Author Topic: primitives discuss Bank of America  (Read 1369 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss Bank of America
« on: January 24, 2010, 03:26:33 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=250x3961

Oh my.

stumblnrose (387 posts)      Wed Jan-13-10 01:14 AM
Original message

Disabled and getting hosed by BofA

I am disabled since 2007 and a homeowner. In the fall of 2008 my wife and I ran out of funds as we were both not working and used savings for my health and for special foods I needed.

We called Bank of America to explain why we were in arrears and my wife spent the next year fighting with them Finally they sent us a Loan Modification Agreement in November 2009.

We did not understand what was and wasn't rolled into it so we called every day for clarification. It was not until Dec 14, the day we were supposed to return the paperwork, that someone from BofA explained it to us.

We told her we would go to the bank that afternoon and have the papers notarized and faxed. The loan officer said we could have a day's grace to get the papers processed.

We also mailed them the original papers and our first check for January. Three days later they cashed the check and messengered our papers back saying our loan paperwork was late and therefore not processable.

They have a record in their notes about the grace period but the underwriter does not care, she put us back into forbearance and told us we had to start from scratch.

I have some reserves that came to me from litigation so we can clearly keep up the payments but they totally blew us off. I suffered extreme PTSD after my illness (I was in an induced coma for three months) and am just seeking some peace and assurance that my daughter has a stable roof over her head.

Any thoughts on our plight???? So far I have contacted my senator's office and some local consumer advocates in the press.

gateley  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jan-13-10 01:32 AM
Response to Original message

1. I think contacting your Senator and the consumer advocate are good starts.

Especially the local consumer advocate. When these stories hit the airwaves, it seems the problem gets resolved and the person gets an apology for the "misunderstanding". And do you remember a guy who had a complaint with United Airlines that they just kept ignoring until he made a YouTube video of it and it went viral? Shine the light on them -- become a PR nightmare. Good luck!

elleng  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jan-13-10 01:35 AM
Response to Original message

2. Also contact your congressmember.

The loan is your mortgage, 2d, or other? Be clear when you explain. If you have name of 'loan officer' who gave you the grace period, use it.

I would argue that fact they cashed your check indicates 'acceptance' of your offer.

Contact some 'loud' media in your area, who might have BoA's ear.

stumblnrose (387 posts)      Wed Jan-13-10 01:38 AM
Response to Reply #2

3. clarification

The loan is the first which BofA does not sell. We were hoping to make a cash offer on the second, which they did sell. I am hoping they would settle reasonably on the second since the value of the home today is less than what is owed on the first. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Oceander

Re: primitives discuss Bank of America
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 03:32:08 PM »
Boo, hoo hoo.  You get, not just a second chance, but a third, and a fourth, and ..., and you simply cannot be bothered to read carefully or follow instructions.  You are such a liberal.  And the worst part of it, instead of winning the Darwin Award, and freeing the rest of us of your miserable existence, the crypto-soviets in Congress and the Whitehouse will give you yet another chance, and give us taxpayers the joy of paying for it.  Eff you, you leeching little parasite - go crawl under a rock and die.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:33:30 PM »
Boo, hoo hoo.  You get, not just a second chance, but a third, and a fourth, and ..., and you simply cannot be bothered to read carefully or follow instructions.  You are such a liberal.  And the worst part of it, instead of winning the Darwin Award, and freeing the rest of us of your miserable existence, the crypto-soviets in Congress and the Whitehouse will give you yet another chance, and give us taxpayers the joy of paying for it.  Eff you, you leeching little parasite - go crawl under a rock and die.

Tell us what you really think . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 03:35:02 PM »
Tell us what you really think . . .  :tongue:

I can't - if I did, I'd get banned for foul language. ;)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 03:39:55 PM »
Why can't I take out a $20,000 loan and then have the bank forgive it?

lol

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 04:44:31 PM »
"special foods" = pot brownies

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 06:18:46 PM »
I suffered extreme PTSD after my illness (I was in an induced coma for three months)

Induced coma for three months?  What did he do?  OD?   :hammer: 

I bet in this case, PTSD stands for Posterior Transmitted Sexual Disease....   :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
*Assuming* the story is 100% true with no self-incriminating omissions:

If the mortgage gets audited and the bank were to operate outside the written terms of the mortgage the underwriter is legally liable both in civil and criminal terms.

Considering this was the time period the Fed was leaning on the banks and congress was playing the populism card to hang bankers from light posts I'm not surprised the bank had no desire to play fast and loose. BofA was one of the ones most leaned on by Geithner and the other other bastards.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »
DUmmys lie they lie all the time.

II got C-note that says the DUmmy screwed the pooch and not BofA.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 08:03:27 PM »
Another DUmmie tragedy, "woe is he", poor victim. Boo frickety hoo. 

I was looking for the violin-playing emoticon, but this one works too

:asshat:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline kenth

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »

:asshat:

:lmao:

BTW, I love your avatar. Just a shame that was the lowest denomination though.  :-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 10:17:40 PM »
Quote from:
stumblnrose

Any thoughts on our plight????

Yeah.  You didn't make your mortgage payment and, when given the opportunity to modify it, you screwed around making phone calls instead of driving there and making a bank officer explain it to you.

Otherwise you may lose you house.

What?  You thought I'd tell you something you didn't already know?

Better luck next time, which with re-establish credit and steady income will be at least 2 years from the time your foreclosure is finalized.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Spirit of Ronald Reagan

• I like to play with matches
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 10:59:15 PM »
Well, BofA does suck.  They tried to screw me over but when they received notice from the NC banking commission to straighten things out they did.  My issue wasn't about me not wanting to pay my bills though.  Funny how these people think their Senator will cure all their problems and don't think the only time their representatives care about them is voting day.  Nothing like asking for help and then waiting till the last possible second to try and figure things out.  Wonder what they'll think of the foreclosure process.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:08:05 AM »
As a former employee of BofA, I strongly suspect that there is more to the story than is being told... a lot more.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 09:12:22 AM »
As a former employee of BofA, I strongly suspect that there is more to the story than is being told... a lot more.

Is not BoA the bank that gives home loans to illegal aliens...requiring not a SSN but only a TIN to process the loan?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »
Well, BofA does suck.  They tried to screw me over but when they received notice from the NC banking commission to straighten things out they did.  My issue wasn't about me not wanting to pay my bills though.  Funny how these people think their Senator will cure all their problems and don't think the only time their representatives care about them is voting day.  Nothing like asking for help and then waiting till the last possible second to try and figure things out.  Wonder what they'll think of the foreclosure process.

I've had issues with Wells Fargo, and it never did get resolved.  I ended up just paying the extra $25 fine when I paid my car off  :whatever:

That said, I have minimal sympathy for people who are complaining about not getting load adjustments due to documentation issues, lack of understanding, etc.  I applied for a mortgage lately, and I needed quite a bit of documentation, but it was all completely reasonable.  I needed proof of income, evidence that I had the money for the downpayment, etc.  I assume that the documentation that the banks are asking for in loan modifications is equally reasonable.  If the requests really are outrageous, then I want to know what they are.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 10:57:14 AM »
Is not BoA the bank that gives home loans to illegal aliens...requiring not a SSN but only a TIN to process the loan?

No, that was credit cards. It was a limited experiment in (you guessed it) California. It stopped as soon as Drudge reported it.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 11:08:10 AM »

Several did.

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/18/acorns-illegal-alien-home-loan-racket/

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »
I couldn't get past the second sentence. 

In the fall of 2008 my wife and I ran out of funds as we were both not working and used savings for my health and for special foods I needed.

How can people just let days slip by and the bank account go lower and lower and not think to swing into action fast?  Sitting around is not an option, and I would be damned if I'd let it happen to me and my house. 

And, writing ones' senator is not swinging into action.  Doesn't the DUmmie know all the senators letters go directly into auto-delete on the email, and into the shredder if snail mail?  As for the media, isn't this tale of woe pretty yawn-worthy? 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
"We called every day"!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!! Hey stupid, there's a BofA in every city with a population of 10,000 or more, and you "called every day"?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!....you're killin' me!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Spirit of Ronald Reagan

• I like to play with matches
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 05:25:42 PM »
I've had issues with Wells Fargo, and it never did get resolved.  I ended up just paying the extra $25 fine when I paid my car off  :whatever:
My opinion of smells fartgo is right in the sh!tter with countrywide of America. 

And FlaGator - countrywide did the tax id number loans for illegals back a few years ago.  Was working at a brokerage with someone that "specialized" in getting these loans for people, rates were about the same as conventional rates at the time.