Author Topic: RNC votes unanimously to pull out of Commission on Presidential Debates  (Read 336 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rnc-votes-to-pull-out-of-commission-on-presidential-debates/ar-AAWexTv?ocid=uxbndlbing
The Republican National Committee (RNC) voted unanimously on Thursday to ban future GOP presidential nominees from participating in debates put on by the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), the nonpartisan body that has organized general election debates since 1988.

"The Commission on Presidential Debates is biased and has refused to enact simple and commonsense reforms to help ensure fair debates including hosting debates before voting begins and selecting moderators who have never worked for candidates on the debate stage," RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel said in a statement.

The amendment to the committee's rules, which members approved at the party's spring meeting in Memphis, requires potential nominees to agree in writing to participate only in RNC-sanctioned debates or face exclusion from future debates.

"All presidential primary candidates shall also agree in writing to appear in only sanctioned Primary and General Election debates," the amendment said. "Any presidential primary candidate who does not agree in writing or who participates in any debate that is not a Sanctioned Debate shall not be eligible to participate in any further Sanctioned Debates."

The amendment includes language about a temporary committee on presidential debates that would approve and sanction debates for the RNC.

Republicans called for reforms to the CPD in the wake of the 2020 presidential debates, when the first debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden was held after early voting had already started in some states. The committee also called on the commission to reform the way it selects moderators, citing perceived bias with those chosen to oversee 2020's debates.

I for one am tired of seeing the GOP candidiate debate TWO Lefties: the Democrat and the Moderator.
I want to see Tucker lead a presidential debate.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rnc-votes-to-pull-out-of-commission-on-presidential-debates/ar-AAWexTv?ocid=uxbndlbingI for one am tired of seeing the GOP candidiate debate TWO Lefties: the Democrat and the Moderator.

I can't disagree with you about tucker, that would be great.

I'm not convinced that what the rnc is doing is for the reasons they say, however.

I no longer trust them.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rnc-votes-to-pull-out-of-commission-on-presidential-debates/ar-AAWexTv?ocid=uxbndlbingI for one am tired of seeing the GOP candidiate debate TWO Lefties: the Democrat and the Moderator.

Oops, I also started a thread on this story. Mods, could you please delete?

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=128945.0

I'm just gobsmacked that, after decades of feckless meandering and jacking around, the RNC finally reached down and found a pair of balls.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.