Author Topic: Biden to Obama: You bet I'm running in 2024  (Read 821 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Biden to Obama: You bet I'm running in 2024
« on: April 19, 2022, 02:48:28 PM »
SharterJoe can't even control his bowels and he's gonna "run again" at age 82. This would be hysterically funny if it weren't so sad. This is how far he's gone -- he doesn't even know or realize how inept, incompetent, and yet destructive that he is. He knows he's not calling the shots. His handlers are doing that, the chief among them being Barry himself.

Did he tell Barack Obama, or did Joe Biden ask the Easter Bunny for permission? Neither would be a surprise, since Biden has insisted for the last fifteen months that he’s running for a second term, unless “fate” intervenes. “Fate” in this case should be family members or Democratic Party leaders, but thus far no one’s stepping up to either challenge or stop him:

President Biden has told former President Obama that he is planning to run for reelection in 2024, two sources tell The Hill.

The admission to Obama is the latest indication that Biden is likely to run for a second term, something the president has spoken about publicly. …

“[Biden] wants to run and he’s clearly letting everyone know,” said one of the two sources familiar with the conversations between Obama and Biden.

Biden, of course, thinks he’s doing great, a delusion that a midterm disaster probably won’t penetrate. He apparently also suffers from a delusion that only he can beat Donald Trump if his predecessor runs again, when in fact he might be the only Democrat that would lose to him at this point:

The source also said that Biden, despite his faltering approval ratings, remains the most likely Democratic candidate to defeat Trump. This was a key part of Biden’s salesmanship to voters as he sought support for this 2020 bid — and a big reason primary voters rallied to him in South Carolina and “Super Tuesday” states where he sealed his status as the Democratic frontrunner.

“I believe he thinks he’s the only one who can beat Trump. I don’t think he thinks there’s anyone in the Democratic party who can beat Trump and that’s the biggest factor,” the source familiar with the Obama-Biden talks said.
If Democrats fielded a younger, healthier, and more cognitively competent nominee against Trump, they might still win in 2024 with an electorate looking for real change. Or at least a candidate who wasn’t born before rock & roll was invented. That’s something that both parties should consider during their nomination process for the 2024 presidential campaign, but not the only problem with a rematch for either party. Neither the status quo nor the status quo ante will work for voters any longer. After all this corrosive inflation, chaos at home and abroad, and two successive presidencies fouled up by unpopular pandemic policies, voters won’t want a return of either 45 or 46. They will be looking for a fresh start and will reward the party that provides it, especially if the other does not.

If Biden insists and Trump prevails, however, Democrats could end up in a nightmare scenario, Ross Douthat argues, although it’s not his main point. Ross is discussing the oft-floated complaints about the Senate not being representative (which is cover for Democrats’ failing to attract voters outside of their urban/coastal cores), but the stars are aligning in a particular way in 2024:

Republican structural advantages, while real, did not then prevent Democrats from reclaiming the House of Representatives in 2018 and the presidency in 2020 and Senate in 2021. These victories extended the pattern of 21st century American politics, which has featured significant swings every few cycles, not the entrenchment of either party’s power.

The political landscape after 2024, however, might look more like liberalism’s depictions of its Trump-era plight. According to calculations by liberalism’s Cassandra, David Shor, the convergence of an unfavorable Senate map for Democrats with their pre-existing Electoral College and Senate disadvantages could easily produce a scenario where the party wins 50 percent of the congressional popular vote, 51 percent of the presidential vote — and ends up losing the White House and staring down a nearly filibuster-proof Republican advantage in the Senate.

That’s a scenario for liberal horror, but it’s not one that conservatives should welcome either.

That’s a scenario that a Biden run would catalyze, at least from his performance so far. If Donald Trump did end up with the GOP nomination, he’d benefit from Biden’s apparent determination to be the worst president since Jimmy Carter and maybe even since Franklin Pierce, or at least the Gilded Age. That would put Trump atop a Congress that would be nearly unstoppable for two years. And contra Shor, who in fairness is talking about one potential outcome, a Biden run with his current numbers might actually produce popular-vote majorities for Republicans all the way down, even for Trump, wiping out even the legitimacy argument.

Biden will already kill Democrats’ ambitions for 2023 and 2024. Obama and his family had better talk him out of re-election if they want Democrats to have a chance for a rebound after the midterms, and they’d also better start looking past Kamala Harris for a cognitively competent replacement.

Ed Morrissey at Hot Air
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Biden to Obama: You bet I'm running in 2024
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »
Hope he does.  That will put the dems in a really bad position of either letting him run and know they're going to lose, or telling him it's time they pull the plug on him.

Even a pandemic wouldn't save his ass next election.  What a horror show this first 1.5 years has been.

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 08:56:29 PM »
Hope he does.  That will put the dems in a really bad position of either letting him run and know they're going to lose, or telling him it's time they pull the plug on him.

Even a pandemic wouldn't save his ass next election.  What a horror show this first 1.5 years has been.

KC

With as many dickheads that are out there who think that mask wearing is an art form, I ain't too sure about the pandemic angle. Normal Americans, like you and me, are DONE with mask mandates. But there are plenty of morons who absolutely depend on the government to tell them when and how to breathe.  :whatever:

That said, I'm much more inclined to think that cheating in the election will reach new levels of skullduggery that we haven't even seen yet.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 09:13:04 PM »

But, but, then again  ...

He didn't say in which particular direction he'd be running!   :rotf:
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 09:19:50 PM »

But, but, then again  ...

He didn't say in which particular direction he'd be running!   :rotf:

Isn't it obvious? He'll be making a beeline for his basement. The tactic worked sooo well for him in 2020, after all...

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 09:29:50 PM »
Isn't it obvious? He'll be making a beeline for his basement. The tactic worked sooo well for him in 2020, after all...

:popcorn:

He'll be making a beeline for his basement.

Yes indeedy, he will!

Mercy! Hope his caretakers stock up on plenty pudding cups, icecream & you-know-whats!  Poor thing! 

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 09:55:42 PM »
Hey DefiantSix!

Mind sharing some of that :popcorn: at the moment ...

I haven't stocked up on my supply yet!   :-)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 06:25:18 AM »
He'll be making a beeline for his basement.

Yes indeedy, he will!

Mercy! Hope his caretakers stock up on plenty pudding cups, icecream & you-know-whats!  Poor thing!

By "you-know-whats" I'm pretty sure you mean extra boxes of Depends. After all, he needs them.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2022, 08:14:25 AM »
By "you-know-whats" I'm pretty sure you mean extra boxes of Depends. After all, he needs them.

Ya think?  :-)

These look as if they might do the trick:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DOU5FYaIoY
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 08:18:18 AM by ABC-2 »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2022, 08:27:53 AM »
"I'll have the runs in 2024," might be more likely.

LIEden has the Dem Party betwixt Scylla and Charybdis, IMO. On one hand, LIEden appears to be mentally going. OTOH, Kammie is deservedly extremely unpopular and monumentally stupid. Kammie is a continual threat to make HilLIARy's "Basket of Deplorables" mega-gaffe look like less-than-wise hyperbole.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.