Author Topic: Right-wing conservatives are here to convince you...  (Read 400 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Right-wing conservatives are here to convince you...
« on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:22 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215335204

StrictlyRockers (3,341 posts)

Right-wing conservatives are here to convince you...

Right-wing conservatives are here to convince you that murder is an appropriate response to property damage, but property damage isn't an appropriate response to murder.

<snip>

There is a twit here that says the same thing and I can't bring it over.

There you have it folks.  The self proclaimed brightest minds in the universe and that's where their critical thinking skills get them.

So, they are going to equate;

Someone comes to my property and forcibly tries to steal my property, or destroy my property and I kill that individual (who knows what else they may have been trying to do), with;

Someone gets killed in town, someone I don't know and never met, by someone I don't know and never met, so you come to my business and destroy it, and walk down my street and destroy it, and throw bricks at people who did absolutely nothing to cause the death of some thug who decided to try to run from the "Poh Leese?"  It's ok to destroy literally millions of dollars of property, inventory, vehicles (that tax payers who did nothing wrong will have to pay for), and put LORD ONLY KNOWS how many hardworking people out of work?

Here's what they think about the tweet they're referencing;

Wounded Bear (43,946 posts)

2. Good point...nt

The Magistrate (90,624 posts)

4. Cold But Fair, Sir

:thatsright:

All I can say is, don't start no shit and there won't BE no shit.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

Re: Right-wing conservatives are here to convince you...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 10:03:12 AM »
They seem to think it's okay because "insurance," or something.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 10:40:10 AM »
They seem to think it's okay because "insurance," or something.

My wife worked in a prison for about 14 years.  The guys she dealt with were in a 'rehab' program that lasted a couple of years and the rest of any sentence they had was adjudicated IF they finished the program.

These guys had to do what was called "Thinking Reports" where they would go back to where the problem actually occurred and work forward from there trying to teach them if they could change their thinking that caused them to do what got them locked up, then they wouldn't have to worry about it.

One of the most interesting and frustrating things she used to tell me about these guys was how many of them didn't see theft as an issue because you should have insurance and if you didn't, that was your fault, not theirs.  When asked if they understood how insurance worked, they had no clue.  They had zero concept of a deductible.  None of them, absolutely NONE of them had ever heard of a deductible and had no idea that those they were stealing from were actually out money.

On the other side of that, even when it was pointed out the person may have to take a day off to go get the car window fixed that they bashed in (and pay cash because the deductible was too high to worry about a claim), they didn't see the loss of income as a loss to the victim of their crime.  Their reasoning was "they could use a vacation day", or "the company should let them have a few hours off to go do that."

Their thinking is like what I see at the DUmp regularly.  The victim should simply be willing to eat the cost (no matter what that is, even physical) if the person doing the crime is somehow perceived as a person who simply needed it more and you had too much so it was "fair game."

Reminds me of Rocket in the Guardian of the Galaxy move where he asked; if someone has something that I need more than that person, is it ok if I take it?  The response was; that's theft.  To which Rocket said; but I need it MORE sir!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 10:43:03 AM »
The Magistrate (90,624 posts)

4. Cold But Fair, Sir
Sure, it's fair...

...if you're a total idiot who conflates reckless killings and defending property with 'murder'.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 11:10:35 AM »
Left wing warmongers are here to convince you that the cure for avenging likely guilty people is to victimize absolutely innocent people - even people who want to be your ally...

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."