Author Topic: My recent retail experience  (Read 559 times)

Offline CC27

My recent retail experience
« on: June 20, 2022, 08:17:49 AM »
HAB911 (7,560 posts)

My recent retail experience
We always shopped at Pep Boys for auto parts, but they were bought by Carl Icahn and now only provide service, the parts stores were bought by Auto Zone. Went to Auto Zone yesterday and here is the feedback I sent to Corporate:

"My third and last visit to your new store #XXXX, found two behind the counter employees LOUDLY expressing blatant QAnon conspiracy theories about high gas prices including how the President, on day one, closed a pipeline and is now blaming V. Putin, and on and on and on. I did not bother to correct these two on the subject, I walked out of your store. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do not have to suffer listening to them. I have worked retail. One thing no one wants is personal opinions injected into their shopping experience. If these employees are not intelligent enough to know better than do this in front of customers, AutoZone has a personnel problem. I completed my purchase at the nearby Advance Auto Parts. Take this in the spirit offered, to correct things."

Reply received in two days:

Good afternoon
My name is Renee I am the district manager for the store XXXX.
I have received your issue you had at my store. I apologize about your experience and have already had a discussion with the employees at that store. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank you,
Renee
District Manager

I wonder if she actually talked to them and did anything about it?
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216820993

You are so full of shit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: My recent retail experience
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 08:22:09 AM »
That's a QAnon conspiracy theory? That sounded very much like... reality (or not far from it).

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 08:24:54 AM »
That's a QAnon conspiracy theory? That sounded very much like... reality (or not far from it).

I was thinking the same thing. Anything that stands contrary to the agenda must be a QAnon conspiracy. God help us all.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 08:33:50 AM »

Remember that, to a DUmbass, when it comes to anything they support, reality is a conspiracy theory.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 08:51:48 AM »
You are so full of shit.

Of all the things that never happened, this incident never happened the most.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 09:15:53 AM »
Reply received in two days:

Good afternoon
I have received your issue you had at my store. I apologize about your experience and have already had a discussion with the employees at that store. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank you,
Renee
District Manager

I wonder if she actually talked to them and did anything about it?

The district manager probably did talk to them and agreed that Brandon did shutdown the Keystone pipeline on his first day and also that he is an idiot that has exceeded Carter in incompetency to forever be know as the worst "president" in America's history.
Case closed.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 09:27:08 AM »
Good afternoon
I have received your issue you had at my store. I apologize about your experience and have, closed the store, fired the employees, had the manager flogged in the parking lot, buldozed the store and burned the remains. The property is now a monument to gay pride and trandgender rights. I hope this satisfies you. already had a discussion with the employees at that store. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank you,
Renee
District Manager
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 09:28:13 AM »
Shutting down Keystone is a Q conspiracy theory.  :rotf:

Sounds pretty bouncy to me.

And if it is a true story then the distract manger's reply is obviously just a canned response.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 09:32:09 AM »
MichMan (6,891 posts)

19. Would you have reported them if you agreed with their views?

For expressing political views in front of customers ?

OUCH!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2022, 09:42:36 AM »
Of all the things that never happened, this incident never happened the most.

I don't know, it might not be far from the truth.

When they claim they spontaneously came up with the perfect comeback to shut up a stranger in a waiting room or checkout line, yeah, I'm skeptical.

But a claim that they contacted a person's employer over something trivial, in the hopes of getting that person fired, or to feel more important? I totally believe they would do something like that. Worse things have happened.

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2022, 12:32:11 PM »
I first read that title as  "My recent RECTAL experience."

After reading the bouncy, I decided that was the proper title.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2022, 12:52:15 PM »
Quote from:
MichMan

19. Would you have reported them if you agreed with their views?

For expressing political views in front of customers ?

And the answer is (to the surprise of no one)....

Quote from:
HAB911 (7,562 posts)

22. Damn good question

Let me think............................

I probably would have let it slide.

Hypocrites.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 01:50:42 AM »
Renee's response sure looks like a form letter to me, made to be sent to the Karens and Chads that complain to the manager for some imagined slight by an employee.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe