Author Topic: The only way we're going to beat the Supreme Court at its own game, is to  (Read 379 times)

Offline CC27

Baitball Blogger (42,759 posts)

The only way we're going to beat the Supreme Court at its own game, is to

convince the Right that some of these laws are going to also take their rights away. i.e. Conservative women who are affected by stillbirths are not immune to what, medically, could go wrong. Or, prisoners who felt railroaded by an incompetent lawyer will get a wake up call. All under the rule of unintended consequences.

Bottomline, remember those testimonials that conservatives ran before every campaign, and it involved actors, not real victims? Well, do the same but be honest about the reenactments.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216872427

Yeah, that's the ticket...  :whatever:

Offline SVPete

Until DU-grade Proggies understand that the conservatives and conservative views they hate are honest, intelligent, thought through, and deeply held, DU-grade Proggies will not rise above unserious silliness such as Baitball Blogger posted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I suspect Republicans, conservatives, and the "right" are more respectful of the law of unintended consequences than are Democrats, liberals and the extreme left are; in fact, the latter doesn't even believe such law exists.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
At least the Republicans don't find witnesses willing to lie to congress when they can't locate actual collaborating witnesses to prove their point.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline ADsOutburst

Oh my.

If we're going to talk about things that dems support that might bite them in the ass, let's talk about ending the filibuster, depriving people of their legal rights (as with the 1/6 defendants), the surveillance state, etc. That should get us started.

Offline Mary Ann

And expanding the supreme court. That worked out so well for FDR.

Offline Mr Mannn

The only way we're going to beat the Supreme Court
is to go state to state passing a constitutional amendment. ERA failed. But you might pull this one off. or not.

But of course doing to legal thing isn't quite your style, is it Dummy?