Author Topic: Townhouse Trash - The New Underclass?  (Read 405 times)

Offline CC27

Townhouse Trash - The New Underclass?
« on: June 17, 2022, 11:52:06 AM »
MineralMan (143,844 posts)

Townhouse Trash - The New Underclass?

Since we moved to a western Twin Cities suburb, we subscribed to the local weekly newspaper. In it, yesterday, I learned that the city we live in has put a moratorium on rental licenses. Apparently, too many homes were being bought up to become rental units, rather than the homeowner-occupied homes that are more desirable. Clearly, the idea is to control the number of "riff-raff" folks living here.

However, the city makes an exception for townhomes. Those are OK to rent out, it seems. A city official stated, "I haven't seen a single house here sold for under $300,000 in over a year." He's wrong. I know of three townhomes like ours that sold last year in the 200s. See, he doesn't consider townhomes to be real houses. It's OK to rent them out, too, so the "riff-raff" will have someplace to live, after all. They don't count. There are dozens of small developments in this city full of quad home townhomes. Most were built in the 70s and 80s, like the one we bought.

Meanwhile, this suburb, like all Twin Cities suburbs is becoming more diverse. I don't think the city's politicians like that very much. Nope. They're trying to keep "those people" in specific areas, it seems. Townhouse Trash. That's what we are.

I wonder if similar stuff is going on in other suburbs...

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216812251

You are condescending trash so.

Offline Muddling 2

Re: Townhouse Trash - The New Underclass?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 01:00:08 PM »
You are condescending trash so.

So, MM would prefer they squat in tents on sidewalks or under highway overpasses?
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »
Sounds like even the whacko leftist politicians that run the Twin Cities consider rockhead to be Townhouse Trash.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 01:34:24 PM »
I wonder if MM knows the difference between a single family residence and a townhome?

He doesn’t own his whole home. Just the inside and the dirt under it. His exterior is maintained by an HOA or a management firm or someone who owns the complex.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 02:14:42 PM »
Apparently, too many homes were being bought up to become rental units, rather than the homeowner-occupied homes that are more desirable. Clearly, the idea is to control the number of "riff-raff" folks living here.

Then how did the HOA let riff-raff such as yourself in?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 02:31:00 PM »
MM is  one of those dummies that have always been class conscious, like Pam. He received a modest inheritance when his parents died a couple of years ago, and he has been talking about money ever since.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 05:15:56 AM »
So, MM would prefer they squat in tents on sidewalks or under highway overpasses?

Yes and somewhere far away so MM can complain about EEEEvil capitalism while not having to deal directly with the results of ACTUAL liberal policies.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 06:55:05 PM by freedumb2003b »
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2022, 09:26:46 AM »
MM is  one of those dummies that have always been class conscious, like Pam. He received a modest inheritance when his parents died a couple of years ago, and he has been talking about money ever since.

and this was just his most recent self-manufactured way of bragging to the other DUmmies that he thinks he better than most of them.
SS, DD.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 03:51:15 PM »
DUmbass MineralMan only owns to the pint of his "townhouse." Nothing more.... well he does own the maintenance of his and everyone else's townhouse and common areas.

Also those racist politicians, if this the twin cities are all democrats. Not a republican to be found for the last 5+ decades.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.