Author Topic: SC Gun Ruling.. Dummies going bonkers.  (Read 697 times)

Offline RuralNc

SC Gun Ruling.. Dummies going bonkers.
« on: June 23, 2022, 11:58:35 AM »
So, so many threads at Skins DUmp. The morons over there are going bat crap crazy, and their inner need to control everybody is beginning to bubble to the surface. At least more then normal..

Lets take a peak.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216832160

Stinky The Clown (64,557 posts)

Posting again my idea for gun control

My impossible dream is to melt them. In the USA that will not happen. Soooooo . . . . .

Require all guns to be registered

Place Draconian penalties for not doing so

Require all privately owned guns be stored in approved armories

Allow owners to sign out guns at will for some finite period of time with no questions asked

Require signed out guns to be presented in person should owner wish to renew the sign out

Impose draconian penalty for ignoring this law

Existing gun laws and laws related to using a gun in a crime need not be changed except as they may be affected by this new system

I have held this notion for decades knowing the realty of our national inability to actually ban guns.

So you want to expand the .gov even more, creating more regulations and laws that Criminals wont follow anyways. Got it.

ripcord (3,128 posts)

1. How about insisting that gun laws be enforced?

Not dropping or plea bargaining down gun charges to a lesser charge would help.

Slow down there Ripcord. No reason for any such suggestion to simply follow the laws. Are you trying to get the hammer?

MichMan (6,921 posts)

4. Permit police to search people, vehicles, and homes for guns without having a warrant

or probable cause.

The common sense proposals you put forth need to be enforceable, especially the one stating that all private guns need to be stored in armories. Otherwise, people will just refuse to comply.

Anyone found to be in possession of one gets a mandatory 10 years in prison, no exceptions.

But this one is the most telling. This idiot wants Police to simply waltz on in, and take your private belongings. Without A warrant. Without Due Process. No probable cause. Nothing. And this being the same people that argue about police doing there job as is. And yall want to give them unilateral power.

DUmp lurkers. Seriously. Study history. I know yall have those Bama-phones. If you get the internet, feel free to google why that is a bad idea.

Offline Muddling 2

Re: SC Gun Ruling.. Dummies going bonkers.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 12:14:50 PM »
So, so many threads at Skins DUmp. The morons over there are going bat crap crazy, and their inner need to control everybody is beginning to bubble to the surface. At least more then normal..

Lets take a peak.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216832160

So you want to expand the .gov even more, creating more regulations and laws that Criminals wont follow anyways. Got it.

Slow down there Ripcord. No reason for any such suggestion to simply follow the laws. Are you trying to get the hammer?

But this one is the most telling. This idiot wants Police to simply waltz on in, and take your private belongings. Without A warrant. Without Due Process. No probable cause. Nothing. And this being the same people that argue about police doing there job as is. And yall want to give them unilateral power.

DUmp lurkers. Seriously. Study history. I know yall have those Bama-phones. If you get the internet, feel free to google why that is a bad idea.

New York City had "stop and frisk" for years, and it was effective in getting illegally possessed weapons off the streets.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 12:17:54 PM »
New York City had "stop and frisk" for years, and it was effective in getting illegally possessed weapons off the streets.

Touche'

I dont recall, but wasnt there stipulations? Like known gang members, or something like that? I could be wrong. But at any rate, stop ad frisk im pretty sure didnt allow the police to come into your home, or auto.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 12:49:11 PM »
Touche'

I dont recall, but wasnt there stipulations? Like known gang members, or something like that? I could be wrong. But at any rate, stop ad frisk im pretty sure didnt allow the police to come into your home, or auto.

I'd have to research it, but I believe you're on point.  Cops see someone "tatted up" loitering and do the "stop and frisk".  If he's holding illegally, off to the clink. 

I recognize the 4th A issues, but there's no doubt the policy did save lives.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 01:07:53 PM »
MichMan (6,921 posts)

4. Permit police to search people, vehicles, and homes for guns without having a warrant

or probable cause.

The common sense proposals you put forth need to be enforceable, especially the one stating that all private guns need to be stored in armories. Otherwise, people will just refuse to comply.

Anyone found to be in possession of one gets a mandatory 10 years in prison, no exceptions.

OK so someone plants a cheap .22 in your car and the alerts the police. Mandatory 10 years in prison, no exceptions.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 01:45:06 PM »

But it was RACIST!!! :thatsright:
 :racist:
And the courts stopped it.

It's against the liberals common sense to do something that is actually a solution.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 01:47:15 PM by Old n Grumpy »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 02:03:27 PM »
No need to start another thread, but from another DUmp rant, David Hogg is my favorite whipping post participant. Nobody is lesser qualified to speak on any topic then this Ball-Gag wearing wannabe Victim/CNN Host/Politician. Here he speaks his opinion which is now got a few DUmp members in a tizzy. Let the seeds of deception be sown you nitwits.. :fuelfire:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216832227

not sure how to bring over an image of a tweet, so its a direct copy and paste

Star Member highplainsdem (37,599 posts)

David Hogg: This "is a reversal of 200+ years of jurisprudence that will get Americans killed.

You are entitled to your opinion but not your own facts and like your own facts- you aren’t entitled to your own history. That’s exactly what this Supreme Court decision is- it is a reversal of 200+ years of jurisprudence that will get Americans killed.

:mental:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »
Not a DUmp thread but fits right in the motif:

Keith Olbermann Calls for Supreme Court to Be Dissolved over Pro-2A Ruling

Sports commentator Keith Olbermann responded to the Supreme Court’s pro-Second Amendment ruling Thursday by calling for the high court to be dissolved.

Breitbart News reported that SCOTUS struck down New York’s proper cause requirement for concealed carry, noting that the right to possess a gun for self-defense inside the home also applies to carrying a gun outside the home for personal safety.

Olbermann reacted by tweeting: “It has become necessary to dissolve the Supreme Court of the United States. The first step is for a state the ‘court’ has now forced guns upon, to ignore this ruling. Great. You’re a court? Why and how do think you can enforce your rulings?”

Eight minutes later he revealed his newest thought: “Hey SCOTUS, send the SCOTUS army here to enforce your ruling, you House of Lords radicals pretending to be a court.”

On June 2 Breitbart News noted Olbermann’s claim that the Second Amendment does not protect a right to “own” guns.

He tweeted, “Shove your ‘responsible gun owners’ crap up your ass. The 2nd Amendment does not include the word ‘own.’ There is no right.”

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2022/06/23/keith-olbermann-calls-supreme-court-be-dissolved-over-pro-2a-ruling/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 06:00:40 PM »

Also highly unconstitutional.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 01:29:06 AM »
ripcord (3,128 posts)

And that was brought on by??
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 05:54:02 AM »

And that was brought on by??

So close just a little more.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2022, 07:21:25 AM »
David Hogg: This "is a reversal of 200+ years of jurisprudence that will get Americans killed.

The NY law struck down is from 1913. Math are hard.

43 states are already shall issue states.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2022, 10:19:18 AM »
ripcord (3,128 posts)

DUchebag ripcord must have hit his head real hard for the momentary clarity. The fact of the matter is many, all in blue hellholes, illegal gun possessors get thee illegal possession of gun charge removed or pleaded down to nothing because those people are generally black. Another fun fact, most "gun" violence (70%+ for 6% of the population) is actually black males aged 11-55 violence.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 11:26:54 AM »
Also highly unconstitutional.

Quite true.  Also saved lives.  Honestly, I have mixed emotions on it. 
Robert A. Heinlein