Author Topic: The other day I saw someone come in to the gas station and  (Read 341 times)

Offline CC27

kairos12 (11,156 posts)

The other day I saw someone come in to the gas station and

buy one gallon of gas. I noted his vehicle. Pretty good size SUV.

I noted this while sitting in my Prius eating beef jerky.

Contradiction. So my wife thinks.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216779545

I doubt it was beef jerky. I bet it was prescription drugs helped make up this story.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: The other day I saw someone come in to the gas station and
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 12:58:23 PM »
More likely tube steak. Just sayin.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 01:14:54 PM »
Well, the guy bought the SUV way back when, not anticipating gas prices like these.  Depending on where you live, like where I do, an SUV or a truck or at least a very substantial car is necessary to get around in the considerable snowfall.  Those laughable little rollerskates you see sometimes will not cut it. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 01:29:50 PM »
kairos12 (11,156 posts)

I noted this while sitting in my rusted out '96 Toyota Corolla with Gore/Lieberman stickers attached.

Fixed.  You don't have a Prius nor a wife.  Enjoy whatever jerky you can afford in Biden world.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 01:48:54 PM »
The smug electric car owners.  Let's do some math.

Average electric car = $56,000

Average driving/year = 15,000

I have a paid off car.  It's been paid off for 3 years.  It averages 28 mpg.

At 28 mpg, I would use 536 gallons of gas/year.  At an average of $4.50/gallon of gas I would spend $2,412/year.

To save enough on gas buying an electric vehicle I would need to keep the electric vehicle 23 years and at 15,000 miles per year I would have a 23 year old electric car with 345,000 miles on it.

NOTE: the above does not take into account how long the batteries would last, or how much it would cost to replace them, or normal maintenance on the vehicle.

So my question to the liberal elites who say "go buy electric" is; are you sure you know what you're talking about?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 02:06:50 PM »
Posted by: Karin
Today at 01:14:54 PM
Well, the guy bought the SUV way back when, not anticipating gas prices like these.  Depending on where you live, like where I do, an SUV or a truck or at least a very substantial car is necessary to get around in the considerable snowfall.  Those laughable little rollerskates you see sometimes will not cut it.

Nobody expected a senile fool campaigning from his basement to legitimately win the election.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 02:18:22 PM »
kairos12 (11,156 posts)

buy one gallon of gas.
I have done that if I could get $2 off the Ultimate Package wash from the attached car wash.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 02:43:41 PM »

At 28 mpg, I would use 536 gallons of gas/year.  At an average of $4.50/gallon of gas I would spend $2,412/year.

To save enough on gas buying an electric vehicle I would need to keep the electric vehicle 23 years and at 15,000 miles per year I would have a 23 year old electric car with 345,000 miles on it.

NOTE: the above does not take into account how long the batteries would last, or how much it would cost to replace them, or normal maintenance on the vehicle.

So my question to the liberal elites who say "go buy electric" is; are you sure you know what you're talking about?

KC

Of course not, as we all know, economics and math aren't DUmmy's friends nor even inhabit the same hemisphere.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 03:56:29 PM »

KC

You forgot to add the cost of electric, and the price of new batteries. Plus if you live in a state with not enough electric and have brown outs you are SOL!! :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2022, 04:28:26 PM »
That’s a post which has no meaning. I know what the primitive is trying to imply, but it has no evidence to back up that implication except its own uneducated, dimwitted imagination.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2022, 04:30:24 PM »
kairos12 (11,156 posts)

I noted this while sitting in my rusted out '96 Toyota Corolla with Gore/Lieberman stickers attached.

Fixed.  You don't have a Prius nor a wife.  Enjoy whatever jerky you can afford in Biden world.

In the interest of accuracy:

kairos12 (11,156 posts)

I noted this while sitting in my rusted out '88 yugo with Bring Back Carter bumper stickers attached.

Contradiction. So my inflatable wife thinks.

:-)
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.