Author Topic: Insanity Wrap: California Is Officially a S***hole Country  (Read 238 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Insanity Wrap: California Is Officially a S***hole Country
« on: June 14, 2022, 12:11:32 PM »
Ah, yes. When Neil Diamond sang his song about LA in 1971, even he at that time knew the "Golden State" would become the "Shithole State."

Insanity Wrap, a pen name for Steven Green aka Vodkapundit, a pundit for PJMedia, captured the latest accounts of how Commiefornians are fleeing the land of high taxes, high crime, Covid lockdowns, high cost of living, and No Hope.

And note we ain't even talkin' about the next earthquake.  :whistling:

Welcome to Insanity Wrap, an entire week’s worth of lefty nuttiness wrapped up in one easy-to-swallow capsule of news. California’s demotion to “s***hole country” is this week’s (not entirely unexpected) big crazy.

Plus:

TikToker feeling that Stalinist pride
Paul Pelosi is looking pretty lit
AOC is almost right about gun control being racist
Before we get to today’s big story, here’s a short video to make you lose whatever little faith you might still have in humanity.

This Is Not a Sane World, Exhibit #1,000,006:

.@wye_hill in N.C. canceled a reservation for a conservative group of moms. They were scheduled to enjoy happy hour at the brewery.

This woman took credit for the cancellation and bragged on TikTok about using vague threats against the restaurant. https://t.co/ECu0vtHoxk pic.twitter.com/rNnchAVN4H

— Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) June 13, 2022

Wye Hill Kitchen & Brewing — which bills itself as “righteously good chef-driven bar food” — is the restaurant that canceled Moms 4 Liberty’s reservation.

I’m guessing they’re getting some blowback because Wye Hill’s Twitter account has been locked down.

But the worst part is “Katherine 4 Justice” and the smug superiority she feels for her despicable actions.

California: S***hole Country

Californians turning to Mexico to flee high prices, crime

The lyric of “I Am… I Said” has aged even worse than 1971 clothing fashion.

L.A.’s fine, the sun shines most the time
And the feeling is laid back
Palm trees grow and rents are low
But you know I keep thinkin’ about
Making my way back

In ’71, L.A.-based Neil Diamond was thinking of making his way back to New York.

In recent years, Angelenos and San Franciscans have been fleeing to places like Austin, Denver, or Miami.

But in increasingly pre-modern postmodern California, people are escaping to Mexico.

“I would say at least half are coming down from California,” Darrell Graham of Baja123 Real Estate Group said about real estate trends he has seen.

“Suddenly the cost of taxes, the crime rates, the politics, all the things that people are unhappy with in California are are coming down to Mexico.”

California is the second most expensive state to live in after Hawaii, according to Credit Karma.

At least Hawaii is well-maintained. Californians pay through the nose for everything, including government, but what they get for their money is “urban campers” and their state-sponsored opioid flea markets, rolling brownouts, raging fires due to poor forestry, crappy streets, high crime, defunded police, the occasional commie district attorney, and more.

Or should I say “and less?”

Plus: “The median price of a home in California is about $797,470, which only a quarter of the state’s households could afford in Q4 2021.”

It’s safe to say that with a typical home being out of reach of a typical Californian, there’s not really a middle class, as properly understood, left there — just like your typical Third World nation.

If we were somehow able to boot California out of the Union, it would fit under Donald Trump’s crude-but-correct “s***hole country” label.

Mexico — with its raging drug wars (more than 44,000 people murdered since 2007), infamously corrupt government, and often subpar infrastructure — is becoming preferable to progressively woke California.

“Sure, in Mexico I might get beheaded by a cartel thug,” you can imagine some Angeleno saying. “But my odds aren’t much better in L.A. and at least I can afford the rent in Ensenada.”

“And I hear the Mexican food there is pretty good.”

The rest is at the link.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2022/06/14/insanity-wrap-california-is-officially-a-shole-country-n1605353
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Insanity Wrap: California Is Officially a S***hole Country
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 12:31:02 PM »
It put me in mind of one of those sand/oil things where when you tip it over one starts running to the bottom and the other to the top ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen