Author Topic: Us wet noodle types don't want PE- they beat us up and make us cry  (Read 6401 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Us wet noodle types don't want PE- they beat us up and make us cry
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Conservative

I've taken those red balls to the face a few times... and yeah, they don't feel too good.  But, dodge ball is still fun.  Just suck it up.

Yeah, what you said!

:cheersmate:

Are y'all serious?!  You are killing me here!!  I don't want to have to take this to the adult forums so just stop now.

:lmao:

Lord have mercy.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2010, 08:42:04 PM »
Are y'all serious?!  You are killing me here!!  I don't want to have to take this to the adult forums so just stop now.

Lord have mercy.

KC

:rotf:
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2010, 08:46:05 PM »

Lord have mercy.

KC

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OH MY.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »

Lord have mercy.

KC
We used to play a version with no teams. Just a total free for all. :naughty:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »
We used to play a version with no teams. Just a total free for all. :naughty:
'

Heh.  Oh dear Jesus.  You aren't helping!

for shame.  Y'all are leading me astray.

:naughty:

Just keep ahold of my hand!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »
'

Heh.  Oh dear Jesus.  You aren't helping!

for shame.  Y'all are leading me astray.

:naughty:

Just keep ahold of my hand!

KC

You prolly never won at dodgeball.......... :whistling:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2010, 09:53:20 PM »
I swam on the swim team from the age of 6 - and the coach was mean to us little kids, too!  I got no sympathy whatsoever from my dad - he was the high school football coach.  If we didn't swim fast enough, the coach was there with his long pool cleaner net whopping us over the head.  Think he'd get away with that today?  No way.  It made me swim faster, though.  

I played basketball, too, and loved it.  Except for that time in junior high when my bra came unsnapped in the middle of a game.   :hyper:  Oh, and that time I made a basket for the other team.   :whistling:

I loved PE, except for those stupid one piece gym thingies we had to wear.  

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2010, 10:07:08 PM »
I had a coach in middle school that carried a golf club.  If he felt like you weren't putting in enough effort, you usually got a jab with the club head and some verbal 'encouragement'.

When we weren't doing team sports, I remember PE being fifteen minutes of calisthenics and 45 minutes of bullshit.  Not really my favorite subject.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2010, 11:24:11 PM »
Manifestor_of_Light Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Dec-26-10 06:54 PM
Response to Original message
25. I hated it and I was bullied.

I had to get a doctor's excuse to get out of PE so I could take typing when I was a senior.

I was a year ahead in school, and little, and the big six foot tall dumb jock girls would hit me in the head with basketballs and trip me, put me in the outfield in softball where it was ninety five degrees. I would sit down. The captain said she'd take me out for that and I said "GOOD!".

I refused to catch a softball because I was terrified I would break or jam a finger. I was a violinist and pianist in orchestra and didn't dare catch a softball.

Oh BS!  That large leather thing on your hand was a glove, and breaking a finger shagging a ball just doesn't happen that often. 

Also, where do they get the sterotypes about jocks?   Movies?  The valedictorian of my graduating class was a four sport "jock" that maintained a 4.0 in Advanced classes.  He was also the sort you couldn't help but like, always a kind word for everybody.  Then maybe he would have seen the DUmmies for what they were, I don't know.

BTW, I was the kid that the jocks took one look at and didn't think he measured up when I came out for sports.  Then they noticed that I never let anything stop me and found a way to succeed no matter what my task.  It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2010, 12:01:11 AM »
In our gym class, they called it "War Ball", probably not PC enough for today. The cool part was when one side was down to just a few players, and the other side would have hoarded up all the balls. The teacher would change the dividing line from center court to the foul line. It would be a massacre, in one huge volley. You didn't have a chance, even if you could dodge a wrench.

We played a lot of football where I grew up.  When there wasn't enough to have a proper game, we started playing "smear the queer" which would probably make the DUmmies sit a few inches higher.  When that got to tame, we came up with a game called "ragbone", all the rules of smear the queer, except you weren't down until you were stripped of the football.  Good times.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2010, 01:08:16 AM »
I hated PE too but I learned to live through it and I still came out better then anyposter at the DUmp by far. Like the man says

"Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where maybe we can find some self confidence for you ya Jackwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2010, 01:31:39 AM »
I had a coach in middle school that carried a golf club.  If he felt like you weren't putting in enough effort, you usually got a jab with the club head and some verbal 'encouragement'.

We had a PE coach that was a former(?) Marine MP, always carried a ping pong paddle around with him.  I'm not talking about the cheap ones that come in a set for about $5.  I'm talking one of those "big as your ass 1/2 inch thick" pro models.

His favorite sport was sneaking up behind people and "lighting them up" with the paddle.

Years later, when my son was in high school, Coach and I were working the gate at the field for a soccer tournament, and we talked about those times, laughing and joking about it the whole day.  He said he did it to "make sure we were alert.  The world needs more Lerts."

Coach Smith (that is really his name!) is 80 years old and STILL helps out at the gate every year during football season, selling programs or 50/50 raffle tickets, his voice echoing all thru the stadium whenever he talks.  He knows everybody, and everybody loves him. 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2010, 04:00:09 AM »
I hated PE too but I learned to live through it and I still came out better then anyposter at the DUmp by far. Like the man says

"Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where maybe we can find some self confidence for you ya Jackwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I love that commercial. It has to drive the girly men over on the island nutz.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2010, 06:59:20 AM »

One of the funniest ads ever! 

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2010, 08:02:40 AM »

One of the funniest ads ever! 

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yeah, I find that I have incorporated Jackwagon into my daily vocabulary.  And, BTW, that tagline?

OMG!!!!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2010, 09:34:32 AM »
I've taken those red balls to the face a few times... and yeah, they don't feel too good.  But, dodge ball is still fun.  Just suck it up.

Click the link, see definition number one.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dodgeball

:-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline dandi

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2010, 09:36:13 AM »
I played basketball, too, and loved it.  Except for that time in junior high when my bra came unsnapped in the middle of a game.     

You didn't end up with black eyes, did you?

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2010, 09:46:26 AM »
You didn't end up with black eyes, did you?

Almost................

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »
I hated PE in high school...Loved it in grade school
but in HS if ya wasn't on a "team"(i wasn't good enough) the PE teachers treated ya like shit.
But I did shock the shit outta the football coach...we was playin around on the weight machine durin lunch period one day...I was on the leg weight one where ya sit in the  seat and puch yourself backwards...One of the football jocks thought he'd be an ass and "get" me...he put the weight at 500(I couldn't  see what he put it at) and I lifted it.nI didn't think it weighed that much so I said make it higher..he put it up to 750...lifted it...the coach came in while we were playin and saw....they put it up to 1000 and said "No way she'll lift that"...I did....Coach made me do it twice....he still couldn't believe I could do it...(i used to have very strong legs)
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline dandi

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2010, 11:07:50 AM »

That's hilarious!

Author dammit janet has quite the collection of Urban Dictionary definitions.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=dammit%20janet

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2010, 11:12:12 AM »
Author dammit janet has quite the collection of Urban Dictionary definitions.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=dammit%20janet

7.  Soccer mom  51 up, 43 down
 buy soccer mom mugs, tshirts and magnetsOvergrown little girls who let emotion run their lives and are the sole justification for repealing the 19th Amendment to the US Constitution.
Thanks to soccer moms, we got eight years of bill ****ing clinton and probably another 10 years of constant threats to our country.
by dammit janet Jul 3, 2003

:lol:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »
You have tried to access a web page which is in violation of your internet usage policy.

URL: www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=dammit%20janet
Category: Tasteless

To have the rating of this web page re-evaluated please click here.
:rofl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2010, 12:07:01 PM »
Almost................

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gotta admit, you got a great sense of humor......

Now, get me my beer! :-) (Just playing.)

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2010, 12:13:26 PM »
Gotta admit, you got a great sense of humor......

Now, get me my beer! :-) (Just playing.)

I had to have a sense of humor growing up.  My family put the fun in dysfunctional.  Seriously, I have two sisters and neither of them were blessed like I was.  That's why I've never been a runner. 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: