Author Topic: Third Grade Reading  (Read 1321 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Third Grade Reading
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
kentuck  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-06-11 11:28 AM
Original message
Its sounds like a third grade reading class.
 Edited on Thu Jan-06-11 11:31 AM by kentuck
Many of them have no idea what they are reading. They are just reading words. They have no meaning. It's embarrassing.

Reading the Constitution? I would have thought every one of them would have done that before they ran for Congress? 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x125883

They know not what they type.   :thatsright:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Third Grade Reading
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:39:18 AM »
Perhaps the illustrious kentuck to cite article/amendment that contains a "right to privacy" or sodomy or madrassas at the expense of creches.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:47:25 AM »
WTF?  Did I just read what I think I read?  Can someone tell me this is what I just read????

mstinamotorcity  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-06-11 11:47 AM
Response to Original message
10. Stall from
 Governing. Confusing their base with nonsense. They are the only one who believes that shit.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x125718

Different thread, same topic. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Online jukin

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 11:00:01 AM »
If a communist democrat reads The Constitution aloud do they spontaneously combust?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »
If a communist democrat reads The Constitution aloud do they spontaneously combust?

One would hope.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 11:04:51 AM »
Nope, damnit.

I watched Nazi Peelousey readher part at the beginning. While she did choke on the words she didn't combust.

Offline Varokhâr

• Tea Party hearty, dude!
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 11:16:54 AM »
Leave it to Democrats to always show that they are more "red" than the Republicans are.

Deist. Libertarian. Patriot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline true_blood

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »
kentuck  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-06-11 11:28 AM
Original message
Its sounds like a third grade reading class.
Edited on Thu Jan-06-11 11:31 AM by kentuck
Many of them have no idea what they are reading. They are just reading words. They have no meaning. It's embarrassing.
Reading the Constitution? I would have thought every one of them would have done that before they ran for Congress?
This is what the DUmmies/liberals think of the Constitution. Typical un-Americans.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 12:43:19 PM »
Nope, damnit.

I watched Nazi Peelousey readher part at the beginning. While she did choke on the words she didn't combust.

Doesn't surprise me that the "Putrid*****" choked reading the peoples text! After all, she knows what's best for us!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 12:50:17 PM »
The DUmmies seem to have perked up considerably now that they have a new "Skinner-approved" object of their hate (Boehner and GOP majority House).  DUmmies love new shiny objects . . .  :whatever:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »
Well, this was another thread, but "undergroundpanther" had her (???) own theory as to why the GOP thinks the US Constitution consisits of a bunch of words words":

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-06-11 01:39 PM
Original message
The Consitution is all a bunch of words to them
 To the repugs it's just like they're reading a grocery list..But..Why?

Hare conducted a case study involving a man named Al who had 46 criminal convictions. This study appeared as a PBS documentary in 2007. The experiment used a language test that involved a listening device. The study sought to determine whether abnormalities in brain processing are present in individuals with antisocial personality disorder. Results from the experiment revealed language to be processed in both of Al's brain hemispheres, as opposed to the left-brain processing inherent in individuals who don't have this condition. A second experiment with Al sought to explain the robotic emotional expression that appear in individuals with sociopathic characteristics. Emotional response recording showed no change in response when Al was shown emotional words versus being shown neutral words. Hare associates the sociopath's apparent lack of fear with his tendency toward insensitivity, as well as with an inability to learn from experience.

Read more: Sociopathic Experiments | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5494821_sociopathic-experimen...

::)

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 02:57:37 PM »
And there is more...

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-06-11 03:18 PM
Original message
Seriously is anyone listening to this
 undiluted crap in the House of Representatives - dissing the Federal government. These ****ers don't know crap about American history and business and the federal government.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x127320

:mental:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 02:57:44 PM »
Xenotime (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-06-11 11:49 AM

25. This fixation on the constitution is sickening.
 They worship the ****ing thing like it has magical powers or something

kentuck  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-06-11 11:21 AM

9. And it's costing $1,000,000 to the taxpayers of America... 
 Maybe someone will make that point on the floor?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x125794

Hey Xeno
 :bird:

Hey kentuck .... how much did Michelle's trip to Spain cost?  How about her wanting to get out early for the Christmas vacation?  How much did it cost the tax payers for the O'bama's to go to New York for an evening out? 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 02:59:07 PM »
Well, this was another thread, but "undergroundpanther" had her (???) own theory as to why the GOP thinks the US Constitution consisits of a bunch of words words":

::)

Well, if anyone should know crazy, it's the panther.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 03:02:28 PM »
And dummies are waiting to hear the words:  "From each according to his worth, to each according to his need"  followed by a flourish of:

They must be so dissapointed.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »
WTF?  Did I just read what I think I read?  Can someone tell me this is what I just read????

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x125718

Different thread, same topic. 

Yup, you're reading it correctly.  The ones who have claimed the Bush administration shit all over the Constitution are having seizures over it being read on the floor of the House.

They have a bunch of posts over there like that.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 03:18:43 PM »

They worship the ****ing thing like it has magical powers or something.

That "****ing thing" is what sets us apart from any other nation in the world.  I suggest you pick a better country if you don't like the "****ing thing" that is the guiding principals for this one.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 03:31:55 PM »
undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-06-11 01:39 PM
Original message
The Consitution is all a bunch of words to them
 To the repugs it's just like they're reading a grocery list..But..Why?

Hare conducted a case study involving a man named Al who had 46 criminal convictions. This study appeared as a PBS documentary in 2007. The experiment used a language test that involved a listening device. The study sought to determine whether abnormalities in brain processing are present in individuals with antisocial personality disorder. Results from the experiment revealed language to be processed in both of Al's brain hemispheres, as opposed to the left-brain processing inherent in individuals who don't have this condition. A second experiment with Al sought to explain the robotic emotional expression that appear in individuals with sociopathic characteristics. Emotional response recording showed no change in response when Al was shown emotional words versus being shown neutral words. Hare associates the sociopath's apparent lack of fear with his tendency toward insensitivity, as well as with an inability to learn from experience.

Well, DUH!!!!!

highlighted to save my friends from having to read this complete bull shit!

Holy Sheite! 46 convictions? For the life of me, and I've been a BailBondsman, how was this guy able to collect 46 ****in' convictions? And then, they use him in some kinda "prison rat" experiment and are astounded at the results, And  "*****BeenUnderground 'til it's moldy" wants to use the guy as an example for the ills of society!

Un****inBelievable!

Any one wanna bet who paid for this claptrap?

edited cause I can't type for shit when I'm pissed!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:38:12 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 03:48:31 PM »
Yup, you're reading it correctly.  The ones who have claimed the Bush administration shit all over the Constitution are having seizures over it being read on the floor of the House.
They especially hate the part that describes qualifications for the presidency. It's worse than the Second Amendment.

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 03:58:01 PM »
I'd like to know about Kentuck's million dollars that he claims this is costing.  What actual cash costs are expended to read existing words?  I'm not understanding this. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 04:45:44 PM »
You would think the patriots at the DUmp would be thrilled to have the law of our land read out loud.
 :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 04:52:29 PM »
You would think the patriots at the DUmp would be thrilled to have the law of our land read out loud.
Nah, the Constitution sucks now, since Dubya trashed it.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »
They worship the ****ing thing like it has magical powers or something.
That "****ing thing" is what sets us apart from any other nation in the world.  I suggest you pick a better country if you don't like the "****ing thing" that is the guiding principals for this one.
H5 brother. Very nice. :-) :cheersmate:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »

H5

This is what we are up against people who think the constitution isn't important. When in fact it is the most important document in our govt. Now if it guaranteed free weed and cheetos it would be worshiped by these goons.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.