Current Events > The DUmping Ground

political compass test

(1/22) > >>

franksolich:
Thanks to thundley here, who found this for me.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

This test of political ideology was first posted on Skins's island.

Normally, things posted by primitives are of dubious values, but as someone who has taken professional political ideology tests administered by professionals, franksolich has found this particular one to be the best, of such "tests" roaming around the internet.

This test uses scientific measurements of ideology, and not measurements of ideology as perceived by the primitives.

Not surprisingly, the primitives have usually scored way over to the left-hand side, in the "extreme" area, while decent and civilized people who imagine themselves "conservative" usually find themselves vaguely somewhere near the middle; i.e., the mainstream.

This is mine--gotten despite my own opinions about freedom of speech and expression of religion, the Second Amendment, the inalienable right to life, frugality in governmental taxation and spending, unwavering support for the wars for the liberation of Afghanistan and Iraq, &c., &c., &c.

Which would, one assumes, make the primitives think of franksolich as some "extreme far-right-winger," when in fact franksolich is a nice guy, one of the nicest guys one can ever hope to meet.

djones520:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.92

Flame:
The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.44

franksolich:

--- Quote from: Flame on May 21, 2009, 08:46:16 AM ---The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.44