Author Topic: Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico  (Read 656 times)

Offline thundley4

Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:42:01 PM »
Avant Guardian (211 posts)           Thu Mar-03-11 10:02 PM
Original message
Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico

Source: CBS News

Federal agent John Dodson says what he was asked to do was beyond belief. He was intentionally letting guns go to Mexico? "Yes ma'am," Dodson told CBS News. "The agency was."

An Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms senior agent assigned to the Phoenix office in 2010, Dodson's job is to stop gun trafficking across the border. Instead, he says he was ordered to sit by and watch it happen.

Investigators call the tactic letting guns "walk." In this case, walking into the hands of criminals who would use them in Mexico and the United States.

Dodson's bosses say that never happened. Now, he's risking his job to go public.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/03/eveningnews/m...

This is sooooo baaaaaaad!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x563633

DURHAM D   (1000+ posts)           Thu Mar-03-11 10:12 PM
Response to Original message
1. I would like to know when this "walking" plan was implemented. nt

Can we blame Bush?

jpak   (1000+ posts)           Thu Mar-03-11 10:13 PM
Response to Original message
2. This is an NRA/GOP smokescreen to prevent the ATF from monitoring Mexican cartel gunrunning

in border states

90% of the guns Mexican authorities have recovered from crime scenes come from US gun/shops shows.

The NRA/GOP voted to prevent the ATF from monitoring multiple gun sales in US border states.

**** the NRA

**** the GOP

yup

DUmmie follows the lefts talking points to the letter.  Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

former9thward   (610 posts)           Thu Mar-03-11 10:27 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. Smokescreen?

One of the ATF guns was used to murder a U.S. boarder agent. I wonder if his family agrees with your 'smokescreen' assessment.

Freeper Troll. You shouldn't care about the oppressors on the border patrol.

jpak   (1000+ posts)           Thu Mar-03-11 10:41 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. Yes, a smokescreen for the thousands of Mexicans that have been killed by US gun shop/show guns

Something the NRA/GOP wants you to forget

yup

Myth.

bossy22 (1000+ posts)           Thu Mar-03-11 10:54 PM
Response to Reply #4
5. or

Edited on Thu Mar-03-11 10:56 PM by bossy22
maybe it was an agency fudging their numbers in order to justify their budget. Wouldnt be the first time something like this happens. When they try to cut police officers- some how there is always a rash of drug crimes.

an ATF agent is coming out and saying this- not the NRA/GOP

and this wouldnt be surprising coming from ATF. ATF over the last 10 years has been a quagmire of an agency- no real mission and considerably underfunded as well (due to their lack of a true mission). Why would it surprise you that they may be inflating these statistics in order to justify their existence

one-eyed fat man (1000+ posts)             Sat Mar-05-11 07:10 AM
Response to Reply #4
39. Here's another ATF smoke screen

Insert picture of Branch Davidian compound burning.

That started out as a big media event. Busloads of agents on a "top secret" raid accompanied by TV camera crews. Timed with another budget fight in Congress.

The ATF agents responsible over that were "fired" and quietly brought back two years later and promoted. Guess where they are now?

bossy22 (1000+ posts)           Thu Mar-03-11 10:58 PM
Response to Reply #2
7. btw that 90% stastic is a myth

its 90% of those guns that were submitted for tracing

http://www.factcheck.org/politics/counting_mexicos_guns...

im waiting for you to explain to me how factcheck is some GOP/NRA shadow organization

:snap:

jpak   (1000+ posts)           Fri Mar-04-11 07:19 AM
Response to Reply #7
18. President Obama was the source of this "myth" - It is the GOP/NRA that lies

yup
:thatsright:

Ken_Fish (433 posts)           Fri Mar-04-11 10:13 AM
Response to Reply #18
20. Dude, its a flat lie. Some idiot on his staff wrote it up and did not check it..

and when it was published the media checked it and found it to be inaccurate. By continuing to post this you are not being truthful.

it has been shown by multiple sources that have been posted to your comments to be false.

Why continue to spread misinformation?

That lie fits the anti-gun agenda of the left.

MyrnaLoy (152 posts)           Thu Mar-03-11 11:01 PM
Response to Reply #2
8. it's actually a diversion

whether or not the ATF let the guns go or not we NOW KNOW FOR CERTAIN that guns from America kill people in Mexico. The NRA people want to focus on what the ATF did but that's not the important part. The part to focus on is AMERICAN GUNS ARE KILLING PEOPLE IN MEXICO. Don't let them change that truth.

Fake but accurate.   :mental:  BTW DUmmie. What we now know is that an ATF policy was directly responsible for American deaths.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
Re: Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:22:33 PM »
I can think of a couple of scenarios where we might let guns through to Mexico. It's the Big Out Of Control Gubbamint you DUmmies love so much in action. If anyones to blame it's you morons.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:30:47 AM »
The BATFE has bee nout of control for many years. It like alot of other agencies need to go and their mission with changes, given to the FBI or Secret Service.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:54:18 AM »
The BATFE has bee nout of control for many years. It like alot of other agencies need to go and their mission with changes, given to the FBI or Secret Service.
The BATFE should be a chain of convenience stores not a federal government agency.  :-)
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
The BATFE should be a chain of convenience stores not a federal government agency.  :-)

Abso****ingloutely! +10,000

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 12:53:19 PM »

H5!  I have a co-worker who is willing to fellate any government LEO agency because "they might be the one to detect something".  I keep asking him how exactly a bunch Bastards, Assholes, Thugs, Fairies, and Executioners have the intelligence to detect anything.  At least he voetes Republican.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken