Author Topic: Having just filled up my car with gas, I'm thinking about prices, so  (Read 1041 times)

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: Having just filled up my car with gas, I'm thinking about prices, so
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2022, 07:08:20 PM »
Frank you are correct. I could go into detail about this but will gloss over ethanol and the bottom line it actually causes oil usage to go up... along with water, fertilizer... and destroys most engines and all small engines unless you put additives in.

A gallon of ethanol delivers about 75% of the energy of a gallon of real gas. To produce a a gallon of ethanol takes roughly a 1/4 gallon of oil from farm equipment, pumping water, tractors, harvesting, refining, removing waste...  Not to mention it is FOOD. Food for humans and food for our livestock food. It is a dumb idea and without government subsidizes increases the cost of blended gasoline making it more expensive per mile per gallon.
One of the highlights of my wife's chevy express was that it can be e85 compatible.  She has to compare the fuel prices to decide if e85 is financially viable. It never has been. As for corn and people food, a very miniscule amount of corn is produced for human consumption. The vast majority is produced for animal feed and industrial applications
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)