Author Topic: Does anyone have any theories to answer this? Why TF are Conservatives  (Read 327 times)

Offline CC27

Thtwudbeme (7,090 posts)

Does anyone have any theories to answer this? Why TF are Conservatives

so obsessed with sex?

We have a Lt. Gov in NC who found TWO books in a few HS media centers in NC that have a few scenes of gay sex- the books are graphic novels.

The man cannot QUIT talking about them. He stands in front of crowds with the images displayed on a ppt. He is convinced that teachers are predators- that teachers are out to "indoctrinate children" into some bizarre lifestyle that will be the ruin of the US.

I am a middle school librarian. I have to read books that are appropriate for students in the 6th through 8th grades. If my kiddos are checking out books that I think are more appropriate for a higher grade level I simply tell them, "if you find something that makes you uncomfortable, or your folks don't think it's OK, just bring it back to me and we'll find something else." In 8 years, I have had about three students bring a book back. I noted what made them uncomfortable, and we found different books. Simple. Easy. No stress on the kids, parents, or me.

But, these Republicans seem to think about children and sex constantly? Does anyone have a theory as to what in the hell is wrong with them?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216584251

Nice projection.

Offline SVPete

Thtwudbeme (7,090 posts)

so obsessed with sex?

We have a Lt. Gov in NC who found TWO books in a few HS media centers in NC that have a few scenes of gay sex- the books are graphic novels.

Does DU-member Thtwudbeme understand the meaning of "graphic novel"? That the "scenes of gay sex" will be pictured, not mentioned in words? Please explain to me how the authors of these "graphic novels" are not the ones obsessed with sex and grooming at least some readers?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Nice projection.

Besides that, it highlights something peculiar about DU and the left in general: If you want to know why someone thinks something, why not ask them?

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Nice projection.

Meanwhile, they demand that we submit our children to their freakish sex obsessions because they think it might create more gay people.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.

so obsessed with sex?

OK groomer.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats

so obsessed with sex?

Because we have a moral distrust of pedophiles, sodomites, worshipers of Molech and Baal, and democrats in general.

"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Because we have a moral distrust of pedophiles, sodomites, worshipers of Molech and Baal, and democrats in general.

Holy redundancy, Batman!

:hi5: 

:-)
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.