Author Topic: primitives discuss stand mixers  (Read 1756 times)

Offline jukin

Re: primitives discuss stand mixers
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »
The better half says that getting a second bowl was her best attachment. The citrus juicer is cool, we have an old glass and porcelain one.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »
How often do you break thhings?

Not often.  I had the thing for a good 6 years or so.  I dropped it taking it out of the dishwasher, and the plastic shattered. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 02:24:39 PM »
Not often.  I had the thing for a good 6 years or so.  I dropped it taking it out of the dishwasher, and the plastic shattered. 

hot plastic meet cold hands, it goes plooey

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 02:30:10 PM »
The better half says that getting a second bowl was her best attachment. The citrus juicer is cool, we have an old glass and porcelain one.

I would like to have the second bowl. I guess I just never thought about being able to buy an additional one.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »
I use the Pampered Chef food chopper all the time.  Mine is the old one and doesn't look as nice as this one. 

I love not having to drag out a huge appliance and clean it.  It comes apart and you just put it in the dishwasher. 

Tha's no a food choppa.

THIS is a food choppa!

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »
I have the artisan and love it.  I can't believe I spent so many years using a hand mixer.  

I want one soooooo bad.  Can I have a mixer instead of a pony?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:34:10 PM by chitownchica »

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 05:14:52 PM »
I rarely read the DUmp cooking forum, depending on coach to alert on any entertaining posts. I don't go there because it sickens me that a couple of them think it's cute to call potatoes "taters". That is far worse than the cutesy "v****e", but, thankfully, very rare.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 06:48:29 PM »
I have one too and leave it on the counter because it looks cool.  I also leave out an Oster blender (beehive) because it looks cool too.  My Mom brought a pasta maker attachment for my kitchenaid mixer that also grinds meat for me at Christmas.  She got it at an estate sale and it has never been used. 

I got a Ninja for Christmas and it's one of the coolest appliances I've ever owned but for garlic there's nothing like Pampered Chef's chopper. I love my Mixmaster because I bake lots of cookies for Marines.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 07:22:48 PM »
I got a Ninja for Christmas and it's one of the coolest appliances I've ever owned but for garlic there's nothing like Pampered Chef's chopper. I love my Mixmaster because I bake lots of cookies for Marines.

Cindie

What's a Ninja, Cindie?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 07:27:27 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=236x74046

Oh my.

Well, if the primitives deal with disappointment about elections by purchasing new toys for their kitchens, one imagines the cooking-tools industry is going to have boom year in 2010.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama