Author Topic: primitive finds dishonest advertiser from DU AdBot primitive  (Read 701 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=402x186

Oh my.

yy4me  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-01-09 12:56 PM
Original message

Yesterday was the start of a campaign to get my money back.

This will never work, I am sure but take my experience and that of others as a warning.

I do not buy merchandise just because I see an ad on-line but a month or so ago I say the ads on DU for the teeth whitening products.

Please go to www.ripoffreports.com before thinking of buying these 2 advertised products.

Two companies involved. They give you the impression that they work in conjunction with each other.I did not receive one of the product samples. Got the other sample and found it useless. I contacted one of the companies to cancel, was told they would take care of both but Monday when my Credit Card bill came, there is a charge for $88.87.

The company that never sent me the original sample is the one that billed me for the $88.97, telling me that I did not cancel on time.

This whole thing smacks of funny business and I seem to be getting nowhere with them.

Investigate the reports before you give them your CC #. I have notified my CC company and have established grounds for a fight if they try and charge anything else. It is up to me to fight on this current bill. I will post my experience on ripoff reports if I can figure out how to put the sequence of events together.

You can see their adds all over the web and on DU if you look around while not logged in. I would love to hear via PM if anyone else here has had a problem with them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

Re: primitive finds dishonest advertiser from DU AdBot primitive
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 09:02:36 AM »
if I can figure out how to put the sequence of events together.

What seems to be the problem in doing that?  What's to figure out? 

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:56 AM »
What seems to be the problem in doing that?  What's to figure out? 

What the DUmmie means is "When I can figure out a story to tell that DOESN'T make me look like a total reatard-fool"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 10:44:13 AM »
What the DUmmie means is "When I can figure out a story to tell that DOESN'T make me look like a total reatard-fool"

But the primitives always do anyway, no matter how hard they try not to.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:59:52 AM »

There's no way to describe giving your CC number to an AdBot company that doesn't make you look like a retard.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »
 :loser:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »
A DUmbass and it's allowance/welfare/SSDI are soon parted.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 03:45:08 PM »
Anyone who doesn't realize that buying stuff off the internet because a banner advertisement told you to is an idiot.

But it wouldnt surprise me to find that the dump is full of overweight people with yellow teeth who play Evony while chatting to each other using their lesbian ImVu avatars.