Author Topic: Octopus Eats Shark  (Read 945 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Re: Octopus Eats Shark
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 09:15:58 PM »
This is why you should never trust anything that doesn't have a spine.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:25:03 PM »
This is why you should never trust anything that doesn't have a spine.

I was starting to wonder if anyone clicked the link and if I were alone in thinking "coolest thing ever!". (which on the internet has a shelf-life of about 22 minutes anyway)

:-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:34:45 PM »
I was starting to wonder if anyone clicked the link and if I were alone in thinking "coolest thing ever!". (which on the internet has a shelf-life of about 22 minutes anyway)

the video wasn't loading for me... I will try again dear.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 09:42:34 PM »
Ah, now I see.

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:49:24 PM »
Ah, now I see.

"Each week" they had "shark carcases" in the tank.  :rotf:

Can you imagine? "What's up with this guys?"  :rotf:

Dunno why that slays me.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »

I was interested:  primarily because I hit that aquarium at least once a year when I was growing up.

Don't think I ever saw that kind of 'Wild Kingdom' action when I was there though.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 10:14:25 PM »
OMG!  That is some video.  Just last week Vicki McKenna was talking about having a pet octopus once and how intelligent they are.  She had a feeder tank of blue gills for some other type of fish and one day she forgot to seal the octopus' tank and when she came home she thought it had gotten out and died until she followed its slime trail and found it on wall, it had gotten out of the tank and apparently was getting into the feeder tank.

It's no wonder that H. P. Lovecraft made one of his main villains and octopus god.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 10:18:56 PM »

Well, there's your problem.