Author Topic: When Do We Push the Panic Button?  (Read 2818 times)

Online CC27

When Do We Push the Panic Button?
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
babylonsister (155,868 posts)

From my FB friend Lori Fryd
Admin · 12 mins ·

[Sorry so long. Read to the end, please. Eventually, it gets better.]

For those of us who cuddle with our computers every night, trolling the internet looking for some small measure of reassurance and comfort in the news of the day, this last week has been harrowing.

The attacks that the GOP has launched against the intelligence community have been escalating beyond all previous levels of viciousness and insanity. This thing with Nunes, that scary albino senator from Wisconsin, Ron Johnson (a/k/a The Second Coming of Joseph McCarthy) and the little bit of Fox News that trickles down to me have made me want to curl up in the fetal position under my covers.

There is no longer any innuendo or pretense. There are flat-out assaults against our institutions, designed to erode confidence in them, so that when the Mueller report comes down, the base has been primed to disbelieve it all. I've been unnerved by this.

As I said yesterday, this is an unbelievably precarious time. Our most fundamental institutions are under attack and the GOP's complicity in protecting trump, along with the overt willingness of some of them to actually go out there and spread conspiracy theories for him, have left me gasping for breath, trying to contain my panic.

What does it take for a dictatorship to flourish anyway? You need a dictator, of course, and we've got one waiting in the wings and chomping at the bit. But no self-respecting dictator can hold power unless he's got a powerful cadre of people under him who are either greedy, compromised, cowed, or all three.

Well, look what's happening.

To my untrained eyes, and in my most despairing moments, I think that conditions are ripe for (brace yourselves) a complete takeover by the trump apparatus to control this country for the next seven years and then (are you sitting down) a President Ivanka and even a President Junior. Yes, in my blackest moments of heartache and despair, this is where my feverish thoughts take me. Perhaps, in your darkest moments, you all fall prey to these worst-case- scenario type musings, too. You are not alone.

Of course, though there is still much work to be done, things look good for November, but right now, November seems light years away to me.

Of course, marching with several million of my new best friends over the weekend was reinvigorating, but when Monday rolled around, that piece of putrefying slime was still in the White House.

So....(and I told you if you read long enough you'd get to this point) I reached out to a friend this morning who is in a position to "know things" and that person was kind enough to talk me off the ledge.

Here is the gist of what I was told:

--- The military hates trump.

--- The Intelligence Community hates trump.

--- 99% of the GOP hate trump and know he's a crazy motherf**er.

--- The individuals in the Intelligence Community who have all the evidence they need to bring trump down are patriots who believe passionately in the system and are doing what they have to do, by the book, to see to it that he is ousted.

--- The GOP would like nothing better than to rid themselves of trump and crown Mike Pence for 2020. They are giving themselves political cover by remaining publicly silent about trump until the Mueller report is issued.

--- Mueller may be timing his most damaging revelations to be made public in the summer months, so as to disrupt the GOP's efforts to recover prior to mid-terms.

--- Most importantly, there are very strong systems in place by people within the White House to protect against trump ordering a nuclear attack because everybody knows he is reckless and unfit.

That was about it.

That and a little bit of hand-holding and listening to me whine and whimper relentlessly, for which I thank that person.

I am asked to convey to all of you that everything you feel and observe about this situation is not lost on those in the intelligence community and other branches of government, but we are going to follow procedure here, people -- that's the message.

That, and the fact that while we wait for the system to work, safeguards have been put in place to protect against the unthinkable. So...don't think about it.

And, don't push that panic button either yet, folks. That's what I was told and that's what I have been requested to convey to you.

Stuff is happening and, actually, with this week's revelations about Mueller's desire to interview trump, it's happening faster than we had previously thought possible.

So, please forgive this long and winded way of trying to reassure you, as I, myself, have been reassured -- that the panic buttons must remain untouched for the time being.

We are probably looking at this summer in terms of a time frame for the complete repository of waste matter which has been built up to totally hit the nuclear-powered turbo fans. Seems like a long time off, but we have work to do in the meantime, anyway.

I am asked to tell you to hang tough, do your civic duty, keep resisting and have faith that, behind the scenes, there are people in positions of power who fall asleep every night with the same dreams of strangling and vivisecting The Lunatic that you and I have. Isn't that reassuring?

And, now, my friends, I'm uncurling my newly unpanicked body from the fetal position and getting up and going to the gym because I want to be alive, well, and in excellent health when the summer months roll around and all of our collective dreams come true.

Something to look forward to, no?

I hope this has helped you to put the lid back on that panic button as well.

#Resist!!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210142890

Yeah, resist. That's the ticket!  :whatever: BTW, i think your Facebook sign should work for the Palmer report.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: When Do We Push the Panic Button?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:57:19 AM »
Ruth has an active imagination. She's ugly, too.

Since when have liberals started trusting the FBI and the CIA? This is all new territory to them.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 09:28:28 AM »
Ruth has an active imagination. She's ugly, too.

Since when have liberals started trusting the FBI and the CIA? This is all new territory to them.

They started liking them when they discovered how corrupt they are. :thatsright:

[Sorry so long. Read to the end, please. Eventually, it gets better.]

Only for us, but it just keeps getting progressively worse for you all. :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline hillneck

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 09:47:32 AM »
That's a special kind of crazy there.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 09:51:52 AM »
--- Mueller may be timing his most damaging revelations to be made public in the summer months, so as to disrupt the GOP's efforts to recover prior to mid-terms.
Yes, for an independent investigator, that sounds both non-partisan and non-political.   :whatever:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
Ever so slowly, the little .02 watt bulb in their heads is starting to glow.  They are going to love the Walmart FEMA camps.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »
Yes, for an independent investigator, that sounds both non-partisan and non-political.   :whatever:
And I hear he's considered, like, the most honorable man ever, too.   ::)

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 10:31:20 AM »
Well, she's got a friend who's in a position to "know things", so I'd take what she says as gospel.
I'm really really REALLY worried....

Aw shit, who am I kidding, I can't stop the schadenboner from laughing at the DUmmies panicking that the vast twisted imaginary world they've constructed for themselves in their heads is being vaporized by all of the WINNING in the past few weeks!
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 10:50:51 AM »
When you have to make up shit to reassure yourself to the point of functioning you really should face the facts that you are an insane,retarded mongrel.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 10:57:02 AM »
I'd say that, given what we know, the activities of Strzok and Page qualify under the definition of 'treason.'  If that's the case . . . Terra Haute awaits its' next two 'contestants.' :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 10:58:21 AM »
--- Most importantly, there are very strong systems in place by people within the White House to protect against trump ordering a nuclear attack because everybody knows he is reckless and unfit.

Safeguards have been put in place to protect against the unthinkable. So...don't think about it.

Unmitigated bull$hit.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 10:58:55 AM »
Maybe they could get jobs testing Dr. Kevorkian's "Panic Buttons".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 12:03:25 PM »

You beat me to it, Fiddy.

I guess this means collusion and election tampering is ok as long as it is an American doing it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 12:11:58 PM »

I guess this means collusion and election tampering is ok as long as it is an American doing it.

KC

Of course it's ok when an American does it, they didn't care a lick about Hillary fixing the primaries for herself.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 12:27:24 PM »

KC

The MSM has been tampering in US elections for decades by spreading misleading stories. Now that someone is doing it and apparently helped a GOP candidate, it's wrong.

However, the MSM, the dems and the reps are missing a big part of Trump's election.

Obama only won reelection because of racism and the GOP running a shitty candidate. Trump represented an outsider.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 12:27:27 PM »
Of course it's ok when an American does it, they didn't care a lick about Hillary fixing the primaries for herself.

Or Donna Brazille giving the Hillary camp the debate questions before hand.  You never hear the DUmmies mention those things.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 12:56:26 PM »
One reply at the DUmp,when you are not even believable to those retards.  :rotf:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 01:40:11 PM »
Jump forward to 2021....................."when Mueller report comes down".............

:lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 01:49:19 PM »

When you stick it up your ass and sit on it.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »
babylonsister (155,868 posts)

When did you stop pushing it?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »
I reached out to a friend this morning who is in a position to "know things" and that person was kind enough to talk me off the ledge.  Dammit.  Jump anyway. 
Here is the gist of what I was told:

--- The military hates trump. and luvs the Hiliàry  :rotf:

--- The Intelligence Community hates trump.  Except the 90% that love him

--- 99% of the GOP hate loveTrump and know he's a crazy fantastic motherf**er.

--- The individuals in the Intelligence Community who have all the evidence they need to bring trump down are patriots who believe passionately in the system and are doing what they have to do, by the book, to see to it that he is ousted.

--- The GOP would like nothing better than to rid themselves of trump and crown Mike Pence for 2020. They are giving themselves political cover by remaining publicly silent about trump until the Mueller report is issued.
No, no, no, no!! Pence comes in 2024, THEN Jr. in '32 followed by Barron in '40.   

The Dummy's weed must have been sprayed with Paraquat, 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T     
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”