Author Topic: Why are we still using "defund" the police wording in posts here?  (Read 279 times)

Offline CC27

CTyankee (60,288 posts)

Why are we still using "defund" the police wording in posts here?

It is clearly NOT working on behalf of us. We are not getting the allies we had hoped to get.

I remember when we all had some reasonable alternative phrasings to offer. We should return to them. Repukes use it against us and we don't need that.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216775459

Oh, **** you.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Why are we still using "defund" the police wording in posts here?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 12:09:40 PM »
Because the phrase is honest, it frightens reasonable people away. So this nosey neighbor dimwit wants a word that has the same meaning but just not as scary. And if they can do that, then people will magically listen and agree. Meanwhile, the crime rate keeps rising and no one will take notice.

Leftists are so simpleminded.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 12:38:00 PM »
LOL, predictable. DU thinks it's not their ideas that are bad, just the persuasion technique.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 01:00:41 PM »
LOL, predictable. DU thinks it's not their ideas that are bad, just the persuasion technique.

Yup. Utterly predictable.

"Our idea to groom kids and take them to sexualized drag shows isn't bad, we're just not explaining it to people the right way. You have to break it down to simple because people who don't understand are stupid".

"Our idea to defund the police isn't bad, we're just not explaining it to people the right way. You have to break it down to simple because people who don't understand are stupid".

"Our idea that mnen can be women and women can be men isn't a bad one, we're just not explaining it to people the right way. You have to break it down to simple because people who don't understand are stupid".

"Our idea to let dangerous people out of jails and not prosecute criminal behavior isn't a bad one, we're just not explaining it to people the right way. You have to break it down to simple because people who don't understand are stupid".

"Our idea to eliminate the use of fossil fuels and raise energy prices through the roof isn't a bad one, we're just not explaining it to people the right way. You have to break it down to simple because people who don't understand are stupid".

The lyrics change, but the song remains the same.

Instead of "democratic underground", that site should be named Dunning-Kruger Underground.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 05:18:48 PM »
The solution is simple!!

instead of arresting criminals execute them, saving lots of $$$ that doesn't need to be spent processing them, incarcerating them and prosecuting them.

eventually criminals will get the message and the police can disband!! :thatsright: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!