Current Events > The DUmpster

My conversation at Publix today:

(1/6) > >>

Chris_:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2715551

--- Quote ---As I approached the check-out line, the person in front of me was having a conversation with the cashier:

Shopper (Sh): I would never vote for Clinton or Obama

Cashier: I'm not sure

Nosey Me (NM): Who do you like, then?

Sh: Rudy

NM: Oh! Do you mind if I ask why?

Sh: He says he'll lower my taxes.

NM: Well, what services do you feel we can do without?

Sh: Huh??

NM: Well, we've had lots of tax cuts in recent years, and as a result, our infrastructure is falling apart, roads, bridges, parks, schools, teachers, police officers, fire fighters, medical care for veterans, the government... all can't endure more cuts - when we can't afford a couple of those things on my list, will you offer to pay for some of it with your extra $$$ from your tax cuts??

Sh: I never thought of it like that.

NM: Well, think of the United States as the greatest country club in the world. Because everyone pays their dues. If you keep lowering the dues every year, eventually, the services are scaled back and the grounds look awful. I would rather pay my dues. Taxes are not dirty, they are for a reason.

Sh: Wow. So... who are you going to vote for?

NM: Don't know yet, but it will Clinton or Obama before anyone with an R after their name!

Sh: You're really smart. And you're a Democrat, huh. Maybe I'll vote for one this time.

The cashier smiled at me.
--- End quote ---
Funny, I was in Publix earlier and didn't hear any political talk. I'll give it a 2 on the Bouncy scale, for total lameness.

DaSaintFan:
it should have at least been in a garden center or something, so that they'd have some bushes for someone to jump out from behind...

Carl:
There is not a rational soul in the universe that would buy this dialog..You're really smart. And you're a Democrat, huh. Maybe I'll vote for one this time..... give me a effin break. ::)

Of course all the DUmmies are lapping it up. :lmao:

Lord Undies:

--- Quote ---NM: Don't know yet, but it will Clinton or Obama before anyone with an R after their name!

Sh: You're really smart. And you're a Democrat, huh. Maybe I'll vote for one this time.

The cashier smiled at me.  Just for a moment I was back at DU, and felt that old familiar refrain, and as I turned to make my way back home
the snow turned into rain.
--- End quote ---

:bouncy: :bs2flag: :bouncy:

WinOne4TheGipper:

--- Quote from: darkangel82 on January 18, 2008, 06:39:49 PM ---http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2715551

--- Quote ---As I approached the check-out line, the person in front of me was having a conversation with the cashier:

Shopper (Sh): I would never vote for Clinton or Obama

Cashier: I'm not sure

Nosey Me (NM): Who do you like, then?

Sh: Rudy

NM: Oh! Do you mind if I ask why?

Sh: He says he'll lower my taxes.

NM: Well, what services do you feel we can do without?

Sh: Huh??

NM: Well, we've had lots of tax cuts in recent years, and as a result, our infrastructure is falling apart, roads, bridges, parks, schools, teachers, police officers, fire fighters, medical care for veterans, the government... all can't endure more cuts - when we can't afford a couple of those things on my list, will you offer to pay for some of it with your extra $$$ from your tax cuts??

Sh: I never thought of it like that.

NM: Well, think of the United States as the greatest country club in the world. Because everyone pays their dues. If you keep lowering the dues every year, eventually, the services are scaled back and the grounds look awful. I would rather pay my dues. Taxes are not dirty, they are for a reason.

Sh: Wow. So... who are you going to vote for?

NM: Don't know yet, but it will Clinton or Obama before anyone with an R after their name!

The cashier smiled at me.
--- End quote ---
Funny, I was in Publix earlier and didn't hear any political talk. I'll give it a 2 on the Bouncy scale, for total lameness.

--- End quote ---

Does anyone over there buy this crap anymore? :lame: :lame: :lame:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version