Author Topic: A warning for DUmmy mopinko: CDC warns against snuggling with chickens  (Read 306 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
For those unfamiliar, our ol' "pal" mopinko raises chickens in her urban Chicago backyard, so thought this would be an appropriate warning for her. Consider it my compassionate conservative hint for the day.

CDC tells public to not 'kiss or snuggle' chickens, ducks, backyard poultry amid salmonella outbreaks

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) wants poultry owners to know that they should refrain from showing affectionate direct contact with feathery friends as salmonella infections rise.

In a recent investigation notice titled Salmonella Outbreaks Linked to Backyard Poultry, the health agency explained that domestic fowl like chickens and ducks can be salmonella carriers, so backyard flock owners should make sure to not "kiss or snuggle" these birds in order to avoid infection.

Salmonella is a bacterium that’s transmitted through fecal-oral contact and often causes food poisoning. Infections in humans typically occur when a person comes into contact with an animal or object that's been contaminated with fecal matter, according to the CDC.

Link to backyard chicken warning
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mary Ann

I wonder if that applies to "Blackie, the Ghost Chicken." Anyone remember that?

Offline Old n Grumpy

I wonder if that applies to "Blackie, the Ghost Chicken." Anyone remember that?

Sounds interesting, enlighten us.  :-)

Personally I think she is to ugly to catch anything!! :lmao: :lmao:

Keeping chickens cooped up in an suv should be against the law.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Sounds interesting, enlighten us.  :-)

Personally I think she is to ugly to catch anything!! :lmao: :lmao:

Keeping chickens cooped up in an suv should be against the law.

I think that tale pre-dates the Cave and was probably thoroughly mocked at CU almost 20 years ago. A good number of us were hanging around when The Subway Cat (Underground Panther) came up with her story.

From memory, UP at one point had a pet chicken named Blackie that had died. Well Blackie's ghost would still visit that nut job, and might still do. She/he/it posted about Blackie rather frequently.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline RuralNc

Doesnt Tunnel Cat sport a mohawk? It does resemble a Chicken Comb.