Author Topic: Republicans control 37 states. Here's how they'll win/steal/**** America  (Read 395 times)

Online CC27

Cyrano (13,584 posts)

Republicans control 37 states. Here's how they'll win/steal/**** America

We all hope the January 6th Committee is making a difference. And if "justice" existed in this country, it would. However, here's a frightening piece by columnist Perry Bacon in today's WaPo:

About 45 percent of Americans live in the 25 GOP-dominated states, and about 40 percent in the 16 Democratic ones.

But these two Americas are not parallel. Republicans have been more effective at implementing a unified, national agenda through state legislatures and governors. They are also using state power in a more extreme way than Democrats, ... (They're) changing election laws and limiting abortion rights so aggressively that these state-level policies have become the center of national political fights.

Republicans are in an excellent position to grab all the levers of American power in this year's elections. They're preparing to take over the House (and perhaps even the Senate). They already own the Supreme Court. And if they own the congress, they'll own the presidency in 2024.

... (The) state divide is deepening over time. In 1992, ... (Republicans) controlled both the state legislature and the governor’s office in 19 states. Today, that number has nearly doubled, to 37. In four other states, ... (they have) ... such a large majority in the legislature they can override the veto of a governor from the opposing party.

The full op-ed link below shows color maps of just how ****ed we are.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/06/20/gop-making-national-policy-one-state-time/
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216822332

Calm down shit bag

Online 67 Rover

NanceGreggs (27,121 posts)

Diminishing Returns

The Republican party is shrinking - and it's by their own design.

(blah, blah, blah)

I'm confused.
This idiot Nance said we are shrinking but Cyrano thinks the dems are f***ed .  Which is it? Could it be possible that Nance is lying to me?

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist

I'm confused.
This idiot Nance said we are shrinking but Cyrano thinks the dems are f***ed .  Which is it? Could it be possible that Nance is lying to me?

Oh, my!! That is odd.

It’s almost as if the self-described smartest people in the universe are confused.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpDiver

Republicans are in an excellent position to grab all the levers of American power in this year's elections.

Let's hope so.

(Minus the RINOs and swampers of course.)

Offline ADsOutburst

(Re)acquaint yourselves with the phrase "Constitutional Convention", dems.  :-)

Offline Mr Mannn

We all hope the January 6th Committee is making a difference. And if "justice" existed in this country, it would. However, here's a frightening piece by columnist Perry Bacon in today's WaPo:

About 45 percent of Americans live in the 25 GOP-dominated states, and about 40 percent in the 16 Democratic ones.

But these two Americas are not parallel. Republicans have been more effective at implementing a unified, national agenda through state legislatures and governors. They are also using state power in a more extreme way than Democrats, ... (They're) changing election laws and limiting abortion rights so aggressively that these state-level policies have become the center of national political fights.

Republicans are in an excellent position to grab all the levers of American power in this year's elections. They're preparing to take over the House (and perhaps even the Senate). They already own the Supreme Court. And if they own the congress, they'll own the presidency in 2024.

... (The) state divide is deepening over time. In 1992, ... (Republicans) controlled both the state legislature and the governor’s office in 19 states. Today, that number has nearly doubled, to 37. In four other states, ... (they have) ... such a large majority in the legislature they can override the veto of a governor from the opposing party.

The full op-ed link below shows color maps of just how ****ed we are.
DUmmy treats this like Armageddon, But I just smell freedom.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

blah blah blah...  :blah: :blah: :blah:

...The full op-ed link below shows color maps of just how ****ed we are.

C'mere Cryano...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Cyrano (13,586 posts)

11. We need a bigger megaphone

Fox "news" is heard by millions. It seems that we are heard by countless dozens.

ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, CNNHLN, Comedy f'n Central, NPR, PBS, anything HBO, f'n DISNEY, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. aren't enough?

Sit down, dipshit. It's your message that is T-Total bullshit. Biden is polling lower than Trump now all while getting sucked off by the MSM. Think about that, DUmbasses. The MSM spent 4 YEARS tearing down Trump and he still polled higher at the same time in his presidency.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Lib turds motto: We don't lose elections, they are stolen. See Algore, Lurch Kerry, Cankles Clinton, Stacey Abrams, et al.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Elessar Zappa (8,392 posts)

12. I think our best bet is

to fully utilize social media. So many people are brainwashed by Facebook and Twitter. We need a team that focuses solely on social media.

You own those too, DUmbass  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Mr Mannn

Controlling 37 states means they pretty much have a RED WAVE is coming your way.
Learn to swim, boys.

Offline Karin

DUmmie tears:

Star Member SharonAnn (13,281 posts)

5. ...
Now, at 77, I'm just plain tired. I can hardly bear the number of MAGATs that I have to deal with. And I truly don't know what will make things any better. I've been optimistic all my life, until about 6 months ago, and just feel numb now.

Your "greatest president of all time" was in charge 6 months ago.  What's the problem?

Offline ADsOutburst

11. We need a bigger megaphone

Fox "news" is heard by millions. It seems that we are heard by countless dozens.

You have the megaphone. You are heard by 'countless dozens' because that is how many want to hear you.

Online 67 Rover

DUmmie tears:

Your "greatest president of all time" was in charge 6 months ago.  What's the problem?

Most likely on a fixed income and dealing with Biden's hyperinflation and recession.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer