Author Topic: West Virginia's hazmat problem is the rethugs fault  (Read 423 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
West Virginia's hazmat problem is the rethugs fault
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:39:20 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024340069#post4

Thu Jan 16, 2014, 09:25 AM

riqster (6,573 posts)

Any West Virginian who votes Repub after this week is a complete idiot.
http://bluntandcranky.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/any-west-virginian-who-votes-repub-after-this-week-is-a-complete-idiot/

" Yeah, that’s harsh. But after the deregulation the Libertarian Repubs enacted caused an enormous chemical spill there, and after the Teabagging Repubs cut the budgets for enforcing what paltry regulations remain, it seems pretty accurate. Note this simple fact: “Republicans” are to blame for the toxic chemical leak that afflicts Charleston and surrounding areas. They are to blame because they deregulated the industries involved.

Yes, a very few “Democrats” voted for such stupid deregulatory bills: including one that was passed even as the chemicals were contaminating the Elk River. This particular law would pretty much make the taxpayer pay for cleanup of messes caused by private businesses. Jesus Christ on a moonshine still, really?

But it is a 95% “Republican” policy, passed by 98% “Republican” votes, and so it is a Repub policy. And when you vote for a Repub, you are telling them that you support the poisoning of our water supplies. So if you vote for an Elephant, you are cheering on the destruction of your infrastructure and any resulting illnesses or deaths.
    You are also approving of the way they kicked you in the nuts while you were down, by passing that recent bill which further deregulated the chemical industry even as you could not wash your hair or brush your teeth because of a chemical spill.

And if you vote to have yourself sickened or murdered, you are an idiot, plain and simple. Remember this come Election Day, and PLEASE don’t be stupid. Your life and health depend on a smart vote."

Can they be any more DUmber than they already are?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_West_Virginia

democrat Governor
democrat SoS
State House: 54-46 democrat majority
State Senate: 25-9 democrat majority
US Senate: 2-0 democrat majority
US House: 2-1 Republican majority. <-------------- There's the problem

Response to Orrex (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 16, 2014, 09:34 AM

riqster (6,573 posts)
3. My opinion as well.

But voting for the mother****er who poisoned your well takes it to a whole new level.

There's no reasoning with these idiots. They are deluded beyond hope.

In case nobody has pointed out the obvious, the state is controlled by the democrat party.  Republicans cannot get anything passed. Nothing.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
Re: West Virginia's hazmat problem is the rethugs fault
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:51:34 AM »
I think they should shut down all of the chemical industry in West By Gawd Virginia and move them out of state.

That'll show those 1%'er Chemical Capitalists.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:16:10 AM »
You forgot PRESIDENT- democrat.
National Administration - democrat.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »
Some one was aware of the politics in WV, and commented about it.
Naturally, the response was predictable.
Response to riqster (Reply #5)
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 09:52 AM

Star Member theHandpuppet (13,476 posts)

6. Yeah, but our Dems are barely moderate republicans

And I mean that, i.e., barely. It would help if we had some actual DEMOCRATS in office here rather than DINOs, who would fight to protect ALL West Virginians, not just those holding the purse strings. It's very discouraging.
By "actual democraps", he means hand-wringing, panty wadding eco freaks.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:33:46 AM »
Naturally, the response was predictable.By "actual democraps", he means hand-wringing, panty wadding eco freaks.

Because of their faulty logic and inability to reason, one would get a better understanding by talking to a wall.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
Response to riqster (Reply #5)
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 09:52 AM

Star Member theHandpuppet (13,476 posts)

6. Yeah, but our Dems are barely moderate republicans

And I mean that, i.e., barely. It would help if we had some actual DEMOCRATS in office here rather than DINOs, who would fight to protect ALL West Virginians, not just those holding the purse strings. It's very discouraging.

Naturally, the response was predictable.By "actual democraps", he means hand-wringing, panty wadding eco freaks.

Robert Byrd would be in a BURNING MAD mood to find out he's no longer considered a real Dhimmi'Rat.  I have a C-note that says that he still votes. :fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus