Author Topic: democrat party cries after democrats switch to Republican Party  (Read 621 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
This was from last Tues., but saw no mention of it.

democrat hypocrisy on display.

FBaggins (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Feb-01-11 05:53 PM
Original message
Democratic Party Issues Statement After Elected Officials Switch Parties

The Alabama Democratic Party Tuesday lambasted nine elected Democratic officials in Covington and Tuscaloosa counties for ignoring the will of the voters by switching to the Republican Party.

It is the personal prerogative of local elected officials to join any political party they wish. Yet the crucial question in yesterday's party switches in Tuscaloosa and Covington counties is whether the voters of these counties have been fairly treated. For each office on the ballot in these nine cases, the voters chose Democrats to serve the interests of their families and communities, not Republicans.

Newly-elected Alabama Democratic Party Chairman Mark Kennedy said, “These new Republicans won their seats with significant help and sacrifice from local Democrats, and Alabama Democrats will provide significant help and sacrifice to the nominees we will field in each of these nine future elections."

These party switchers have subverted the will of the voters. These were not acts of integrity as some claim, but selfish acts of self-interest. Three of these newly-minted Republicans were just re-elected as Democrats just three months ago, and if they were interested in serving the people they would have resigned their offices and stood for election as Republicans. Giving voters a choice rather than forcing them to be represented by members of a party whose nominees they have continually rejected would have been the honorable thing to do.

http://www.wncftv.com/localnews/Democratic-Party-Issues...

You may not believe this, but some people vote for the man and not the party. I'm not one of em, but some people do.

msongs Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Feb-01-11 06:23 PM
Response to Original message
2. dudes it's called being bipartisan, recommended by the dems highest leaders dont you know? nt

Yup!

Proud Liberal Dem Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Feb-01-11 06:25 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. I don't think President Obama (I assume that's who you're referring to)   Updated at 7:00 AM

endorses party-switching (which is hardly considered "bipartisanship")- unless we all missed something?

Didn't the democrat party try and get Snowe to flip?

Smashcut Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Feb-01-11 07:32 PM
Response to Reply #3
6. Must be why he contined to support Lieberman.

And Arlen Specter.

Proud Liberal Dem Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Feb-01-11 09:06 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. They became (or caucused) with the Democratic Majority   Updated at 7:00 AM

Those were IMHO pretty unique circumstances. I don't think that he wants to see Democrats jump ship and become Republicans though.

Well no shit. Only Republicans switching to democrats.

Jennicut Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Feb-03-11 02:22 PM
Response to Reply #5
15. I would dare to say that many of those former Dems are probably

more conservative then the Repubs in Connecticut, where I live.

The switchers are from the SE. That holds true for the most part.

Imajika (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Feb-01-11 08:57 PM
7. The last of the southern Democrats are fading away...

Democrats were losing the south for quite awhile but had managed to hold on to many of the state legislative seats. The past election cycle was a wipe out on a massive scale. We lost hundreds of state legislative seats and Democrats have been switching to the Republican party since. I think we are now well over 700 state legislative seats lost including the 2010 elections and subsequent party switchers.

The House and Senate losses were bad, but the crushing defeat on the state legislative level is where the real disaster was.

:tongue:

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Karin

Re: democrat party cries after democrats switch to Republican Party
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
I think we are now well over 700 state legislative seats lost including the 2010 elections and subsequent party switchers.
  This was astounding, and under-reported as well.  When even the godforsaken New York state senate goes Republican, that says something.  NO MORE MOONBATS!  ANYBODY BUT A DEMOCRAT! 

During our founders days parade last summer, a dude was passing out candidate flyers.  He thrust one at me, but before taking it, I asked him, "which party?"  He said "Republican."  "Oh, OK, fine."  He laughed. 

Offline Tucker

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:45:18 AM »
Can you say census and redistricting?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »
Imajika (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Feb-01-11 08:57 PM
7. The last of the southern Democrats are fading away...

Democrats were losing the south for quite awhile but had managed to hold on to many of the state legislative seats...

"You bunch of ill-educated, Bible-thumping, sister-poking, hate-mongering, racist, sexist, dirty water drinking, over-feeding, over-breeding, illiterate, knuckle-dragging morons!

"WHY WON'T YOU VOTE FOR US!!!

"I just don't understand."
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Tucker

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 10:03:10 AM »
"You bunch of ill-educated, Bible-thumping, sister-poking, hate-mongering, racist, sexist, dirty water drinking, over-feeding, over-breeding, illiterate, knuckle-dragging morons!

"WHY WON'T YOU VOTE FOR US!!!

"I just don't understand."

Ain't it the truth.

H5

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 10:23:02 AM »
As much as party-switchers can sometimes be valuable in the short-term, I can't help but think that they'll be RINOs.

(Now, when our actual RINOs switch to the Dems, well, then they're good little Dem goosesteppers...but the other direction?...they'll never be conservatives, anyway, that's for sure.)

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 10:31:26 AM »
Like free speech for the liberal communist, switching parties is a one way street.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 12:45:14 PM »
I think I read the number was closer to 800, DUmmies! Sucks to be you, don't it?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!