Author Topic: IMO, the American people have not earned the right to celebrate July 4 This Year  (Read 452 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
lots of packed up hate in this thread. DUmmies would be dangerous if they weren't so lazy

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216739781

Sat May 28, 2022, 07:21 AM
fightforfreedom (1,139 posts)

In my opinion, the American people have not earned the right to celebrate July 4th this year.
Are the American people going to celebrate the 4th as women rights are taken away?

Are they going to celebrate as we bury children with their heads blown off by a military assault rifle?

Are they going to celebrate as they watch the open hearings about Americans storming their own capital? Americans attacking their own capital is like taking a shit in your own living room.

Are they going to celebrate as those responsible for planning the attack walk freely among us? All the while mocking us, mocking the rule of law.

Are they going to celebrate as they continue to swallow propaganda like pigs at a trough? As they lie to themselves and others about everything.

Are they going to celebrate as they continue to destroy their election process, democracy, constitution?

For me, it will be the height of hypocrisy watching the American people celebrating the 4th this year. It will make me sick to my stomach. I will not be joining them.

They simple have not earned it.

Response to fightforfreedom (Original post)Sat May 28, 2022, 07:27 AM
True Blue American (15,114 posts)

1. I beg your pardon
I decorated the graves of my Family members who fought for this Country and do not want to hear this both sides Bull.
If my post is reported and deleted, so be it!

Response to True Blue American (Reply #1)Sat May 28, 2022, 07:36 AM

5. Of course I am not blaming all Americans for what is happening.
But it is happening. What I posted, the questions I asked are factual. This is my opinion and no one has to agree with it.
How can we celebrate our independence as we destroy it? That is an honest question?

sometimes you pay a price for the virtue signalling, eh?

Response to fightforfreedom (Reply #5)Sat May 28, 2022, 07:43 AM

7. Then your heading should have said that.

Response to True Blue American (Reply #7)Sat May 28, 2022, 07:56 AM

14. I used the word celebrate over and over again.

I said nothing about people honoring their ancestors, our history. There is nothing wrong with that. Lots of people visit the cemetery on the 4th. Nothing wrong with that. But celebrating our independence this 4th, I can't do it.
July 4th is about our independence, which is being destroyed right now. That's my point, that's how I feel.

Well, at least this moron squeezed the word independence in there once

Response to fightforfreedom (Original post)Sat May 28, 2022, 07:35 AM
Star Member madaboutharry (37,973 posts)

2. We should not allow bad people with ill will to take anything away from us.
This 4th of July can be a celebration not of jingoism or the agenda of those who want to wreck everything, but rather of the democracy we are fighting to keep.
We can celebrate the heroes who have given their lives for this country, we can celebrate those in Washington who are fighting the fascists, we can celebrate our refusal to give up.

Interesting concept ya have there, DUmmie

Response to jimfields33 (Reply #23)Sat May 28, 2022, 08:53 AM
Star Member 2naSalit (58,743 posts)

27. I have taken issue...
With the fireworks thing for decades.
Why do we celebrate our freedom with the sounds of war? Explosions and gunfire.
It's hideous, especially when watching them in a wild area surrounded by forests and wildlife who, during the fireworks and extended gunfire, are frightened out of their minds not knowing what the hell is going on. The sound carries for miles in the thin air and echoes back for minutes.
Being a sufferer of PTSD, fireworks make for a very stressful few days either side of the fireworks and firecrackers and gunfire. It makes all those holidays less than enjoyable events.
So why is it we have to have explosions and gunfire to celebrate what is supposed to be a peaceful nation?
Or maybe we've been lying to ourselves about that all along too.

DUmmies sure are unhappy with the state of our union right now.,
I wonder what went wrong?

Offline SVPete

Dear Dishonestly self-named fightforfreedom please self-fornicate, hard and repeatedly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.

In my opinion, the American people have not earned the right to celebrate July 4th this year.
Are the American people going to celebrate the 4th as women rights are taken away?

Eliminating the federal governments role in abortion is completely in line with independence.

Are they going to celebrate as we bury children with their heads blown off by a military assault rifle?

The framers would approve of people at large having military weapons. In fact, they said so, in amendment 2.

Or did you think the modern version of arms is pronouns?

Are they going to celebrate as they watch the open hearings about Americans storming their own capital? Americans attacking their own capital is like taking a shit in your own living room.

Stolen elections have consequences.

Are they going to celebrate as those responsible for planning the attack walk freely among us? All the while mocking us, mocking the rule of law.

Let someone know when they do 2.1 BILLION in damage, wont you?

Are they going to celebrate as they continue to swallow propaganda like pigs at a trough? As they lie to themselves and others about everything.

Trump russia collusion ring a bell? How about russian bounties on our soldiers heads? How about hunters laptop being russian disinformation? How about the koi who were going to die because President Trump dumped in the whole container, overfeeding them? How about all the lies from cnn and richard madcow?

Are they going to celebrate as they continue to destroy their election process, democracy, constitution?

Sorry you can't wrap what passes for your brain around the idea that it is ELECTION DAY, not election month or election week. Democracy can **** off. We live in a republic, not a democracy. Besides that, gun grabbing unAmerican pieces of shit like you do not get to play the constitution card.

For me, it will be the height of hypocrisy watching the American people celebrating the 4th this year. It will make me sick to my stomach. I will not be joining them.

That's because you're dumber than a bag of trevors.

They simple have not earned it.

Wrong. Independence Day is bought, permanently, and paid for with our dearest blood.

**** off and die slowly in a fire.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Star Member madaboutharry (37,974 posts)

2. We should not allow bad people with ill will to take anything away from us.

This 4th of July can be a celebration not of jingoism or the agenda of those who want to wreck everything, but rather of the democracy we are fighting to keep.

We can celebrate the heroes who have given their lives for this country, we can celebrate those in Washington who are fighting the fascists, we can celebrate our refusal to give up.

Our sentiment exactly, when it comes to gun grabbers gun grabbing.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

Dear LPC n00b -

As an honest-to-goodness descendent of General Washington's family line, I don't recall looking for YOUR PERMISSION to celebrate jack squat, DUmbass, and I wholeheartedly reject your implication that because another one of YOU LOONS blew a gasket and shot up an elementary school full of innocents in a final fit of "Look at ME! Pay attention to ME! Aren't I special?!?" attention whoring, the people who didn't commit that atrocity should meekly surrender to the likes of you the liberties won on battlefields that INDEPENDENCE DAY celebrates.

**** off and die in a fire, LPC n00b DUmbass... :foff:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

5. Of course I am not blaming all Americans for what is happening.

Only those who put the current shithead in the whit house. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

My, my, choices:

Zoom Firecracker Run, half marathon, 10K, & 5K, Fremont, Coastal Trail Runs, 7/2
Stars & Strides 5K Run & Walk, San Jose, 7/2
Santa Cruz Firecracker 10K & 5K, 7/4, http://www.santacruzfirecracker10k.org/
Morgan Hill Freedom Fest, 5K, 7/4

It's tempting to do one on the 2nd and another on the 4th, since celebrating the 4th would PO DUpipo. But my checking account would be less than appreciative, and there's an event on the 16th I'd like to do. I'm trying to decide between San Jose on the 2nd (which I did last year) and Morgan Hill on the 4th (which I've not done before). Hey onlurking DUpipo, :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue: !
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

The DUmmies have ALWAYS hated the 4th of July, because they have ALWAYS hated America.
So, they refer to celebrating the 4th as "Jingoism" or "Nationalism" or some crap like that.
To Hell with them, I won't let them spoil my enjoyment of that great holiday.

Offline Mr Mannn

In a land of free men, only Lefty will claim you have no right to celebrate your freedom.
That alone should telly you the kind of govt Lefty will bring given the chance.

Offline SVPete

In a land of free men, only Lefty will claim you have no right to celebrate your freedom.
That alone should telly you the kind of govt Lefty will bring given the chance.

This, is Progressivism.

My list above of SF Bay Area events may not line up with stereotypes of the SF Bay Area, but non-crazies - conservative or liberal - don't make newspaper headlines or the 6 O'Clock news. Nor get on the radar screens of conservative or Prog opinion sites. My list didn't even include a 5K in Concord, organized by one of my favorite organizer companies, because Concord is a bit far of a drive for me for "just" a 5K.

Today is the Armed Forces Day Half Marathon, from downtown Concord, out to Naval Weapons Station Concord (now closed) for a couple of loops, and back to Concord. Between some folks' Covid concerns and other changes, I'd guess there will be 500-800 finishers. Reality is always more complex than stereotypes.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
I'll take the land of the free and home of the brave over the land of the freebie and home of the bravenak, any day.

Offline jukin

I'll take the land of the free and home of the brave over the land of the freebie and home of the bravenak, any day.

Sadly the land of the free is gone and there are very few brave.

I agree with the DUmbass DUchebag's statement but not for its stated reasons. We didn't deserve to celebrate it last year.... oh that's right Biden and the communist governors forbade us to celebrate.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Whiney leftist losers in life aren't allowed to dictate what my rights are.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Response to fightforfreedom (Original post)Sat May 28, 2022, 07:27 AM

1. I beg your pardon
I decorated the graves of my Family members who fought for this Country and do not want to hear this both sides Bull.
If my post is reported and deleted, so be it!

Umm, we just did Memorial Day, not Independence day, which is what the LPCNPC is trying to raise a stink about.  Like I remind students frequently, read the whole question before answering. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Umm, we just did Memorial Day, not Independence day, which is what the LPCNPC is trying to raise a stink about.  Like I remind students frequently, read the whole question before answering.

Sadly a lot of people are unaware of the differences of Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day. Each has a distinct and different purpose to recognize quite specific things.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender