Author Topic: Greenbriar is a music virtuoso- got tired of blowing so she became a teacher  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x536257

demtenjeep Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Mar-01-11 06:37 PM
Original message
When I was in Kindergarten they asked us to draw what we wanted to be. I drew a teacher

I am excellent in music. I play Piano, Sax, Clarinet. I was born a natural Alto. I received the John Phillips Sousa award my Sr Year

I had scholarships to go to several colleges. I was always going to be a teacher...a music teacher...

Plans change, I fell in Love got married and had a child so college wasn't as important as feeding my family. Hubby and I both took a series of different jobs that were going to go no where so we could continue to live in our small town and raise our child.

At work one time as night manager of the local pizza joint, I shattered a bone in my foot and eventually had to have 4 surgeries on it. We both realized that we needed security and something that would let us retire. WE both went back to school.

I did the teacher trac always intending to be a Choir teacher but then took a History class and fell in love not with dates and vocab (my total experience in HS and MS) but with the feelings and emotions behind each and every story. So I switched my focus to the Social Sciences and finished my degree with status of Magna Cume Laude.

I have been teaching for 15 years and have loved every minute of it. I want to inspire others to see beyond, reach beyond and I hold my students to high expectations.

I don't teach for money but I do have bills the same as every one else. I don't have a fancy new house...infact, I have a plumbing leak that is threatening to become a major remodel but at the moment we can't afford to fix. I don't drive a brand new hummer I have a 2005 Jeep LIberty that will be finally paid off in a few months.

Teaching is something inside of the really great ones ... we wouldn't do anything else. BUT we need to have a (gasp) life as well...

That is all we are asking

How's the radiation treatment coming along for your cancer?

demtenjeep Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Mar-01-11 06:40 PM
Response to Original message
1. Our rewards?

Letters and hugs from former students when we least expect it.

Students suddenly have that " lightbulb" moment and you see it in their face

Reply no 1. She bumped her own thread.

demtenjeep Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Mar-01-11 06:49 PM
7. one such reward tonight from a former student

Dear Mrs. XXXXX,
I Love you and I Miss You! & your Yummy Spaghetti(:
Sincerely
-XXXXX♥

I used to bring food to my kiddos once in a while just becuase.

Once during a KS history unit, I brought "Buffalo Chips" for the students to eat...they were really no bake cookies but we had been talking about gathering chips to use as firewood so I thought it would be fun.

There are hundreds of ways to reach students and each one is a pleasure but when you get these messages back from kids you had 2,3 even 10 years ago...well that is what gives us the warm fuzzy.

Another bump with bullshit. What's the matter Pam. Won't nobody play with you?

demtenjeep Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Mar-01-11 07:00 PM
8. the downfalls?

apathy

NCLB

I teach in a HIGHLY diverse school with a 95% low SES rate.

We made AYP 4 years ago but then had a change in administration and continually our scores went down as the expectation cut scores rose.

Now, all of us in that building are re-interviewing for our positions if we want to stay at that particular school even tho it seems that this year we are kicking ass on or testing. Seems that our reading scores not only made AYP but we have exceeded it by 15%

but it is too late for we teachers that helped those students exceed this year...

And another one. Mrs Dawson, Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
I kind of wondered how long it would take for Pam to show her solidarity for the teachers of Wisconsin. 

And she bumps her own threads?  Oh no, she's not desperate for attention. 

:loser:

Offline ChuckJ

She lost DOTY in 2010, and it looks like nadin is making an early rush for the lead for 2011 so I guess she's decided to try to make a race of it.

Magna Cume Laude? I always thought it was Magna Cum Laude?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:54:45 PM by ChuckJ »
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I received the John Phillips Sousa award my Sr Year

This one time, at band camp...
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Boudicca

Re: Greenbriar is a music virtuoso- got tired of blowing so she became a teacher

So it IS true, those who CAN'T, TEACH.

Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline true_blood

Wow. Seems like demtenjeep is high and mighty on themselves for being a teacher. Talk about tooting your own horn. :tongue:

Offline Tucker

Wow. Seems like demtenjeep is high and mighty on themselves for being a teacher. Talk about tooting your own horn. :tongue:

Now there is the understatement of the year.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
ACK!  I have my "life plan" from 2nd grade, and I wrote that I wanted to be a teacher, and I play Piano, Sax, and Clarinet.  At least I'm a soprano, not an alto, so we aren't completely alike  :tongue:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Brief scare there, Rose? :p

Lil' Pammy Dawson hasn't shown herself in a while. Keep posting, please. I need the laughs.

(And everytime I think of "Pam Dawson" I think of "Mr. Deeds.")

:lmao:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Traveshamockery

She lost DOTY in 2010, and it looks like nadin is making an early rush for the lead for 2011 so I guess she's decided to try to make a race of it.

It's scary that someone with such poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation use is teaching, isn't it? 

Offline true_blood

It's scary that someone with such poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation use is teaching, isn't it? 
Great point. It is scary.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all

Even worse is the absolute absence of honesty. Coach says DUmmies lie all the time; in Pam's case it's nearly every single word.

But she must be a geat teacher. She posted once that a black girl in her class dreamed of being her slave. That was before her near-death experience at the laundry  mat.

From photos she's posted, it appears likely that there's a genetic component to her strangeness.

Offline thundley4

infact, I have a plumbing leak that is threatening to become a major remodel but at the moment we can't afford to fix.

Most leaks can be fixed relatively cheaply if you can DIY.

Offline Alpha Mare

It's MJ's fault!

life, mortality and age...wow

today with the death of Farrah Faucet and Michael Jackson makes me feel closer to my own death.

These are the icons we grew up with

Wow

just

Wow
lol Dnt worrty atleast Youll Die Loved!! :) i mean nt that they werent loved........well i mean...........................Dnt worry I bet Youll Live Longer :p
http://www.myspace.com/pamelarosesdawson/blog

e.deviantart.net/emoticons/l/laughing.gif

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!

Shhhhh..DON'T YOU EVER stand between a DUmmy and their self-aggrandizing statement of social importance. Imagined or otherwise....
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Ya, this is the first.
I've too much fun laughing at the "primatives", that I can no longer hold back.
Found you folks a month ago, you can thank DUmmie FUnnies for that.
Never thought I'd sign up about some fruit-cake tooting her own horn.

BTW,...DATanker, I know you. :cheersmate:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline thundley4

Shhhhh..DON'T YOU EVER stand between a DUmmy and their self-aggrandizing statement of social importance. Imagined or otherwise....

Magna Cum loudly?

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Pam was Fi Bayda Cappa. Rilly.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
This one time, at band camp...

Big ****in' deal! I and about five other kids got one durin' my high school years, and I played the damn Baritone! Miniature tuba for those who never heard of one. We used the same music as the trombone players. It sounded pretty much the same, too. We just didn't have to slide the ****er to make noise.

This is supposed to be some kind of outstanding achievement? They pretty much hand those out to all the first chairs if you hold them long enough!

What worries me is, it still became a teacher, and is fillin' skulls full of mush with her liberal vomit! They're oughta be a law!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Tucker

Magna Cum loudly?

:hammer: Just remember that she has a pink Charter Arms- Undercover.

She bus a cap in yo azz.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I don't teach for money but I do have bills the same as every one else. I don't have a fancy new house...infact, I have a plumbing leak that is threatening to become a major remodel but at the moment we can't afford to fix. I don't drive a brand new hummer I have a 2005 Jeep LIberty that will be finally paid off in a few months.

Oh ffs what kind of plumbing leak does a person not fix in their house and all this after bragging to no end about going on cruises and other extravagant stuff.

Just one more case proving beyond a doubt that once you separate moles from the membership of skins island all that is left are lunatics. 

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Big ****in' deal! I and about five other kids got one durin' my high school years, and I played the damn Baritone! Miniature tuba for those who never heard of one. We used the same music as the trombone players. It sounded pretty much the same, too. We just didn't have to slide the ****er to make noise.

This is supposed to be some kind of outstanding achievement? They pretty much hand those out to all the first chairs if you hold them long enough!

What worries me is, it still became a teacher, and is fillin' skulls full of mush with her liberal vomit! They're oughta be a law!

Baritone- for those too stupid to learn slide positions....... :fuelfire:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Damn Pammy you have made me feel so inadequate. I mean if I had only decided to be a teacher rather than a nurse. I could have really helped people then. Hell I only have one Coach purse.  Oh wait. :thatsright: I save lives at my job and my Coach purse is real.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Traveshamockery

Ya, this is the first.
I've too much fun laughing at the "primatives", that I can no longer hold back.
Found you folks a month ago, you can thank DUmmie FUnnies for that.
Never thought I'd sign up about some fruit-cake tooting her own horn.

BTW,...DATanker, I know you. :cheersmate:

Welcome!  You will laugh. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Magna Cum loudly?

Only if she has new batteries . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.