Author Topic: Proud2B's uncle, a bannished catholic priest and total moonbat, expires  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x332753

proud2BlibKansan Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-02-11 04:17 PM
Original message
My uncle, a great Democrat from the greatest generation, died yesterday. He was 80.

Edited on Wed Feb-02-11 04:18 PM by proud2BlibKansan
He was a Catholic priest. And the most liberal person I have ever known. He helped write Head Start law and was active in implementing early Head Start programs here in Kansas back in the 60s.

There was never a Thanksgiving dinner during my childhood when he didn’t come walking in with a guest. Sometimes it was another priest and sometimes one of his parishioners with nowhere to go on Thanksgiving. He said the holiday was meant to be shared. And he never called my grandmother to tell her he was bringing a guest. She just always set an extra place, knowing he would invite someone.

He was the first member of that generation I knew who admitted the Vietnam War was wrong. My dad was the second, after a Thanksgiving afternoon spent discussing The Pentagon Papers with my uncle. When my sister and I joined the local anti-war movement, my uncle congratulated us at a family mass.

In the 1960s, he grew his hair long - a radical move for a priest in the midwest. He began referring to God as “She” when he said mass. He was assigned to a rural parish where he set up a community garden and gave away everything he grew. He also raised chickens and kept honey bees.

In the 1970s, his bishop transferred him to a new parish and my uncle’s parishioners went nuts. They demanded he be allowed to stay. When the bishop refused, my uncle quit(Excommunicated) the diocese and moved to the Maryland shore, where he lived in a house with no electricity or running water. He got together with other exiled priests and formed an organization called Priests for Equality. Their goal was to convince the Catholic Church to ordain women. They also promoted the ERA, equal rights for homosexuals and the removal of the US from Central America. I believe PFE still regularly attends School of American protests every November in Georgia.

PFE also rewrote the New Testament using inclusive language. http://www.amazon.com/Inclusive-New-Testament-Priests-E...

About 5 years ago, my cousins went to visit my uncle and found him in such poor health they brought him home. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers and has been in a nursing home since. One of the last conversations I had with him was about the war on Iraq and how wrong it was.

We’ve lost a great American.

Personally, I don't believe a word of it. Anne is an attention seeking liar.

w8liftinglady Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-02-11 04:19 PM
Response to Original message
2. your uncle can only be described as a "True Christian"

I can see where you've gotten your kindness and committment.
blessings to you.

Give me a ****in break. Where's the puke emoticon?

Phentex Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-02-11 04:21 PM
5. Sorry for your loss...

sounds like an interesting person!

Referring to God as "she" !

I'm sure Miss Pritchett added this part on her own.

Not Me Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-02-11 04:45 PM
9. I mourn your loss

The Catholic Church needs many more like him to guide them back to the path that they have strayed away from.

I'm not sure what they need but I am sure it's not anything you can come up with.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Proud2B's uncle, a bannished catholic priest and total moonbat, expires
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »
If you read between the lines, you conclude that, in the very unlikely event this guy ever existed, he was a militant queer who was defrocked for molesting little boys. DUmped by the church, he lived out the remainder of his life as a homo hobo.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 05:08:55 PM »
If you read between the lines, you conclude that, in the very unlikely event this guy ever existed, he was a militant queer who was defrocked for molesting little boys. DUmped by the church, he lived out the remainder of his life as a homo hobo.

I think your assessment is dead on. I wanted to say the same about the pedophile likelihood but everything else is what I believe to be true.

I've come to the conclusion the Miss Pritchett is one of the biggest liars on DU, if not our oil and coal producing planet.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »

Personally, I don't believe a word of it. Anne is an attention seeking liar.

I'm sure Miss Pritchett added this part on her own.

Of course.

The top primitive of 2010's a great liar; she makes up details to have the story conform with what she thinks should have happened, rather than what really happened.

She's great at this; trust me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline true_blood

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:25:12 PM »
Phentex Donating Member (1000+ posts)   Wed Feb-02-11 04:21 PM
5. Sorry for your loss...sounds like an interesting person!
Referring to God as "she" !
:rotf: ::)

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 07:43:47 PM »
Not Me Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-02-11 04:45 PM
9. I mourn your loss

The Catholic Church needs many more like him to guide them back to the path that they have strayed away from.

:rotf: :lmao:

Okay, seriously. First of all, Anne is lying through her teeth, as the man who founded Priests for Equality died back in July.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/obituaries/articles/2010/07/15/the_rev_william_callahan_fought_for_women_priests/

Second, if she had an uncle who was involved in this organization, he deserved to be excommunicated. Priests are not allowed to speak against the Church's teachings. Women priests, the ERA, liberation theology, equality for teh gheys? Then again, what do I expect from a Jesuit?

Offline CC27

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »
About 5 years ago, my cousins went to visit my uncle and found him in such poor health they brought him home. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers and has been in a nursing home since. One of the last conversations I had with him was about the war on Iraq and how wrong it was.

When did this conversation take place? Who has a chat with an alzheimers patient about how wrong the Iraq was? What lying POS.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 07:57:34 PM »
When did this conversation take place? Who has a chat with an alzheimers patient about how wrong the Iraq was? What lying POS.
It's as honestly reported as DUmmy nadinbrzhzczxcszcski's conversation with the Egyptian and the Glenny at Starbucks. Hey, that sounds like the start of a good story! "So, a DUmmy, an Egyptian, and a Glenny walk into a Starbucks. The barrista says......"

Offline CC27

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 07:58:28 PM »
It's as honestly reported as DUmmy nadinbrzhzczxcszcski's conversation with the Egyptian and the Glenny at Starbucks. Hey, that sounds like the start of a good story! "So, a DUmmy, an Egyptian, and a Glenny walk into a Starbucks. The barrista says......"

What, no bobo?  :rotf:

Offline Tucker

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 08:09:07 PM »
What, no bobo?  :rotf:

In a Strabucks? She goes to MickyD's where the internet is free.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 08:13:23 PM »

I recall one time the Die alte Sau wrote about an aunt who was a nun, who advocated birth control and marriage.....for nuns.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline CC27

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »
I recall one time the Die alte Sau wrote about an aunt who was a nun, who advocated birth control and marriage.....for nuns.

An piece of the liar puzzle.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 09:13:52 PM »
Let's summarize, shall we:

"My uncle was a long haired, dope smoking, commune living, slacker hippie that bathed once a year."

The end
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »
...in a Buick...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »
A school teacher and a priest.

Throw in a Planned Parenthood clinic director and that family has the whole pedo-spectrum covered.

(My apologies to our Catholic members)
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »

That's my take, especially with the, "he always brought a "guest" or another priest", shit! That and the church wanted to move him to another parish. That's exactly what they did for years before they got busted!

Sounds queer as a three dollar bill to me!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »
Yeah, I'm with GOBUCKS on this one, I think he nailed it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »
The bitch almost had me fooled.

Ok, I lied, she never fooled me.
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 02:38:07 PM »
IF any of this were true, the part about the uncle living on the Maryland shore from the 70s until five years ago (before the real estate crash), the guy could have ended up pretty wealthy since that area is now prime real estate with lots of gated communites and beach front properties.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »
IF any of this were true, the part about the uncle living on the Maryland shore from the 70s until five years ago (before the real estate crash), the guy could have ended up pretty wealthy since that area is now prime real estate with lots of gated communites and beach front properties.

I don't believe that a priest is allowed to own any real property. Vow of poverty and all that.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »
From her story, if the guy existed, he was a homo bum, unlikely to own anything.

Offline micmac

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 06:00:25 PM »
He was a defrocked fag.  Of course, he never really existed except in her small brain.