Author Topic: Shanghai to expand lockdown to most residents as COVID cases rise  (Read 323 times)

Offline SVPete

Shanghai to expand lockdown to most residents as COVID cases rise

https://www.srnnews.com/shanghai-to-expand-lockdown-to-most-residents-as-covid-cases-rise/

SHANGHAI (Reuters) -Shanghai is set to put the vast majority of its residents under COVID lockdown from Friday, as it expands curbs to include the western half of the city and extends restrictions in the east where people have already been forced to stay home since Monday.

The Chinese commercial hub, home to 26 million people, is on the fourth day of a 10-day lockdown that was to cover the city in two phases, with first the east and then the west entering lockdowns of five days each.

The stay-at-home measure in the financial and industrial districts in the east began on Monday and was due to lifted at 5 a.m. on Friday.

However, the city government late on Thursday said it would lift the curbs in stages instead.

Residents living in buildings where positive cases were found will remain under lockdown for 10 more days, while those in the same housing compound or neighbourhood will face shorter extensions of restricted movement.

Shutting down a city more populous than some nations. What will it take for Xi to recognize his "No Covid" policy is failing and harming China's economy?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Shanghai to expand lockdown to most residents as COVID cases rise
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 01:23:04 PM »
Shutting down a city more populous than some nations. What will it take for Xi to recognize his "No Covid" policy is failing and harming China's economy?

Given the harm Chairman Pooh's minions here in North America have done in the name of fear mongering and hyperventilating over the Wuhan Flu, I can't say as I'm especially sympathetic if his economy goes to shit like everyone else's.

**** the ChiComs.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus