Author Topic: Teamsters Warn Potential Work Stoppages Could Have Major Impact on East Coast Fo  (Read 348 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Teamsters Warn Potential Work Stoppages Could Have Major Impact on East Coast Food Service Industry
https://teamster.org/2022/06/teamsters-warn-potential-work-stoppages-could-have-major-impact-on-east-coast-food-service-industry/

US Foods Accused of Unfair Labor Practices as Executives Deal with Growing Number of Unresolved Labor Contracts

(WASHINGTON) – The Teamsters Warehouse Division and numerous Teamster locals currently in contract negotiations with US Foods [NYSE: USFD] are putting the foodservice giant on notice that work stoppages are imminent. Workers at a growing number of US Foods Distribution Centers throughout the East Coast are considering the possibility of walking off the job following an increasing number of unresolved labor contracts.

Workers at several of these locations say the company has violated federal labor laws, and US Foods is currently being investigated by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) for several allegations of unfair labor practices (ULPs). The allegations include illegal terminations, unilaterally changing working conditions and bargaining in bad faith with union representatives.

“US Foods executives seem more interested in how they can violate the rights of their essential employees than they do in offering them a fair return on their work. My members have patiently tried to work in good faith to negotiate an agreement, but they’ve had enough,” said Todd Robertson, President of Teamsters Local 171 in Salem, Va.

A work stoppage is possible for US Foods Distribution for the East Coast. A harbinger of things to come?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I have to thank our good friend and colleague Ptarmigan for all the articles he posts, every one of them worth reading. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
I have to thank our good friend and colleague Ptarmigan for all the articles he posts, every one of them worth reading. 

Thank you Franksolich.  :cheersmate:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Seems like the Teamsters want the majority of America to turn against them by striking during this recession and amid an already painful supply chain problem.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Seems like the Teamsters want the majority of America to turn against them by striking during this recession and amid an already painful supply chain problem.

I'm thinking the Teamsters strikes are planned to be the 2022 version of 2020's BLM riots. Timing seems a mite too ...suspicious? ...coordinated? ...convenient?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus