Author Topic: A comparison of sites using superstars  (Read 983 times)

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
A comparison of sites using superstars
« on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:55 PM »
I was just thinking a few minutes ago about one difference between CC. Before I begin I want to make clear that the difference to which I am referring is not our decency and common sense as compared to their cluelessness and wickedness.

Each side, as is often the case in life, has a superstar. For our side the superstar would have to be franksolich. Naturally, frank's a humble guy, the nicest guy one could ever hope to meet, so he wouldn't view himself as a superstar. His view is probably that he just does his job as a member and a moderator; however, the fact of how well he does his job is what has lifted him to superstar status. He's gotten into their heads. He's on their minds so often that they have changed the Bush Family Evil Empire (BFEE) into the Bush/Frank Evil Empire.

On DU's side the superstar changes with the times. Bouncy Ball reached superstar status for a while. TominTib was surely a superstar. Wee Willie Pitt was a superstar for a short period. Even poor, stupid beth made a short run at the top. Greenbriar/dentemjeep had constantly tried for superstar status but never has really reached it. Also, the smelly dude who is an internet laughing stock has seem to have made an attempt or two toward superstar status. None of them however, with the possible exception of TominTib, can hold a candle to DU's current superstar nadin. She claims to know everything. She claims to have done everything. She's so educated that she doesn't even have to spell words correctly, use punctuation, or even write coherent sentences. She is indeed special and her overwhelming arrogance just adds to her stardom.

With all of the above in mind, I've decided to do a quick comparison of the two superstars.

CC superstar franksolich:
Frank posts a lot. His posts are articulate, entertaining, and informative. When you get through reading a frank post you tend to know the point that he was attempting to get across. Also, every few posts or so he does drop a word or some knowledge that will have you (or at least me) scurrying to a dictionary or encyclopedia to find the meaning of the word or the story behind the knowledge. All in all I think this is a good thing because things like that can grow the reader's knowledge. The entire time he generally comes across as good ole sandhills frank.

DU superstar nadin:
Nadin doesn't seem to post as much as frank which is probably a good thing because her posts tend to be incomprehensible. A lot of her posts appear to be typed in nadinese or klingon or some other language or mixtures of languages. Maybe even Ewok. Dictionaries and encyclopedias usually won't help you with a nadin post. Once you devote some time to wade through her miss-spellings and errors in grammar you usually learn that she doesn't really know what she thinks she knows. If you happen to mention this to her, no matter how kindly, you are labeled a bully. In her mind and arrogance she thinks that she knows everything and has done everything so naturally she can't be wrong.

When the two superstars are compared which site do you think a normal, everyday kind of person would want to be a part of if he or she should stumble upon both sites?
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: A comparison of sites using superstars
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:01:32 PM »
Frank's posts are top notch and non-exclusive, and overall, they make you want to participate in contributing to CC. 
Frank is not the only poster here like that, though.  This website has many sharp minds, friendly faces, and inviting attitudes to offer to the public.

Nad's posts just make you want to poke your eyes out with a flaming stick.  Skin's Island only has vapid minds, Ugly (on the inside) faces, and poor attitudes to offer to the public. 

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:13:14 PM »
OK, we look at that.
Franksolich---Conservative and doesn't mind telling you.
Nads----Communist, and doesn't mind telling you.
Franksolich----Describes the beauty of the US.
Nads-----describes what she hates about the US.
Franksolich----You can read and understand what he says.
Nads----Not so much.
Franksolich---Makes you want to smile.
Nads---Wants to make you puke.
Franksolich---- has hair
Nads---not so much
Franksolich---- washes his
Nads---- not so much
Y'all get the picture. :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 07:43:04 AM »
At our old home, Hookemhorns was probably the biggest "super star" that resided there. Sadly she passed away a few years back, but she pretty much set up the template of the Best Worst of DU forum. After Kevin started this site Frank really stepped up and set the template for this place. We are lucky to have him here, he is witty, clever, and funny in an intelligent way. How the DUmmies can hate him baffles me, I don't expect them to agree with him, but hating him is out of line.

As for Nads she is just another dime a dozen moonbat who garners a lot of attention because of her superiority complex and English being a second language to her gives us a lot of Nadinisms. At least here at CC we can proud of our "superstar", the DUmp only tolerates Nads and it's anyone's guess at how long they will do so. 
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 07:47:17 AM »
I giggle when Frank cusses  :rofl:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 07:52:04 AM »
I giggle when Frank cusses  :rofl:

Back in 2008 a few of us went down to Savannah for a meet up, and we were talking about how amused we were that Frank was starting to cuss from time to time. Mother Theresa would have called the DUmmies mother ****ing idiots.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Charles Henrickson

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 08:04:42 AM »
Frank is prettier.
Co-host (with PJ-Comix) of the DUmmie FUnnies, both on Free Republic and at the DUmmie FUnnies' own blogspot.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 09:11:17 AM »
Frank is a tall, good looking man
nads is a weeble
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 09:19:31 AM »
nads is a weeble

My sister used to have Weebles.  Nads is far, far uglier than any Weeble.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

They also have hairlines similar to nadin's.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »
nads is a weeble

I really am interested in seeing him.  All I ever see is his back  :bawl:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »
How the DUmmies can hate him baffles me, I don't expect them to agree with him, but hating him is out of line.

It's because DUmbasses can't stand anything outside of their echo chamber.  To them there no such thing has honest disagreement.  Everyone must comply or get tombstoned. 
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 10:22:53 AM »
To understand nadin's posts, you have to think like an intelligence analyst and not just like a linquist specializing in Pidgin variants.  Unfortunately, this means actually trying to think like her, to get inside her head, and ignore reality, and that is both painful and difficult.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 11:37:20 AM »
Unfortunately, this means actually trying to think like her, to get inside her head, and ignore reality, and that is both painful and difficult.

How would you get the smell off of you when you're finished?     :rotf:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
To understand nadin's posts, you have to think like an intelligence analyst and not just like a linquist specializing in Pidgin variants.  Unfortunately, this means actually trying to think like her, to get inside her head, and ignore reality, and that is both painful and difficult.
Cripes, the first time I read over that, I could have sworn you said Pidgindeviants
Didn't bat an eye.  Read it again and cracked up. :lmao:
Going to go clean the readers right now.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »

Obviously, you've tried.  :o :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 02:05:34 PM »
I must get the proper spelling of bouncey correct. Anyone ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 02:42:18 PM »
Nothing like a smart guy who's also HAWT! Bet he's got a whole lot of groupies than Atman.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »
Atman would have a gropey, too....if he pulled his finger out of his nose.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »
Obviously, you've tried.  :o :tongue:

Yes, once in a great while I venture into the heart of darkness.  I have a love of tactical analysis, and it's served me well from small-unit troop-leading to litigation as an attorney.  Decrypting the Nadinese is rarely worth the pain, though.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
At our old home, Hookemhorns was probably the biggest "super star" that resided there. Sadly she passed away a few years back, but she pretty much set up the template of the Best Worst of DU forum. After Kevin started this site Frank really stepped up and set the template for this place. We are lucky to have him here, he is witty, clever, and funny in an intelligent way. How the DUmmies can hate him baffles me, I don't expect them to agree with him, but hating him is out of line.

As for Nads she is just another dime a dozen moonbat who garners a lot of attention because of her superiority complex and English being a second language to her gives us a lot of Nadinisms. At least here at CC we can proud of our "superstar", the DUmp only tolerates Nads and it's anyone's guess at how long they will do so. 

I miss HookemHorns. She died on Thanksgiving Day in 2005.  :( She was the reason we had Best/Worst of DU and her legacy lives on with it.

Nadin is histrionic and narcissistic.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Back in 2008 a few of us went down to Savannah for a meet up, and we were talking about how amused we were that Frank was starting to cuss from time to time. Mother Theresa would have called the DUmmies mother ****ing idiots.  :-)

Sorry I missed it.  Savannah being my home town and all.   :(

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 09:52:29 PM »
Sorry I missed it.  Savannah being my home town and all.   :(

I rode in the back of a squad car in Savannah once.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 11:38:01 PM »
OK, we look at that.
Franksolich---Conservative and doesn't mind telling you.
Nads----Communist, and doesn't mind telling you.
Franksolich----Describes the beauty of the US.
Nads-----describes what she hates about the US.
Franksolich----You can read and understand what he says.
Nads----Not so much.
Franksolich---Makes you want to smile.
Nads---Wants to make you puke.
Franksolich---- has hair
Nads---not so much
Franksolich---- washes his
Nads---- not so much
Y'all get the picture. :lmao:

You missed one....
Franksolich---- knows about the subject he's posting about
Nads---- doesn't have a ****ing clue about the subject she's posting about
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 11:51:36 PM »
Skul, you are cracking me up man, stop it!   :rotf: