Author Topic: poll: does quality-checking intimidate the primitives?  (Read 449 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
poll: does quality-checking intimidate the primitives?
« on: July 30, 2009, 05:50:42 PM »
In case no one's ever noticed, I conduct this particular poll about every three months--I started doing it when I first joined conservativecave--to see how effective we are, at quality-controlling the primitives.

Remember, that is our purpose here, to see if the primitives are actually what they say they are; this "truth in advertising" thing.

We don't set the standards for the primitives; the primitives set those standards themselves, about how good, how virtuous, how kind, how generous, how smart, they are, and we just merely check to see if they're actually as good, as virtuous, as kind, as generous, as smart, as they advertise themselves to be.

We're sort of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) of Skins's island, and since we're based upon the example of the FDA, a governmental agency, and since the primitives love government, surely the primitives have no problems with us.

But I've been getting concerned lately.

Many Primitives of Prominence have been lighting fewer bonfires, and making fewer comments, than they used to.  At first, I figured well, it's summer, and they're probably out doing all their summer things, leaving less time to hang around Skins's island.

However, coincidentally at the same time, there's been a constant increase in primitives getting into their cocoanut-shell canoes, rowing away from the island and coming over here to the mainland, to visit.

Just recently, I inquired of a bona fide primitive, who thinks I'm a primitive like him, about one of those Primitives of Prominence who doesn't hang around Skins's island as nearly as much as he used to, and nowadays posts only one-sentence comments and images of cartoons, instead of the two- or three-paragraph stupidities about what he's seen on television.

The bona fide primitive told me, er, my mole, that this particular Primitive of Prominence used to get so worked up that his wife finally protested, saying he was taking things way too seriously, and so perhaps he should be doing things other than hanging around Skins's island; things more relaxing, like painting and drawing.

Do you suppose we're having this effect on the primitives on Skins's island?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Re: poll: does quality-checking intimidate the primitives?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »
Is there any way of knowing if the PoP's are even logging on to the Island of Damned Souls?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 06:41:15 PM »
I think I voted "not sure" last time but have changed to a yes and need to do more.

They are completly insane and worthless to society so who gives a crap if they get pushed closer to the edge.
I wish that all the general public would visit here or other Conservative sites to see the discussion and then visit the DUmp to see the inanity and hatred.

They want to shield places like this from even their own and I want the world to see them just as they are.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:43:34 PM by Carl »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:21:33 AM »
I think I voted "not sure" last time but have changed to a yes and need to do more.

They are completly insane and worthless to society so who gives a crap if they get pushed closer to the edge.
I wish that all the general public would visit here or other Conservative sites to see the discussion and then visit the DUmp to see the inanity and hatred.

They want to shield places like this from even their own and I want the world to see them just as they are.

As they go further and further closer to the edge, the more moderates that see their site and their bovine scatology proffered there, the more that those moderates come further rightward.  Maybe not a whole lot at first, but they do see who is the more rational of the two sides.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 06:13:19 AM »
Much as they would never admit so I think it bothers them a great deal to be discussed on other sites.  Oh, they'll prance and prate about how tickled they are to be a subject of scorn by "Freeps", but I have serious doubts about that.

I only wish there was some avenue to expose their lunacy on a wider scale.  Actually, this president is doing his part in ensuring that the bigotry of Democrats, especially so called progressives, is made public.  It can't all be left up to him, however, and I'm of the opinion that the more publicity DU/Kos/PI/DW/TO/HP etc. receives the better it is for conservatism. 

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 06:52:12 AM »
Do you suppose we're having this effect on the primitives on Skins's island?

I think it drives them nuts because we shut down their talking points in about two posts.  Which is why anytime one of them rows over here they are reduced to profanity laced tirades about how stupid/recist/bigoted homophobic we are and subsequently banned in less than 48 hours.

They think that everything is a zero sum game played out in a vacuum ruled by emotions feelings and appearance.

We tend to understand that life is not fair...that we are what we make of ourselves...and out arguments are backed up by either first hand real world experience and/or facts.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn