Author Topic: U.S. Capitol Police officer cleared of wrongdoing in fatal shooting of Ashli Ba  (Read 690 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215335964
LetMyPeopleVote (93,638 posts)

U.S. Capitol Police officer cleared of wrongdoing in fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt during Capitol

Killing a terrorist in the act of attempting to overthrow our country is justified.
Link to tweet

A U.S. Capitol Police officer has been cleared of criminal wrongdoing for fatally shooting Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt as she attempted to breach a set of doors deep in the Capitol during the January siege, federal prosecutors in D.C. announced Wednesday.

Authorities determined there was insufficient evidence to prove Babbitt’s civil rights were violated, and that it was reasonable for the officer to believe he was firing in self-defense or in defense of members of Congress and aides who were fleeing the House chamber. Prosecutors did not identify the officer.

The slaying of the 35-year-old California native became one of the defining moments of the riot, after graphic videos of her shooting spread across social media and were replayed by news outlets.
Arazi (4,545 posts)

1. Good justice. I'm glad he's retained some anonymity too

Or the crazy members of Cult45 would be hunting him and his family forever
I wonder how Arazi feels about Kim Potter's home address being posted online, and the mob showing up outside her door.
Caliman73 (7,601 posts)

2. Tragic

While it is legally the correct outcome, I am sure the officer is going to have to deal with the emotional aspects of having to take a life, for years to come. While Babbitt has to assume responsibility for her actions in the insurrection, there is more accountability to be spread around. The people that put her on this path to her death, bear responsibility too. Trump, for his incessant and continuing lies about "a stolen election", right wing media for propagating those lies, and those politicians (Boebert, Greene, Hawley, Cruz, etc...) who supported and encouraged the insurrection.

This is sad and sick.
Unlike Duante Wright, or George Floyd, who were resisting arrest, but apparently bear no responsibility for their own deaths, right?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
John Earle Sullivan

Say his name.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

• Global Moderator
There was no insurrection. It's not even a charge leveled against any of the protesters.

Hunter Biden has thrown out more guns in back alley dumpsters than were carried by the protesters.

If you want an actual attack on the Capitol building, see the Weather Underground; headed by Obama's old friend, Bill Ayers.

Offline Mary Ann

John Earle Sullivan

Say his name.
I had to look him up to find out who he is.

Offline Mary Ann

There was no insurrection. It's not even a charge leveled against any of the protesters.

Hunter Biden has thrown out more guns in back alley dumpsters than were carried by the protesters.

If you want an actual attack on the Capitol building, see the Weather Underground; headed by Obama's old friend, Bill Ayers.
This.

Offline DLR Pyro

Arazi (4,545 posts)

so A.C.A.B doesn't apply in this case...?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

• Global Moderator

It does if you rewrite it to mean "All Conservatives Are Bastards."

Online 67 Rover

Arazi (4,545 posts)

And just like that shooting unarmed people is O.K. again. ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?

Like everything with the moonbats, whatever fits the needs at the moment.  Cops shoot someone they don't like (without ever meeting or interacting with), cops are wonderful civil servants.  Cops shoot someone whose death or injury can be exploited, the dookie hits the fan. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.