Author Topic: You served HONORABLY in the US MILITARY????  (Read 13795 times)

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
You served HONORABLY in the US MILITARY????
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
Many of you may have heard of USAA Ins Co. I have been with them since 1967, I have investments, cars, boats, tractor, home, life, IRA, you name it. They started out only insuring military officers, they now include anyone that has served honorably.

They will save you money and at the same time you get the number one rated insurance company in the US and has been most of the time I have been with them.

Another benefit other than low rates and stand by you world class service is the dividend checks. I get 2 per year and several hundred per check, its based upon how much ins you have with them, how much profit the make etc, the great part is they pay the taxes on it so its all yours.

USAA is a insured owned company, you have insurance with them, then you own the company, not a bunch of stock holders or some holding company on wall street.

I cannot recommend them enough.

800 531 8722

USAA.com

I derive no benefit of any kind, you do not have to mention my name, nothing, just have served honorable in the military...
Don
Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: You served HONORABLY in the US MILITARY????
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »
Many of you may have heard of USAA Ins Co. I have been with them since 1967, I have investments, cars, boats, tractor, home, life, IRA, you name it. They started out only insuring military officers, they now include anyone that has served honorably.

They will save you money and at the same time you get the number one rated insurance company in the US and has been most of the time I have been with them.

Another benefit other than low rates and stand by you world class service is the dividend checks. I get 2 per year and several hundred per check, its based upon how much ins you have with them, how much profit the make etc, the great part is they pay the taxes on it so its all yours.

USAA is a insured owned company, you have insurance with them, then you own the company, not a bunch of stock holders or some holding company on wall street.

I cannot recommend them enough.

800 531 8722

USAA.com

I derive no benefit of any kind, you do not have to mention my name, nothing, just have served honorable in the military...

Member since Christ was a corporal. I've used their banking, loans, insurance, financial services, IRA, discounted car rentals, and road service. I have never had a bad experience with USAA. Their website is great, very user-friendly.

The only thing about USAA I don't like is that they don't do motorcycle insurance. They turf that off to Progressive at a discount. Progressive's OK, but I'd prefer to bundle my bike insurance in with the rest.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »
Member since Christ was a corporal. I've used their banking, loans, insurance, financial services, IRA, discounted car rentals, and road service. I have never had a bad experience with USAA. Their website is great, very user-friendly.

The only thing about USAA I don't like is that they don't do motorcycle insurance. They turf that off to Progressive at a discount. Progressive's OK, but I'd prefer to bundle my bike insurance in with the rest.

They don't do boats either anymore & palm you off on Progressive.  My complaint is that Progressive's leadership is rabid left wing & I hate giving them money.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:17:52 PM »
We have been with USAA forever, and there was a time their customer service was top notch and one of the best in the insurance industry.  No more. 

They have just gotten too big, and with that comes the consequences of that.   They are actually open to federal employees and pretty much any family member of a service member (active, retired, guard, reserve). 

Just too big.   Not pleased with them anymore. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »
Been with 'em about 30 years.  No complaints on the auto insurance at all, results on their other services somewhat mixed.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »
We have been with USAA forever, and there was a time their customer service was top notch and one of the best in the insurance industry.  No more. 

They have just gotten too big, and with that comes the consequences of that.   They are actually open to federal employees and pretty much any family member of a service member (active, retired, guard, reserve). 

Just too big.   Not pleased with them anymore. 

Sorry you have had a bad experience, I never have.

I have never exp that and bewteen my dad and myself we have over 100 years of service, I have been with them for almost 50 years and their customer service is the best of anyone company I have dealt with, even better than GoDaddy which has some of the best.  I can rattle off stories of the times that cars were bought, claims paid and all kinds of things done with nothing but a fone call from 12,000 miles away on service so bad you had to stand up and yell into the fone...and the last thing they said was "we will deposit/take care of this, paperwork to follow"  Then 2 weeks later I sign off on a major loan or some other action that most companies would put you thru the wringer and a background check like you were buy a Quad 50 cal setup.

I have spent HOURS on the fone, sorting out investments, banking, auto ins, claims, homeowners you name it and never anyone saying they have to get off the fone nothing.  In fact My father never went to USAA and I went the first time to USAA in person nearly 2 years ago, done all my business via fone and now internet.

As a IT professional I can tell you that USAA has led the ins industry by decades in the automation area and doing business over the internet.

I stand behind 100%, because they have stood behind me and my familhy 100% since the 1940's...
Don
Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 05:29:07 AM »
Sorry you have had a bad experience, I never have.

I have never exp that and bewteen my dad and myself we have over 100 years of service, I have been with them for almost 50 years and their customer service is the best of anyone company I have dealt with, even better than GoDaddy which has some of the best.  I can rattle off stories of the times that cars were bought, claims paid and all kinds of things done with nothing but a fone call from 12,000 miles away on service so bad you had to stand up and yell into the fone...and the last thing they said was "we will deposit/take care of this, paperwork to follow"  Then 2 weeks later I sign off on a major loan or some other action that most companies would put you thru the wringer and a background check like you were buy a Quad 50 cal setup.

I have spent HOURS on the fone, sorting out investments, banking, auto ins, claims, homeowners you name it and never anyone saying they have to get off the fone nothing.  In fact My father never went to USAA and I went the first time to USAA in person nearly 2 years ago, done all my business via fone and now internet.

As a IT professional I can tell you that USAA has led the ins industry by decades in the automation area and doing business over the internet.

I stand behind 100%, because they have stood behind me and my familhy 100% since the 1940's...

Before I had children I was a casualty adjuster who worked for a very large insurance carrier where high quality customer service set us apart from the rest -- all but USAA.   They reigned supreme, but had a limited market.   

I had two accidents with a vehicle in the span of less than one year (neither my fault) and both claims were handled horrendously - from appraisal, to rental to subrogation.   I was more than appalled. 

They aren't deserving of praise anymore IMO. 

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 07:58:53 AM »
Before I had children I was a casualty adjuster who worked for a very large insurance carrier where high quality customer service set us apart from the rest -- all but USAA.   They reigned supreme, but had a limited market.   

I had two accidents with a vehicle in the span of less than one year (neither my fault) and both claims were handled horrendously - from appraisal, to rental to subrogation.   I was more than appalled. 

They aren't deserving of praise anymore IMO. 

On a PCS move from Ft Lewis Wa to Ft Monroe Va, I arrive about 9 in the eve Sat night, I have been driving for 24 hr straight.  I cannot find a place to stay EVERYTHING is booked, I go from motel to motel, finally I asked what the hell is going on?  Grateful Dead Concert.  I finally hit a place around 11 pm and he tells me to come back in 30 min, he has a late check in that should arrive any moment...I come back, they did not arrive and I get a room for about $100 bucks in the Empty Arms Notel.  I walk up tot he room with my brief case go in, set on the bed and fall asleep.  I wake up about 1hr later due to numb legs and head down to the car....THERE IS NO CAR!

I have all my military uniforms, guns, civy clothes etc etc in the Jeep SUV.  I now only haver my brief case with orders in it.

To make it worse, I am checking in Monday am and leaving TDY that afternoon for a week.

USAA was there, rental car, covered all my contents on just a 'well this is what I had'.

Jeep is found 3 weeks later after a run down to Miami to pick up a load of drugs and come back...I had written down my mileage when I arrived to see how long my trip was and when the found the Jeep which had been completely stripped the police asked if I knew my mileage and I said yes, we check and there was a diff of about 2400 miles.  Cop looked and 'drug run to Miami', they tested it for drugs then and found residue.

I put the Jeep in the local Jeep dealer and they begin to rebuild the Jeep, only they wanted to put USED parts on it and parts the Jeep did not come with as in base model parts.  I bought it new and the window sticker.  They lied to USAA claiming it was a base model and not the very top of the line.  I sent USAA the window sticker and they pulled it out and placed it in another dealer.

I get it and its exactly correct, this is sometime in May.  In January I finally have some time off and drive down to the beach, put it in 4x4 and it does not work...I had never bothered to even try 4x4.  I call USAA, tell them I did not check, should have but did not and no one at the dealer checked either in spite of saying they had.  They cost an additional $2300 bucks of which USAA paid it all.

LOL I get it out the shop and about 2 weeks later we have an ice storm, my next door neighbors tree snaps and falls over on my Jeep crushing it.  USAA is gonna fix (yea threw me too).  They cut the entire top of the car off and weld on a new one.  USAA send me a check for $3500 bucks, I decide to sell it and I get $10k for it + the $3500, I paid $16k for it and it now has 139,000 miles, Its an '85 and its Jan of '87...  It was a great Jeep...

At every point USAA went above and beyond, that is the only service I have ever had with them, above and beyond.  I have had my home broken into and cleaned out, USAA never balked on paying me for everything I listed and the house was stripped, even took the meat out of the freezer...
Don

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:29 AM »
On a PCS move from Ft Lewis Wa to Ft Monroe Va, I arrive about 9 in the eve Sat night, I have been driving for 24 hr straight.  I cannot find a place to stay EVERYTHING is booked, I go from motel to motel, finally I asked what the hell is going on?  Grateful Dead Concert.  I finally hit a place around 11 pm and he tells me to come back in 30 min, he has a late check in that should arrive any moment...I come back, they did not arrive and I get a room for about $100 bucks in the Empty Arms Notel.  I walk up tot he room with my brief case go in, set on the bed and fall asleep.  I wake up about 1hr later due to numb legs and head down to the car....THERE IS NO CAR!

I have all my military uniforms, guns, civy clothes etc etc in the Jeep SUV.  I now only haver my brief case with orders in it.

To make it worse, I am checking in Monday am and leaving TDY that afternoon for a week.

USAA was there, rental car, covered all my contents on just a 'well this is what I had'.

Jeep is found 3 weeks later after a run down to Miami to pick up a load of drugs and come back...I had written down my mileage when I arrived to see how long my trip was and when the found the Jeep which had been completely stripped the police asked if I knew my mileage and I said yes, we check and there was a diff of about 2400 miles.  Cop looked and 'drug run to Miami', they tested it for drugs then and found residue.

I put the Jeep in the local Jeep dealer and they begin to rebuild the Jeep, only they wanted to put USED parts on it and parts the Jeep did not come with as in base model parts.  I bought it new and the window sticker.  They lied to USAA claiming it was a base model and not the very top of the line.  I sent USAA the window sticker and they pulled it out and placed it in another dealer.

I get it and its exactly correct, this is sometime in May.  In January I finally have some time off and drive down to the beach, put it in 4x4 and it does not work...I had never bothered to even try 4x4.  I call USAA, tell them I did not check, should have but did not and no one at the dealer checked either in spite of saying they had.  They cost an additional $2300 bucks of which USAA paid it all.

LOL I get it out the shop and about 2 weeks later we have an ice storm, my next door neighbors tree snaps and falls over on my Jeep crushing it.  USAA is gonna fix (yea threw me too).  They cut the entire top of the car off and weld on a new one.  USAA send me a check for $3500 bucks, I decide to sell it and I get $10k for it + the $3500, I paid $16k for it and it now has 139,000 miles, Its an '85 and its Jan of '87...  It was a great Jeep...

At every point USAA went above and beyond, that is the only service I have ever had with them, above and beyond.  I have had my home broken into and cleaned out, USAA never balked on paying me for everything I listed and the house was stripped, even took the meat out of the freezer...

1987?   They have changed.  For the worse.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 05:47:32 AM »
We wanted to use them for home and auto, but got a better price with another company.