Author Topic: Zogby nationwide poll on the teaching of the theory of evolution  (Read 2454 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Zogby nationwide poll on the teaching of the theory of evolution
« on: February 19, 2009, 07:12:15 PM »
Okay, make of this what one can; I myself have no opinion on the matter, thinking it rather silly and not worth the oceans of ink and forests of trees expended upon it.

And, as usual, the evolution enthusiasts are their own worst enemy (remember, for the record, I have no dispute with the theory of evolution), trying to forcibly jam something down people's throats that would be more palatable spoon-by-spoon.

Surely, somewhere, it has been scientifically proven that arrogance must, inevitably, lead to self-destruction.

The Zogby poll, on the teaching of the theory of evolution (in Adobe, or whatever that thing is called, format):

http://www.evolutionnews.org/Zogby%20International%202009%20Poll%20Report.pdf

Excerpts:

Would you strongly agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, or strongly disagree that teachers or students should have the academic freedom to discuss both the strengths and weaknesses of evolution as a scientific theory?

Agree, 80%; Disagree, 17%.

Which statement comes closest to your point of view?

(a) Biology teachers should teach only Darwin's theory of evolution and the scientific evidence that supports it.

(b) Biology teachers should teach Darwin's theory of evolution, but also the scientific evidence against it.

Statement (a), 14%, Statement (b), 78%.

Okay, have at it; remember my own main interest in the issue is all the evidence suggesting, and rather inarguably, that as the influence of religion in a society declines, so too does belief in the theory of evolution.

It's not supposed to happen, but it apparently does, and I'm curious as to why.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Zogby nationwide poll on the teaching of the theory of evolution
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
Proof that most Americans aren't even qualified to be on "are you smarter than a 5th Grader."

There IS NO scientific evidence against TToE.  Not a scintilla.

This type of thing depresses me.  Maybe they should ask whether pi should be legally assigned the value of 3.14 without all them silly decimal places...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 04:05:40 AM »
Proof that most Americans aren't even qualified to be on "are you smarter than a 5th Grader."

There IS NO scientific evidence against TToE.  Not a scintilla.

This type of thing depresses me.  Maybe they should ask whether pi should be legally assigned the value of 3.14 without all them silly decimal places...

Actually, there is a great deal of scientific evidence against the theory of evolution. But the evidence from the Bible refutes it completely. The problem: Most evolutionists cannot and will not discuss the issues dispassionately.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 10:19:23 AM »
Fossils.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.