Author Topic: Libs triggered by DeSantis joke about Elon and his "African-American" support  (Read 261 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Ron DeSantis’ joke about ‘African-American support’ from Elon Musk slammed by liberal media: ‘This is sick’

Members of the liberal mainstream media didn’t appreciate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ joke about having Elon Musk’s support on Wednesday.

After the Tesla CEO announced that he voted for a Republican for the first time ever on Twitter, Musk also mentioned that he was leaning towards supporting DeSantis as a presidential candidate in 2024.

When DeSantis was informed of Musk's support, he told the press that while he’s primarily focused on the 2022 gubernatorial election, he welcomes "support from African-Americans," referencing Musk, who is White and was born in South Africa.

Many mainstream media pundits attacked this quip by interpreting it in the most uncharitable light possible, suggesting that the joke reveals DeSantis’ racism.

"If [sic] said before that @GovRonDeSantis is a humorless, more openly fascist version of Trump. Here he is displaying the former quality in that for him, ‘humor’ means mocking Black Americans with his own, idiotic and offensive version of replacement theory. Black Floridians take note," MSNBC host Joy Reid tweeted.

"Is there a joke somewhere in here? I don’t get it," CNN commentator and "The View" co-host Ana Navarro wrote.

CNN legal analyst Norm Eisen tweeted, "I understand the ugliness of what he‘s doing here because I am a member of a minority too. We are not a punch line & neither are Black Americans. Jokes about skin color & physical features have no place. This is sick."

F*ck all these people," The Nation correspondent Elie Mystal wrote.

ABC contributor Yvette Simpson tweeted, "And we thought we couldn’t do worse than Donald Trump. They are saying the ‘racist part out loud’ and laughing about it. No more white sheets—-it’s all out in the open now."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ron-desantis-joke-african-american-support-elon-musk-liberal-media

Explain to me what is racist, you loons. :mental: :mental: :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
If you accept the "out of Africa" theory then we are all African-Americans.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
If you accept the "out of Africa" theory then we are all African-Americans.

Charlize Theron is also an African-American. Was listening to the golf coverage this morning and they mentioned a couple of prominent players who they said were South African born, but are now American citizens.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender