Author Topic: jooooooooooooooooooooos! The Egyptian prtests edition  (Read 506 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
jooooooooooooooooooooos! The Egyptian prtests edition
« on: February 03, 2011, 01:24:51 PM »
Leithan (107 posts)      Thu Feb-03-11 02:13 AM
Original message
The Mubarak and Netanyahu regimes are paying the "pro-government" thugs in Egypt
 Our foreign aid tax money at work. Yay.

Who left the door open and let the ronulan in?

To their credit most of the DUmbasses (north of 80%) are either skeptical or outright perturbed at the suggestion.

Except for the usual suspects:

mmonk  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-03-11 04:37 PM
Response to Reply #13
20. Regardless as to the validity or invalidity of the comment,
 in foreign policy, the resources are more infinite with 300 million US tax payers.

Fake but accurate.

Skidmore  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-03-11 05:29 PM
Response to Reply #10
50. I don't.
 During the Iranian revolution in 76, Israel was in the thick of it, sending supplies and weaponry. I don't doubt it at all. The nation has a vested interest in maintaining the status quo since it absolves them from doing anything close to making peace in the region.

Israel propped up the Ayotollah by overthrowing a fellow US ally?

How does that even make sense?

Cleita  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-03-11 03:42 AM
Response to Original message
16. After Mubarak goes, something needs to be done
 about Netanyahu too. He's nothing more than another thug that keeps the Middle East in turmoil.

No mention of Hezbollah, Hamas or their cohorts, The Muslim Brotherhood.

Cleita  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-03-11 06:31 PM
Response to Reply #96
102. Oh, it's obvious?
 How about your bias in ignoring that there is evidence going back thirty or more years? Anyone who knows the history of the area knows that not having a puppet of our choosing in charge of Egypt and most notably the Suez Canal makes our military/industrial complex very nervous. Also, I ran across this little vignette on a blog. Israel gets forty percent of it's natural gas from Egypt. Imagine what an upset a government not to the liking of the USA and Israel could cause.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x335156
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: jooooooooooooooooooooos! The Egyptian prtests edition
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:32:28 PM »
Anyone who knows the history of the area knows that not having a puppet of our choosing in charge of Egypt and most notably the Suez Canal makes our military/industrial complex very nervous.

You DUmmies that have complained about higher food and energy costs should be  very nervous also. Between the Suez Canal and the Strait of Hormuz, the radical Muslims could shut down much of the oil to the US.  With them working in collusion with Obama shutting down US oil production, we're all screwed.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 01:33:01 PM »
Skidmore  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-03-11 05:29 PM
Response to Reply #10
50. I don't.
 During the Iranian revolution in 76, Israel was in the thick of it, sending supplies and weaponry. I don't doubt it at all. The nation has a vested interest in maintaining the status quo since it absolves them from doing anything close to making peace in the region.

I think the DUmbshit was insinuating that the Israelis were propping up the Shah, not the Ayotollah; but then in DUmbass logic,
1 + 1 = POTATO, so I could be completely off my nut here. :confused:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »
Skidmore  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-03-11 05:29 PM
Response to Reply #10
50. I don't.

Those damn Israelis! Always looking to arm their enemies!

This post needs to be added in the "Posts that stand alone" thread.

I think the DUmbshit was insinuating that the Israelis were propping up the Shah, not the Ayotollah; but then in DUmbass logic,
1 + 1 = POTATO, so I could be completely off my nut here. :confused:

Could be.

At DU, though, "Peace = the Israelis allowing themselves to be exterminated by the foot-soldiers of Allah". So, there's that angle, too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:38:25 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »
You DUmmies that have complained about higher food and energy costs should be  very nervous also. Between the Suez Canal and the Strait of Hormuz, the radical Muslims could shut down much of the oil to the US.  With them working in collusion with Obama shutting down US oil production, we're all screwed.

Which is exactly what lord Zero would like to see happen!!!!!!!!! The guy's a stinkin' traitor to the American middle class! The economics of Mexico would be just fine with this guy! The ruling elite controlling the peasants!

He has said more than once he intended to cause energy prices to "skyrocket"!!!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
cbayer   (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-03-11 04:30 PM
Response to Original message
75. Locking
 This post is divisive and derailing, as well as being insensitive and offensive to many of our members.

cbayer
DU Moderator

Locked!
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi