Author Topic: The voters face a difficult choice:  (Read 473 times)

Offline CC27

The voters face a difficult choice:
« on: June 15, 2022, 08:50:54 AM »
kentuck (105,689 posts)

Do they vote for high gas prices and high inflation or do they vote to end democracy as we have known it? It is that simple for many Americans.

For those that do not think, it is no choice at all. They do not think twice about losing their freedom. A simple letter at the end of a name, a "D" or an "R", can fix all the problems we are now facing. It is not difficult for them to choose.

Some voters are beaten down with apathy. They have become discouraged and uninterested in politics. These are the voters that must understand that their votes are important. Their vote is not just for them, it is for all of us.

The times have made it even more difficult to stay involved.

But, they must muster the strength to continue the fight. They must study the choices very carefully. They must understand that some problems are temporary but some solutions are permanent.

Regardless of present economic conditions, they must be persuaded to vote for democracy. If they lose that, it is very likely they will never get it back. They must understand that their vote is crucial to the survival of our country

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216802535

Pure retard.

Offline Karin

Re: The voters face a difficult choice:
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 09:01:56 AM »
OK I read the first sentence and then no more.  Idiots have been trying this out on twitter and it's just moronic.  "High gas prices or democracy? Your choice."  The posters always get absolutely hammered.  Whoever thought up this talking point needs to be taken outside and shot. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 09:13:42 AM »
Oh, I assure Ken Tuck that I don't need persuaded; I've already decided to vote (R) this year in an attempt to save democracy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 09:18:15 AM »

kentuck (105,689 posts)

Do they vote for high gas prices and high inflation or do they vote to end democracy as we have known it? It is that simple for many Americans.
After YEARS of claiming that R voters "vote against their best interests," this clown thinks they should vote for high gas prices and high inflation??? In what universe is out-of-control inflation in anyone's best interests? My younger son, who has been disillusioned with politics since his college years (over 20 years ago) has told us he will be voting this year, and he will be voting Republican. The reason? High gas prices and high inflation.

Also, I have asked this before, and I would love to hear from any of our guests: In what way is democracy endangered by Republicans??? Sign up, "Guests," and answer my question.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 09:21:21 AM »
After all these years of saying that Republicans were going to bring down democracy in the U.S. and it has never happened you'd think they'd try something different. The only group that has tried to bring down freedom in America is the Democrats. Daily they attempt to end the first and second amendments, they violently protest anything they disagree with, lobby to retain the ability to murder (sacrifice) their children and when they don't get their way in government they advocate changing the government to give them the advantage.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 09:24:41 AM »
Rather standard Ken Tuck garbage and leftist propaganda. And they think this meme calling everyone a "MAGA" or "ULTRA-MAGA" Republican is a slur. Most conservatives take that label as a badge of honor.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 09:33:56 AM »
Rather standard Ken Tuck garbage and leftist propaganda. And they think this meme calling everyone a "MAGA" or "ULTRA-MAGA" Republican is a slur. Most conservatives take that label as a badge of honor.

Calling someone names when you disagree with them is easier than proving them wrong and may make you feel superior but it does nothing to put food on the table or gas in the tank.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 09:34:56 AM »
OK I read the first sentence and then no more.  Idiots have been trying this out on twitter and it's just moronic.  "High gas prices or democracy? Your choice."  The posters always get absolutely hammered.  Whoever thought up this talking point needs to be taken outside and shot.

That is a stupid proposal and I totally reject the premise. We can have both lower gas prices and democracy. In fact, I could successfully argue that high gas prices (inflation) is the enemy of democracy.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2022, 09:40:15 AM »

I like how you think!! the liberal politicians also need to face a firing squad!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 09:42:03 AM »
I will be voting for 2A and my 401K because family first .
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2022, 09:58:03 AM »
Should voters vote for being able to eat, be warm in winter, drive, protect themselves, and retire or vote for democrat fascism?

There fixed it for you DUmbass.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2022, 09:59:41 AM »
kentuck: People voting means the end of democracy.

Teh stooped! It burns!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 10:02:24 AM »
Quote from:
Freddie

2. So what are the R's "solutions" to high gas prices and inflation?
Crickets. They don’t have any. Just blame.

It’s easy to find out what the solutions are the R’s have proposed. It mainly involves “Drill baby, drill!!!”.

But the left tell themselves these lies and since they never leave the cocoon, they believe only each other. Meanwhile, in the real world, people are suffering and correctly blaming Democrats and leftists, and the primitives don’t understand why. There’s times I try to feel sad for them, but I can’t, they’ve done this to themselves.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2022, 10:06:08 AM »
Freddie

Put everything back the way you found it on day 1. :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2022, 10:12:53 AM »
It’s easy to find out what the solutions are the R’s have proposed. It mainly involves “Drill baby, drill!!!”.

More to the point, one only has to look back to just prior to Sponge Brain Shit Pants - a mere 18 months ago (or two partial birth abortions, for those of you lurking DUmbasses from Rio Linda) taking the throne to see what the effects of conservative fiscal policy looks like, and what Republicans are proposing we go back to.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 10:57:47 AM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2022, 10:43:20 AM »
Freddie (8,142 posts)

You clowns don't listen to the right very often then. That's abundantly clear.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2022, 03:14:17 PM »
Top Biden economic advisor Bharat Ramamurti says Biden is "sympathetic" to Americans concerned about gas prices, inflation, and market losses — but they "need to take a step back" because they're actually "doing very, very well."

Undo everything Biden and his communist junta has done to the energy sector since the first minute he was illegally installed. In a matter of days the price of oil would be well below $100. In weeks it would be in the $80 range.

**** DUmmys are dumb and should be used for hard labor and fed little to nothing, and they could go a long time before getting normal sized, to provide the barest sliver of any possible contribution to society.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2022, 09:40:36 PM »
After YEARS of claiming that R voters "vote against their best interests," this clown thinks they should vote for high gas prices and high inflation??? In what universe is out-of-control inflation in anyone's best interests? My younger son, who has been disillusioned with politics since his college years (over 20 years ago) has told us he will be voting this year, and he will be voting Republican. The reason? High gas prices and high inflation.

Also, I have asked this before, and I would love to hear from any of our guests: In what way is democracy endangered by Republicans??? Sign up, "Guests," and answer my question.
I was pondering this just the other day. Democrats always profess to be the party of the poor, the downtrodden,  the hopeless. How does double digit inflation help the poor? How does $5 plus gas help them? Quadruple building supply costs? California money driving away a first home for a 20 something Midwesterner? It doesn't. People always vote from their pocketbook, that's how it has always been. Deep down they know this. The equality they are always harping about is equality of misery and failure.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2022, 10:00:15 PM »

The REAL choice is "High Prices or Mean Tweets?"
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2022, 04:12:25 AM »
The REAL choice is "High Prices or Mean Tweets?"

You should enter that one in the DUmmie bumper sticker competition. :naughty:

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2022, 10:24:34 AM »
kentuck (105,689 posts)

It's not a hard choice at all DUmbass. The simple choice, in deference to your stupidity, is to not vote for Democrats and those that support them. If one does vote for Democrats, not only are they voting for high gas prices and inflation but they are also voting to end democracy as we have known it. In other words, as you morons keep saying, a vote for a democrat is a vote against your best interests.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe