Author Topic: Army Illegally Deployed Psy-Ops on Senators to Increase Funding and Troops  (Read 384 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x497221

TalkingDog (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Feb-24-11 09:31 AM
Original message
Army Illegally Deployed Psy-Ops on Senators to Increase Funding and Troops   Updated at 9:31 AM

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/another-runaw...

The U.S. Army illegally ordered a team of soldiers specializing in "psychological operations" to manipulate visiting American senators into providing more troops and funding for the war, Rolling Stone has learned – and when an officer tried to stop the operation, he was railroaded by military investigators.

The orders came from the command of Lt. Gen. William Caldwell, a three-star general in charge of training Afghan troops – the linchpin of U.S. strategy in the war. Over a four-month period last year, a military cell devoted to what is known as "information operations" at Camp Eggers in Kabul was repeatedly pressured to target visiting senators and other VIPs who met with Caldwell. When the unit resisted the order, arguing that it violated U.S. laws prohibiting the use of propaganda against American citizens, it was subjected to a campaign of retaliation.

"My job in psy-ops is to play with people’s heads, to get the enemy to behave the way we want them to behave," says Lt. Colonel Michael Holmes, the leader of the IO unit, who received an official reprimand after bucking orders. "I’m prohibited from doing that to our own people. When you ask me to try to use these skills on senators and congressman, you’re crossing a line."

I left his title as posted. It's too precious to change.

randr Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Thu Feb-24-11 09:41 AM
Response to Original message
3. Can we assume the Army used psy-ops on Obama?

:lmao:

glinda Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Thu Feb-24-11 10:26 AM
Response to Reply #3
10. I have been concerned about this for a long time. Drugging also.

You mean the drug you use?

dixiegrrrrl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Feb-24-11 09:51 AM
4. Doesn't this make Fox illegal? laws prohibiting the use of propaganda against American citizens?

I have forced myself to sit thru a couple of Becks's blatherings and he is pure propaganda.

The article does point out how heavily invested the MIC is, tho , doesn't it?

FOX. The number 1 rated cable news station.

no_hypocrisy Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Feb-24-11 09:56 AM
6. What does Al Franken have to say about this?

It doesn't work on the brainless.

Gold Metal Flake Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Feb-24-11 10:42 AM
12. I wonder if the methods include creating "compromising situations" & blackmail.

Oops. The Senator has been affected by some mind-altering substance introduced unknown to him/her. Oops, the Senator has been subsequently photographed in the nude with some underaged prostitute(s). Fortunately, the Senator, once recovered and presented with the photographic/hi-def video evidence of the unfortunate incident, has proven to be a friend of the Army back in Washington so as long as that is maintained the Senator's privacy shall be maintained.

That was clinton's style. That and sicking the IRS on his enemies.

Nothing like a conspiracy in the morning.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: Army Illegally Deployed Psy-Ops on Senators to Increase Funding and Troops
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:43:11 PM »
dixiegrrrrl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Feb-24-11 09:51 AM
4. Doesn't this make Fox illegal? laws prohibiting the use of propaganda against American citizens?

I have forced myself to sit thru a couple of Becks's blatherings and he is pure propaganda.

The article does point out how heavily invested the MIC is, tho , doesn't it?

Is that so, DUmbass? And what do you have to say about him asking his audience to never take his word for anything, look it up?

If it's propaganda, care to list it? Care to clue us in on all his lies? Funny, I see you asshats make this claim at least a dozen times a week, yet have never seen one iota of evidence! Why is that, shit for brains?

I may have to smoke a mole! Now where the hell did I leave my laptop?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 01:17:14 PM »
Is that so, DUmbass? And what do you have to say about him asking his audience to never take his word for anything, look it up?

If it's propaganda, care to list it? Care to clue us in on all his lies? Funny, I see you asshats make this claim at least a dozen times a week, yet have never seen one iota of evidence! Why is that, shit for brains?

I may have to smoke a mole! Now where the hell did I leave my laptop?

You might just say you've never watched it and have no intention of doing so but you'd really love to know what propaganda has been served to those knuckle dragging, Jezuz lovin' right wingers.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
TalkingDog (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Feb-24-11 09:31 AM
Original message
Army Illegally Deployed Psy-Ops on Senators to Increase Funding and Troops

Sure they did, bunkie, sure they did.

:mental:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.