Current Events > The DUmpster

Had a nice, calm fatherly discussion with an anti-vaxxer.

(1/5) > >>

Texacon:
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100215342304

Ohhh, been a long time since I’ve seen one of these bouncies!

--- Quote ---  LuckyCharms
Had a nice, calm fatherly discussion with an anti-vaxxer.

I had to get an imaging study done at a hospital.

Even though I am fully vaccinated, I wore two masks, a face shield, and gloves.

I did not sit in the waiting room to be called back for the test. I stood in the hallway, far away from others.

The tech came out to get me, walked past me, walked into the waiting room, did not social distance, and called my name. I said "I'm out here".

We walked back to the imaging room together. She moved close to me as we walked, and I kept moving away. She wore a loose fitting surgical type of mask, which was puckered open around her cheeks, allowing plenty of air to get in or escape.

We entered the darkened room, and I laid on my back on a table. She sat next to me as she performed the imaging procedure.

Her: I can't wait until things get back to normal
Me: I can't either
Her: Have you gotten the jab
Me: Yes, I'm fully vaccinated. Two Pfizer doses
Her: I haven't decided yet
Me: What is it you haven't decided on
Her: I don't know if I will get the vaccination
Me: Really
Her: Yes, I have some problems with it
Me: And what are those problems
Her: Well, they use stem cells from aborted babies to make the vaccine

Me: Well, I can't comment because I don't know too much about that
Her: How come in this day and age, they have to use stem cells from abortions
Me: Like I said, I can't comment
Her: I take care of my elderly parents. My dad is almost 90. my mom is a few years younger

Me: Are they vaccinated?
Her: One is, and one isn't
Me: I see
Me: Are you afraid of giving them Covid
Her: Oh, no! I'm very safe. I social distance all of the time, and avoid crowds of people
Me: I see

Her: I almost had an abortion when I was young
Me: Well, that's really none of my business
Her: I got off the table at the last minute, and now I have a beautiful daughter
Me: That's great

Her: You probably think I'm stupid for not getting the vaccine
Me: You have your beliefs, based on your own life experiences, so I don't have the right, nor the rudeness, to call you stupid.

Me: But, I have my own beliefs too.
Her: What are your beliefs

Me: I believe you are not safe, and you do not social distance

Her: What makes you say that

Me: Your mouth is 2 feet away from mine. You did not social distance when you walked into the waiting room. You could be giving me Covid right this minute, as we speak. Your mask is useless. It barely fits. In fact. I could be giving you Covid right now.

Her: But you are vaccinated

Me: That doesn't mean I don't have Covid, now does it. The vaccine is 95% effective, and the jury still seems to be out on the variants.

Her: Didn't they check your temperature?

Me: I could be an asymptomatic carrier

Me: You could give your parents Covid

Her: Like I said, I'm very careful

Me: You're not careful. You just think you are. Based upon what I've seen of you just in the past 15 minutes, you're not careful at all.

Me: You are worried about stem cells. Are you more worried about the cells than you are about the 600,000 Covid deaths that have already occurred, with plenty more on the way?

Her: Silence

Me: You are a God fearing woman

Her: Oh yes! very much so!

Me: Do you think God had a hand in creating this vaccine then?

Me: If your parents died because of your "beliefs", do you think you would be questioning yourself for the rest of your life?

Me: Do you think we will ever achieve herd immunity if enough people refuse to take the vaccine? The answer is no, we won't, and we will be living like this forever.

Me: Those are my beliefs.

We finished up, I put my clothes back on. she walked me out.

Her: Nice talking to you.

Me: You as well. stay safe.

--- End quote ---

More at the link. I love how they have total recall!  LOL

KC

enslaved1:
Total recall is easy when you're making it up as you type.....

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote from: enslaved1 on April 16, 2021, 01:41:18 PM ---Total recall is easy when you're making it up as you type.....

--- End quote ---
reminds me of a letter to the Penthouse Forum...

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote ---Even though I am fully vaccinated, I wore two masks, a face shield, and gloves
--- End quote ---

:rotf: :rofl: :lol:

SVPete:
I don't know whose ignorance is more disturbing, that of ChuckyLarms or of the possibly-fictional X-ray tech.

That ChuckyLarms doesn't know that only the J&J vaccine of those approved for use in the US is made using fetal cells (actually, cells descended from a baby aborted, IIRC, several decades ago in Sweden) is unsurprising. That a hospital X-ray tech thinks all Covid vaccines are made using fetal cells is at best odd, and may possibly be evidence that this encounter is substantially fictional.

I have zero problems with DU-Moron ChuckyLarms fearfully cowering behind multiple face masks plus a face shield for the rest of his life. In real life there is no such thing as zero risk, and as the growth of the populations of the vaccinated and the recovered reduces the risk of Covid a point will be reached where mandated restrictions are lifted or so universally "violated" that they are made unenforceable. IMO, that point is weeks away except in states that have already lifted their (or never had) restrictions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version