  Odd choice of words, unless you're Dr. Kevorkian, I guess.  

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Man they're a bunch of pathetic losers!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
WTF?   
:lmao: I thought i was the only one who noticed that!....What a ghoul! :o
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom

My son is your age and is still single. He wants to get married but not yet. He wants to see the world, meet new people and kill them first!  :evillaugh:

If that weren't bad enough, he decided when he was a teenager he was going to wait until he got married to have sex (he and his best friend who joined the Marines with him used to run around saying "sex can wait, masturbate!"). Get's him quite a bit of ribbing. But he says he feels like he would be cheating on the woman God has chosen for him.

I have no idea where this kid came from because he's so very different from the rest of us.

Cindie 
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
meow2u3  (1000+ posts)        Tue Apr-12-11 10:43 AM
25. I'm 50 and never married
 Edited on Tue Apr-12-11 10:49 AM by meow2u3
The last time I had a boyfriend was 18 1/2 years ago, and he was emotionally abusive--a con man who turned out to be a serial wife beater. Thank God I didn't marry him; I would have been his next punching bag. And no one would have believed me, to boot, because he was popular in his occupation.

I learned from the mistake better known as my last ex-boyfriend/live-in not only never to shack up with someone before you marry him (he got the gravy and I got the shaft), but also not to belive any sweet-talker before you get to know him.

Well, I did end up with a car he put in my name, so I packed up my stuff and left for my mom's house back in 1992. I've sworn off American men and have been celibate ever since.

I have my mother-and-son cats, so I'm a little happy. I do miss the human companionship.

My last ex-BF was an attempt to try to get over the loss of the only man I ever really loved, who, sadly, returned to his home country. At least he was honest in that he suggested I needed medical care, which I'm getting right now. He wouldn't date me because he told it to me straight that he couldn't deal with a woman with an untreated psychiatric condition. I got treatment too late.
Curiosity didn't kill the cat--it killed the OWNER!
:o Why does this scream "mole" to me? :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
In other words the man was tired of your tantrums and bitching and got as far away from you as possible. Because if he really loved you, he'd stay with you, help you get the help you need, and then take you with him to his home country if he wanted to go back.

Man they're full of relationship angst today!

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline GOBUCKS

If you're a DUmmy, you are definitely a "looser".

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
OMG! what a sad thread. Does anyone else find it odd that so many leftists haven't been married? it's an ideology that seems to promote misery.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

OMG! what a sad thread. Does anyone else find it odd that so many leftists haven't been married? it's an ideology that seems to promote misery.

Think about leftist attitudes for a moment. It's all about me,me, me.  Marriage requires a great deal of give and take, DUmmies just take.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Does anyone else find it odd that so many leftists haven't been married?

Not at all.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Think about leftist attitudes for a moment. It's all about me,me, me.  Marriage requires a great deal of give and take, DUmmies just take.

Exactly! also people want to be with happy people, they don't want Debbie Downers.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
My son is your age and is still single. He wants to get married but not yet. He wants to see the world, meet new people and kill them first!  :evillaugh:

If that weren't bad enough, he decided when he was a teenager he was going to wait until he got married to have sex (he and his best friend who joined the Marines with him used to run around saying "sex can wait, masturbate!"). Get's him quite a bit of ribbing. But he says he feels like he would be cheating on the woman God has chosen for him.

I have no idea where this kid came from because he's so very different from the rest of us.

Cindie 

Your son sounds like a great guy  :)  I actually made a similar decision in high school, and I'm very happy to hear that there are guys out there who have decided to wait as well.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Interesting....

Husbands are too hard to "raise".  What do/did you plan to do with him if you ever did get married?  Raise a husband?  Train a husband, okay... but raise him?

Their cats should bolt out the door too.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline GOBUCKS

Your son sounds like a great guy  :)  I actually made a similar decision in high school, and I'm very happy to hear that there are guys out there who have decided to wait as well.
stevenumbers is waiting, and waiting. He'd love to get a PM.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
stevenumbers is waiting, and waiting. He'd love to get a PM.

Oh, please don't suggest that for CR!!!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender