Author Topic: Between Gas prices, Inflation and property taxes  (Read 551 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Between Gas prices, Inflation and property taxes
« on: June 23, 2022, 07:39:14 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216831572

samplegirl (9,438 posts)

Between Gas prices, Inflation and property taxes

we will be doing the usual…. No vacation in this house.
Gets a bit depressing as we are in our sixties.
Two more years till retirement and wondering if we will ever see a vacation.

And guess what?  The rest of the nation is all in the same boat and will remember this come November. 

But I didn't bring this over for the OP.  I brought it over for this.   :rotf:

Throck (2,368 posts)

1. We adjusted and vacation local.

Back yard luau and exotic suntan oil. Local PA beer and gourmet hot dogs. Youtube scenes of Hawaiian beaches.

Duncanpup (9,995 posts)

2. We should hang out

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Between Gas prices, Inflation and property taxes
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 07:44:52 AM »
Pale Ale beer or Pennsylvania beer?

Either way don't forget to thank Brandon!
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 07:48:36 AM »
Pale Ale beer or Pennsylvania beer?

Either way don't forget to thank Brandon!

To our friend duncanpup aka TEB, it doesn't matter what kind of beer, as long as there is beer and someone else is supplying it. 

I hope Throck has a BIG cooler, cause TEB will drink until it is gone!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 07:56:42 AM »
Had the DUmp morons invested their 14 cent savings from last year, maybe, just maybe a vacation would be in sight.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 08:22:13 AM »
BTW.
Brandon and his Muppets have continuously said he can't control the price of gas, but on the news this week he was talking about his efforts to bring down the price of gas. . . So which is it again?  :banghead:

Awesome news. Oil company CEOs will go to White House today for meeting on energy prices.

The completely predictable part? Biden is SKIPPING THE MEETING. After criticizing them all and calling them out. He is SKIPPING THE MEETING. With Americans paying record prices for energy.. HE IS SKIPPING THE MEETING. And it’s even at the White House! WTF!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:24:17 AM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 08:32:46 AM »
BTW.
Brandon and his Muppets have continuously said he can't control the price of gas, but on the news this week he was talking about his efforts to bring down the price of gas. . . So which is it again?  :banghead:

Awesome news. Oil company CEOs will go to White House today for meeting on energy prices.

The completely predictable part? Biden is SKIPPING THE MEETING. After criticizing them all and calling them out. He is SKIPPING THE MEETING. With Americans paying record prices for energy.. HE IS SKIPPING THE MEETING. And it’s even at the White House! WTF!

I read the letter from the CEO of Exxon and it was good.  Biden said they were sensitive, but I didn't get that tone from the letter.  It was more informative than anything.

He explained that while they may have profit of $23B this year, they lost $22B last year and had to take out a $300MM loan just to keep things moving during the pandemic.  None of that gets reported by the MSM.

Also, since I work in the O&G industry doing work in the plants, I can tell you the cost of what we provide to the plants was/is through the roof!  Just doing things pandemic related in the plants was incredibly expensive.  The plants would require us to bring our crews in in multiple vehicles.  A 16 person van could only have 4 people in it and they all had to be wearing masks.  Lunch breaks had to be broken up.  It was horrible and it cost the industry millions.

KC

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 09:18:34 AM »
Brandon and his Muppets have continuously said he can't control the price of gas, but on the news this week he was talking about his efforts to bring down the price of gas. . . So which is it again?

This is simple. If the price of gas goes down, even a fraction of a cent, it will be due to Joe the pedophile's economic brilliance. If the price of gas goes up, and it most assuredly will, this will NOT be due to Biden's anti-energy, anti-oil policies and is beyond his control. This was previously known as the "Obama Rule."
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 09:28:52 AM »
BTW.

They're doing that thing democrats do, cycle between a bunch of different arguments (perhaps trying to figure out which will work).

It's Putin's invasion. Actually, it's price gouging. Actually it's... (whatever cause).

The riots are justifiable anger! Also, it's secret Proud Boys who are causing the destruction. Also, let's bail out the rioters!

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 09:39:58 AM »

To our friend duncanpup aka TEB, it doesn't matter what kind of beer, as long as there is beer and someone else is supplying it. 

I hope Throck has a BIG cooler, cause TEB will drink until it is gone!

KC
...and then post incomprehensible drivel on DU. While blaming Boog.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 09:42:54 AM »
This is simple. If the price of gas goes down, even a fraction of a cent, it will be due to Joe the pedophile's economic brilliance. If the price of gas goes up, and it most assuredly will, this will NOT be due to Biden's anti-energy, anti-oil policies and is beyond his control. This was previously known as the "Obama Rule."

There was a post by a DUmp monkey about 5-6 months ago and evidently the price of gas in his town had dropped like $.03/gallon and the post was like; THANK YOU JOE BIDEN, YOU'RE DOING IT!!  We're almost through this and it's all because of Joe's policies.  We need to spread this far and wide.

The replies were all like; huh?  Where do you live?  Gas went up $.10 here. Etc...

:lmao:

KC

*Stolen

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 06:06:15 PM »
samplegirl (9,438 posts)

Two more years till retirement and wondering if we will ever see a vacation.

Makes me moist knowing you'll be retiring under Biden while the stock market is in the tank. I highly doubt us taking the house and senate will help anything, only slow down the demented fool. I foresee 2.5 more years of economic malaise. Anything a conservative congress proposes will be vetoed by Biden's handlers.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 06:23:43 PM »
For a real backyard summer vaca treat, don't forget the mini-tacos!   :-)
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 08:06:29 PM »
The OP laments he can't do a vacation this year.  I'll bet he was able to vacation when Trump was in office.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 08:35:24 AM »
The OP laments he can't do a vacation this year.  I'll bet he was able to vacation when Trump was in office.

All of these types of posts over there while Biden tells them we have the best economy ever, and fastest growth. They lap it up.

KC

*Stolen