Author Topic: Diminishing Returns  (Read 477 times)

Offline DUmpDiver

Diminishing Returns
« on: June 19, 2022, 08:24:24 AM »
NanceGreggs (27,121 posts)

Diminishing Returns

The Republican party is shrinking - and it's by their own design.

(blah, blah, blah)

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216817995

No, it's not, you drunkard. And you have SloJo to thank for that.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/political-party-preferences-shifted-greatly-during-2021.aspx

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Diminishing Returns
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 08:41:39 AM »
Eve if that were true, independents right now are looking at democrats and being like "Uh... pass".

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 09:09:01 AM »
Star Member NanceGreggs (27,121 posts)

Diminishing Returns

They don't want LGBT people, they don't want people of colour. They don't want immigrants - especially those of the non-Aryan variety. They don't want intelligent people who believe in science, and they don't want educated people who are literate and actually read.

They don't want people with enough common sense to know when they're being scammed, or recognize when they're being lied to.

They don't want people who ask questions - or people who don't accept being spoon-fed answers.

They don't want non-Christians - which includes people who choose to follow Christ's teachings, and refuse to abandon the principles taught by the Nazarene.

They don't want people who reject the idea that all problems can be solved by a gun, that all differences can be settled by violence, that all arguments can be won by a show of arms.

They don't want people who choose democracy over authoritarianism, who prefer honesty over hypocrisy, and who have decided that freedom is a right and not something to be doled-out by politicians if and when they choose to do so.

Where all of this is heading is obvious. Eventually, there will be only two groups of Republicans left: the politicians that remind the dwindling faithful who they are permitted to accept as part of their ranks, and the dwindling faithful who continue to fund their campaigns and elect them.

As is always the case with the GOP, they never bother to think things through. Every demographic they vilify, scorn, dismiss as undesirable is a demographic whose votes they've lost forever.

I, for one, look forward to the inevitable implosion when the Republicans realize that the ignorant, illiterate, knuckle-dragging sheep they've based all their hopes on aren't enough to elect them as dog-catchers.

Just posted the whole drunken rant for context. How does she explain Hispanics voting Republican in droves?  Pretty soon they're going to start calling Hispanics "White Adjacent", as they already deride Asian-Americans in that vile manner.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 09:27:25 AM »
They don't want people who choose democracy over authoritarianism, who prefer honesty over hypocrisy, and who have decided that freedom is a right and not something to be doled-out by politicians if and when they choose to do so.

Wait, I missed this. I can't believe a democrat said this.

Oh wait, I can. They have no sense of irony and are basically self-satirizing.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 09:37:39 AM »
There she goes again. In her inebriated state, she's confused her mirror for her TV.

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 10:02:13 AM »
OMG. I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I will, for the benefit of all of our guests.
Star Member NanceGreggs (27,121 posts)

Diminishing Returns

They don't want LGBT people, We don't care what they do in the privacy of their own homes or bedrooms; but we don't like the in-your-face-LOVE-my-lifestyle version of LGBT that the Ds seem to want. they don't want people of colour. Like Byron Donalds, TW Shannon, Tim Scott, Winsome Sears and that new-fangled brand of "white supremacist" Larry Elder? They don't want immigrants - especially those of the non-Aryan variety. Like Mayra Flores, you mean? Besides, no one I know opposes LEGAL immigration; it's the masses of unvetted strangers that are sneaking into the country. They don't want intelligent people who believe in science, and they don't want educated people who are literate and actually read. Actually, we would love it if every voter were educated enough to know and understand the Constitution. There are plenty of intelligent and educated people who think the Ds have gone completely off the rails, and will be voting R as a result.

They don't want people with enough common sense to know when they're being scammed, or recognize when they're being lied to. Oh, Irony! Thy name is Nance Greggs!)

They don't want people who ask questions - or people who don't accept being spoon-fed answers. Well, I for one have plenty of questions--which sure won't be answered by President Poopy Pants, or Karine Jean-Pierre.

They don't want non-Christians wrong - which includes people who choose to follow Christ's teachings, and refuse to abandon the principles taught by the Nazarene. What do you know about Christ's teachings, you ignorant heathen.

They don't want people who reject the idea that all problems can be solved by a gun, that all differences can be settled by violence, that all arguments can be won by a show of arms. How dumb can one DUmmie be?

They don't want people who choose democracy over authoritarianism, who prefer honesty over hypocrisy, and who have decided that freedom is a right and not something to be doled-out by politicians if and when they choose to do so. Says an adherent of the party of lockdowns, mask mandates, and vaccines-or-else!

Where all of this is heading is obvious. Eventually, there will be only two groups of Republicans left: the politicians that remind the dwindling faithful who they are permitted to accept as part of their ranks, and the dwindling faithful who continue to fund their campaigns and elect them.

As is always the case with the GOP, they never bother to think things through. Every demographic they vilify, scorn, dismiss as undesirable is a demographic whose votes they've lost forever. Lots of us--of all colors, races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientation see ourselves first and foremost as AMERICANS, and intend to vote like AMERICANS and not hyphenated whatevers.

I, for one, look forward to the inevitable implosion when the Republicans realize that the ignorant, illiterate, knuckle-dragging sheep they've based all their hopes on aren't enough to elect them as dog-catchers. And I, for one am looking forward to
election night 2022, when I will be watching the DUmp meltdown when they realize they have been washed away by the historic read wave..

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 10:12:08 AM »
I think widder (as in "widow") Nan is expressing more of a hope than an expectation.

All my life, which hasn't been a short one, I've heard about the imminent disappearance of the Republican party.

Welcome to November 2022, and thereafter.

And one has to keep in mind the Democrat party is the party of abortion, which has certainly retarded their own growth.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »
I think widder (as in "widow") Nan is expressing more of a hope than an expectation.

All my life, which hasn't been a short one, I've heard about the imminent disappearance of the Republican party.

Welcome to November 2022, and thereafter.

And one has to keep in mind the Democrat party is the party of abortion, which has certainly retarded their own growth.
In my junior year of college I had a class entitled, "History of Political Parties." The professor predicted that Watergate was the death knell of the Republican Party. He predicted that it would wither away to just a regional party. A year-and-a-half later we had the Reagan Revolution, which saved us from the disaster that was Jimmy Carter.

If that professor were still around today, I wonder if he would predict that the Democrat Party will become the party of weirdos, criminals, and drug addicts.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 10:49:58 AM »
In my junior year of college I had a class entitled, "History of Political Parties." The professor predicted that Watergate was the death knell of the Republican Party. He predicted that it would wither away to just a regional party. A year-and-a-half later we had the Reagan Revolution, which saved us from the disaster that was Jimmy Carter.

If that professor were still around today, I wonder if he would predict that the Democrat Party will become the party of weirdos, criminals, and drug addicts.

He probably would have predicted "demographics are destiny", and that that would have been the death of the republican party.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 11:16:51 AM »
Quote from:
They don't want non-Christians - which includes people who choose to follow Christ's teachings, and refuse to abandon the principles taught by the Nazarene.

That's a really odd statement since I have never met a non-Christian who chose to follow the teachings of Christ and followed His principles. The very definition of a non-Christian is someone who rejects Christ. Someone who rejects Christ automatically rejects His teachings and principles.

The only type of individual who would make a statement like that would be someone who doesn't understand Christianity (though, no doubt if you asked them, they would claim they do).

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 12:21:35 PM »
Look at this intellectual genius:

rubbersole (221 posts)

6. And Florida and Texas are the peach tree dish. n/t

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 12:49:36 PM »
Look at this intellectual genius:

rubbersole (221 posts)

6. And Florida and Texas are the peach tree dish. n/t

I expect nothing less from the self-described "smartest discussion board on the internet".

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2022, 12:52:14 PM »
OMG. I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I will, for the benefit of all of our guests.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm going to add one more to this:

They don't want people who ask questions - or people who don't accept being spoon-fed answers.

But don't you dare question Saint Smurf Lab-Coat tyrant Dr. Fauci, masks, or vaccines.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2022, 01:04:47 PM »
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm going to add one more to this:

But don't you dare question Saint Smurf Lab-Coat tyrant Dr. Fauci, masks, or vaccines.
Great addition, Ralphie!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2022, 06:54:08 PM »
Just posted the whole drunken rant for context. How does she explain Hispanics voting Republican in droves?  Pretty soon they're going to start calling Hispanics "White Adjacent", as they already deride Asian-Americans in that vile manner.

Does the name "George  Zimmerman" ring a bell?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.